Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Assuming Paragon, who got world first, took 6 weeks to kill H LK and had (on average we'll say 45 attempts per week) - attempts were shared across PP, Saurfang, Sindy and LK iirc, 6 x 45 = 270 potential pulls. Paragon have stated that Heroic LK being the "hardest boss ever" took them 170 pulls to down.

So as far as I can see Ra-Den can be looked at in 2 ways; 1, 9 weeks and would then be semi on par with LK in regards to total allowed pulls and,
    2. after 6 weeks (total 180 pulls)

The only difference is on LK you could* get 50 consecutive attempts in to really work on progress (20 more than Ra-Den) though some weeks you may not get as many if, shall we say PP or sindy caused you trouble, you would end up getting less. HLK stayed alive for 6 weeks and 170 pulls which works out on average to be almost 30 pulls each week (very similar to Ra-Den)

Other factors to consider certainly in light of the recent bugs, Ra-Den had never ever been seen before and LK had been practiced on PTR and live so was significantly less buggier (not 100% bug free though with an unseen phase too.) SO aspects of Heroic LK could be practiced in normal mode and had already been learnt in normal mode too, certain strats could be practiced beyond the 50 allowed pulls each week in normal to check their viability. But just remember the 2 bosses are different and comparing difficulties can only really be said by the people who kill it as to what is "harder" and lets not forget those rose tinted glasses too. It has been said H Lei Shen is "the hardest" but we'll see how it all goes once RaDen is dead by a couple of guilds and we get their statements on it, til then it's just speculation and looking at facts and figures! Either way really excited for this tier
    You guys are forgetting that guilds didn't initially get 50 attempts a week in Icecrown. It started at 20 attempts and the number increased as the buff did. IIRC it was actually seven weeks for paragon to down LK. Three weeks of 20 attempts with no buff, and 4 weeks of 35 attempts with 5% buff. They also still had 20 attempts left the week that they killed it, so they spent a maximum of 180 attempts on LK with a few of those attempts also being used on the other bosses. But yeah, 170 attempts sounds about right.
    Last edited by sockem; 2013-04-09 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sockem View Post
    You guys are forgetting that guilds didn't initially get 50 attempts a week in Icecrown. It started at 20 attempts and the number increased as the buff did. IIRC it was actually seven weeks for paragon to down LK. Three weeks of 20 attempts with no buff, and 4 weeks of 35 attempts with 5% buff. They also still had 20 attempts left the week that they killed it, so they spent a maximum of 180 attempts on LK with a few of those attempts also being used on the other bosses. But yeah, 170 attempts sounds about right.
    I originally thought LK was killed faster than that for some reason within the realm of 100-120 attempts. OH well. Yea this week would bring Ra-Den to 90 possible attempts. Would be interesting to see how this progresses.

looking at wowprogress it is interesting how quickly some of the bosses were killed

Will of the Emperor Heroic 25-man
    1. Method 108 pulls
    2. Envy 46 pulls
    3. vodka 76 pulls
    4. Blood Legion 107 pulls

Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heroic 25-man
    1. Blood Legion 85 pulls
    2. Method 156 pulls
    3. Wraith 109 pulls
    4. vodka 125 pulls

Will of the Emperor Heroic 10-man
    1. DREAM Paragon 19 pulls
    2. КрашТест 60 pulls
    3. solid line 58 pulls
    4. Die Hordlinge 59 pulls

Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heroic 10-man
    1. DREAM Paragon 142 pulls
    2. Freak Me Out 111
    3. КрашТест 147 pulls

I hope that Rah Den poses a bigger challenge than Ragnaros did. I remember reading and interview with Dream Pargon and how they had over 500 wipes on Rag before their kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I originally thought LK was killed faster than that for some reason within the realm of 100-120 attempts. OH well. Yea this week would bring Ra-Den to 90 possible attempts. Would be interesting to see how this progresses.

looking at wowprogress it is interesting how quickly some of the bosses were killed

Will of the Emperor Heroic 25-man
    1. Method 108 pulls
    2. Envy 46 pulls
    3. vodka 76 pulls
    4. Blood Legion 107 pulls

Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heroic 25-man
    1. Blood Legion 85 pulls
    2. Method 156 pulls
    3. Wraith 109 pulls
    4. vodka 125 pulls

Will of the Emperor Heroic 10-man
    1. DREAM Paragon 19 pulls
    2. КрашТест 60 pulls
    3. solid line 58 pulls
    4. Die Hordlinge 59 pulls

Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heroic 10-man
    1. DREAM Paragon 142 pulls
    2. Freak Me Out 111
    3. КрашТест 147 pulls

I hope that Rah Den poses a bigger challenge than Ragnaros did. I remember reading and interview with Dream Pargon and how they had over 500 wipes on Rag before their kill.
    Lei Shen already pose a bigger challenge for many and most guilds than Ragnaros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Lei Shen already pose a bigger challenge for many and most guilds than Ragnaros.
    Not even close yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Ragnaros took Paragon over 500 wipes to kill, Lei-Shen took somewhere around 370. Not even close.

Envy > Lei Shen (25er)

yea, we just killed lei shen 25m hc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    yea, we just killed lei shen 25m hc
    Grats! That must feel good

How many pulls, if you can say?

Deleted
    Congratulations !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    Grats! That must feel good

How many pulls, if you can say?
    way too many....

-150 for all the caleb despawns?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrations View Post
    way too many....
    I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    BigWigs says 341, but it's probably a lot more because I didn't have it enabled for the first 2-3 nights (aka chain wiping in three minutes)
    Thanks Awesome dedication and really well earned, grats to you all!

Top 5 hardest Heroic fights of all time (imo):

1. Lei Shen
    2. Yogg 0
    3. Lich King
    4. Ragnaros
    5. M'uru

People need to understand that going off of number of pulls as a baseline isn't exactly accurate. There could be a single hard part of the fight that caused many early wipes (ie p2 Rag Molten Elementals) whereas the others could just be overall harder (ie Lich King). These are obviously just my opinion, but I was present for each during a pretty early stage (some more than others) and I'm fairly certain most people would agree on the grouping, maybe just not the order.

Quote Originally Posted by rigginsbear View Post

1. Lei Shen
    2. Yogg 0
    3. Lich King
    4. Ragnaros
    5. M'uru

People need to understand that going off of number of pulls as a baseline isn't exactly accurate. There could be a single hard part of the fight that caused many early wipes (ie p2 Rag Molten Elementals) whereas the others could just be overall harder (ie Lich King). These are obviously just my opinion, but I was present for each during a pretty early stage (some more than others) and I'm fairly certain most people would agree on the grouping, maybe just not the order.

I'd put Rag and Yogg+0 on top and then quite a big gap to the other 3...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stabmyheartxxx View Post
    You seem like a proper cunt.

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Thanks !

http://www.wowprogress.com/achievement/5803

Check out the pace of the Heroic Rag kills once the first two guilds killed it. Thats 12 guilds in two raid cycles. We're going on cycle number 3 for Lei Shen and are just now at 5 kills (10+25 combined). People tend to hold on to older fights out of pure nostalgia. Give it two years and people will be hanging on to Lei Shen in the same manner. I think Rag was a lot easier than most people make it out to be. Don't take that the wrong way; I still think it was a very hard encounter, it just didn't require the same individual skill requirement as some of the others on the list.
    Last edited by rigginsbear; 2013-04-09 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted

1. Lei Shen
    2. Yogg 0
    3. Lich King
    4. Ragnaros
    5. M'uru
    Someone said Heroic Sha was the hardest fight ever... right after the first kills.

People need to understand that going off of number of pulls as a baseline isn't exactly accurate. There could be a single hard part of the fight that caused many early wipes (ie p2 Rag Molten Elementals) whereas the others could just be overall harder (ie Lich King). These are obviously just my opinion, but I was present for each during a pretty early stage (some more than others) and I'm fairly certain most people would agree on the grouping, maybe just not the order
    And how is Lei Shen compared to the other bosses on the list? It seems pretty intense in every phase and looks like it needs perfect execution, but I would like to hear your thoughts on the fight overall (except the obvious "hard boss is hard").
    This is obviously to everyone downed it, not only Rigg ^^
    Last edited by mmoc65ba707d63; 2013-04-09 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted

1. Lei Shen
    2. Yogg 0
    3. Lich King
    4. Ragnaros
    5. M'uru
    I'll second that list except for 1 minor change.

5. Firefighter (Mimiron)

IMHO the top 5 hardest heroic fights would be
    1- yogg 0
    2- Lich king heroic ( 25 , not 10 )
    3- Ragnaros
    4- Heroic anub'arak 25

havn't had any experiences in mop

I won't lie. I'm probably a bit skewed on my favoritism towards Lei Shen atm, but I honestly don't see it coming off a top 5 list at any point; maybe just adjusting the order.

The lack of kills on the boss going on the 3rd reset since Method killed it speaks volumes on the difficultly of the encounter as a whole. It was such a well tuned fight and will stand the test of time, no doubt.