Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I haven't gotten a chance to test it, does the DoT tick on H-Tortos give you a new shield or is it like Direhorn's where Application of spell gives you the effect?

I don't want to NT a Crystal, have the stomp break my Shield, and then have the NT tick again afterwards to automatically give me a new Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    How to handle Ionization (H-Jinrokh):

- Spec Cold Snap
    - Understand that if you are Iceblocked when Ionization goes out, you never get the debuff (same with Cloak, AMS, Divine Shield, and Deterrence) and thus never have to run out of the pool.
    - Ionization happens every 1.5m

1) Five seconds before the 1st Ionization occurs, Ice Block and immediately Cold Snap (you can Cold Snap while you're in the Ice Block and it won't cancel the Ice Block). Sit in this IB for 7ish seconds or till the debuff goes out.
    2) Second Ionization you can wait till 1 second, or wait till you see him cast the spell Ionization.
    3) Five seconds before the 3rd Ionization occurs, your Cold Snap should come off CD. Cold Snap for your IB, and IB with 1 second till, or as you see him cast the spell.

My personal recommendation is to not dispel the 4th Ionization at all, for anyone. Just zerg the boss because you will be hitting enrage very shortly.
    That's quite nice but I honestly prefer picking up Greater Invisibility. That way you won't lose that much dps-time sitting around in an iceblock. Just let the debuff run out and at 3 sek left you blink out, use invis and continue casting... (pool will get overcharged seconds later so no big dps loss from leaving pool, because you would need to leave it anyway)
    Last edited by Carline; 2013-03-22 at 10:06 AM.

I haven't gotten a chance to test it, does the DoT tick on H-Tortos give you a new shield or is it like Direhorn's where Application of spell gives you the effect?

I don't want to NT a Crystal, have the stomp break my Shield, and then have the NT tick again afterwards to automatically give me a new Shield.
    It's just application afaik.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

the dot effect lasts 1s so yea you have to re-dot it

and if you have full shell on you and get stomped your shell will very likely to be up (mitigated by armor)

and yea application it gets refreshed when u get healed
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-03-23 at 09:43 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

tip in lfr

use time warp before you use alter time.......trust me........ >_<

You can cancel the Alter Time if that happens. Just right click the buff/cancelaura it. You lose the bonus 6s of whatever and you don't get the extra procs but it's well worth having more than 6 seconds of hero/lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    tip in lfr

use time warp before you use alter time.......trust me........ >_<
    I'd take this tip further not to just mean "don't use time warp while you have the buff" but "Just cast time warp and alter time at the start of the fight, because if you don't then someone will see that alter time is up and use bloodlust and then you won't get it for the rest of the encounter"
    This happens every time I don't use time warp myself >_>

Dark Animus - If you are assigned to tank an add, and you are frost spec, at the pull, hit your assigned add with one ice lance and make sure your water elemental starts attacking it. The elemental will effectively tank it, helping your healers a lot due to the fact that the elemental has double the physical damage reduction that you do, and the fact that you can heal it will help too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrubmage View Post
    Dark Animus - If you are assigned to tank an add, and you are frost spec, at the pull, hit your assigned add with one ice lance and make sure your water elemental starts attacking it. The elemental will effectively tank it, helping your healers a lot due to the fact that the elemental has double the physical damage reduction that you do, and the fact that you can heal it will help too.
    I put my mage bomb on my add to avoid cleaving to the wrong mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I put my mage bomb on my add to avoid cleaving to the wrong mobs.
    I just used frost bomb and was smart about placing it on the correct tank add such that it wouldn't cleave anything it wasn't supposed to.

It's not like that fight on normal mode is a dps race, just mechanics to get used to. And after the first set of tanked adds i was killing died, I literally couldn't rip aggro off my water ele. So you might be able to throw nt on it after a few seconds while letting your ele tank it. Either way, that was just a suggestion to help healers on that fight if they were having mana issues towards the end of the fight.

Deleted
    Not really a trick (Or possibly even a tip, I just didn't think it warranted it's own thread)

In the centre of Primordius' room, if you blink it'll send you the opposite way, also on the bridge just before Durumu's fight area. I'm using Glyph of Momentum (Not sure if that may be what is causing it)

I know why Primordius' one happens, but it could be a spoiler for some people so I won't say. Figured I'd just let some of you know in case you get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    Not really a trick (Or possibly even a tip, I just didn't think it warranted it's own thread)

In the centre of Primordius' room, if you blink it'll send you the opposite way, also on the bridge just before Durumu's fight area. I'm using Glyph of Momentum (Not sure if that may be what is causing it)

I know why Primordius' one happens, but it could be a spoiler for some people so I won't say. Figured I'd just let some of you know in case you get confused.
    I noticed weard bugs with alter time on primordius aswell. When my alter time ended I would find myself facing backwards away from the boss.

For Iron Qon, I specced blazing speed and took the blink glyph. Macro blink and speed, and this should get you to the gate edge of windstorm in less than 2 seconds. What I did was spam Ice Barrier (or TS if you prefer), and hit the macro (after a quick inspection of the tornados) and it usually got me to the edge with over 70% life. While I waited for the rest of the group, I just invocated myself up to 100%. Never got picked up once.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    For Iron Qon, I specced blazing speed and took the blink glyph. Macro blink and speed, and this should get you to the gate edge of windstorm in less than 2 seconds. What I did was spam Ice Barrier (or TS if you prefer), and hit the macro (after a quick inspection of the tornados) and it usually got me to the edge with over 70% life. While I waited for the rest of the group, I just invocated myself up to 100%. Never got picked up once.
    your shield/healing is 80% less effective in the storm so IB before storm is best option

Ah ok, I didn't realize. To be honest, glyphed blink/BS got me out pretty quick anyway, but I'll do that next time. Thanks!

Deleted
    You can spellsteal pretty cool buffs for +dmg from fire mages trash before council of elders If you get 5 stacks you will cast instant aoe

Don't spread combustion on Dark Animus and kill everything before it's ready to die. Your raid won't be happy about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grondath View Post
    Don't spread combustion on Dark Animus and kill everything before it's ready to die. Your raid won't be happy about it
    I know this feeling. ^

I assume I'll be unglyphing Icelance as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I assume I'll be unglyphing Icelance as well?
    Nah, Glyph of Ice Lance is fine. Just don't when you are initially picking up your add. Once you are out of range of your other players you should be fine.