Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You think Crapaclysm was better than BC? LMAO the raids in BC were 1000000x better than anything Crapaclysm could offer.
    Kara and BT were the only good raids in BC imo. Firelands is just as good.

I can't take anyone seriously that would say Hyjal was a better raid than any of Catas raids (even DS).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the zones in BC, didn't feel like a warcraft game at all, especially not netherstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I can't take anyone seriously that would say Hyjal was a better raid than any of Catas raids (even DS).
    Never.

Mount Hyjal was epic, especially Archimonde. We wiped weeks on him in fires or from not properly timing crystal tears(was it called that?) and when we finally downed him, my god that feeling was so fucking epic. I can remember exactly how it all went even though it happened years ago. We had like one percent left to kill off him until we would get bubbled, but people were wiping again lol. But somehow we managed and people were raging on vent, being cheerful and congratulating each other on the hard work and good job done. It wasn't not the design of the battle that was truly epic, but the hardship and the bonding while overcoming it. The adrenaline rush, the joy and the relieve.. Now that was truly epic!

When did you ever experienced that in Cataclysm? Right. Proven my point.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Kara and BT were the only good raids in BC imo. Firelands is just as good.
    It was better for obvious reasons, such as letting us to play along with this famous wc3 mission. And it was filled with appropriate level of lore. And damn, it was freaking hard. Cataclysm's raids were good (excluding DS again for obvious reasons... well, to be honest, DS was not so bad, only Spine+Madness were crappy ones), good, but not epic. Don't know why... maybe it is because of a sudden Giantomania that plagued Blizzard's designers once Cata hit. Making bosses too big makes them absurd, IMO (again, for obvious reasons. It is hard to immerse in the world when a gnome tank is holding something twenty times bigger than itself).
    Also, there was ZA in BC, which was a very good raid experience too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Never.

Mount Hyjal was epic, especially Archimonde. We wiped weeks on him in fires or from not properly timing crystal tears(was it called that?) and when we finally downed him, my god that feeling was so fucking epic. I can remember exactly how it all went even though it happened years ago. We had like one percent left to kill off him until we would get bubbled, but people were wiping again lol. But somehow we managed and people were raging on vent, being cheerful and congratulating each other on the hard work and good job done. Damn, it's not really the design of the battle that was truly epic, but the hardship and the bonding while overcoming such a battle.

When did you ever experienced that in Cataclysm? Right. Proven my point.
    Heroic Firelands progression, as well as Heroic Spine when my guild was the only guild on our realm to ever down it pre-nerf.

All I experienced in Mount Hyjal was a horrible repetitive raid that did injustice to the story with mundane and boring trash and overall the raid wasn't even that difficult. I was in a great guild, we swept through that place (thankfully). I would have probably quit if Hyjal was tough progression for me. Easily the worst and most boring raid of all time.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-04-18 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was very epic for me, but back then entire game was epic because i started in burning crusade, also got best raiding team back then

BC has already been surpassed in terms of epicness. Sowwies.

BC was epic? huh, learn something new everyday

Best thing about tbc imo was the black gate. We knew the entrance was there and then running through it was 9 kinds of f'ing awesome.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The most epic moments in the game for me have been:

-Completing AQ40 for the first time (on warrior in MoP)
    -TBC Trailer
    -Wrath Trailer (Arthas, My Son)
    -Actually Finishing Ulduar (several years later in MoP)
    -Lich King Death Cinematic
    -Cataclysm Trailer
    -MoP Trailer
    -Listening to Cho's lore stories
    -Listening to Wrathion's legendary questline speeches
    -Warlock Green Fire Boss

As you can see, the most epic things for me have come from trailers and voice acting in the game, not from actual raiding or anything like that. Looking at BC stuff has always been rather "blah" in comparison. I am a Wrath Baby, yes, but Blizz has improved their game tenfold with each expansion and I know I can expect more epicness from MoP.

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Honestly? I havent found any game where ive had as much enjoyment as I did during TBC. It was spot on, and its hard to top.

Also please cut the "nostalgia" shit, you cant dismiss an opinion with that horrendously overused word.
    That word is horrendously overused because it's true. Most people who automatically dismiss anything after TBC do it simply because that expansion was the one they were a part of.

-It's daily quest system was minimal and even more tedious than MoP, despite how little daily quest content there was prior to Sunwell
    -there are very few monsters that even I not fully knowing my class when I first started couldn't kill (unlike MoP who requires me to actually think for a lot of rare and sometimes common bosses)
    -the raids were still simplistic in their strategies (the only thing that changed between Vanilla and TBC raiding was the fact that you had to move out of bad stuff and spread out now)
    -the in-game lore behind most places felt soulless and subpar in comparison to the titan and scourge lore of Wrath, and the mantid, pandaren, zandalari, and mogu lore of MoP. TBC had the advantage of being well-known thanks to the WC series, and even then it has felt subpar in comparison to MoP lore.

So yes, in fact, by me giving my honest opinion, I can dismiss your opinion as nostalgia just like I'm sure you could dismiss my opinion of wrath as nostalgia.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-04-18 at 10:44 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

IMO each expansion has been worse from then the previous one

BC;raids were epic>Wrath;close to bc > Cata so so lol @ archy> Mists of grindfest (bust) massive changes to in season pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Wrath of the Lich King. And it was years ago.
    Aye mate

Since this is a very opinion biased topic i will post mine...I started playing in BC.

i LOVED playing WoW during BC more than BC itself...(if that makese sense...), it was exciting to log on and try to attune for/raid Kara, SSC, TK, etc...there was always new people coming to the game, asking for help etc...the server i was on had its sense of community due to the way LFG was back then...As the expansion progressed it started to turn awful, never catching up in time, gearing up new recruits in Kara and heroics...etc...I think i would have quit WoW under the BC model if that would have lasted another year...

Wrath was the story i waited for the most...oh Arthas, oh LK, WC3 story coming to an "end" (or should i say conclussion?)...however, things were not presented that appealing to me....Naxx was fun for a while but Malygos story didnt tie much for me...neither did Ulduar...i see how many people love Ulduar above all but I was never really passionate about running Ulduar. Yes Yogg is epic, yes titans story is very cool but damn, i hoped to see raids more related to the scourge itself, i wanted to see the LK in his glory raiding alliance/horde bases to the point i would fear him....long story short, didnt happen...but hey at least i killed the lk and enjoyed ICC.(which lasted longer than it should imo).

Cata came in a moment where i did not care much about the game cuz my mind got ready for another "gear reset-gear farming" experience so i just wanted to pvp and never worry again about loot drops, guild drama, etc...I really have no ground to judge Cata other than the server community experience....it was awful, awful, awful, everybody in cities flying over the ah.....very little to none world pvp(in a pvp server)...instead of new people joining the game it was about people quitting the game....idk, sucks to be me i guess but Cata was a very empty experience.

Then MoP, horrible pvp, inmersive questing experience nevertheless....after Wrath i felt like the story was not really moving forward (probably due to my poor PvE activity during Cata) MoP however, made me feel like im discovering the World of Warcraft, like everything is new, anything can happen...i always thought all paths led to the LK cuz thats where wc3 left the story at but now that the lk is "gone" everything looks new again to me, alliance and horde are in active War once again, and thats the closest thing i have felt to epic in this game for a while....only downgraded by the awful pvp experience and the ridiculous amount of dailies that we lucky pvpers dont really need other than enchants....

Sorry for the rambling, it was just my 2 cents....

"Will anything ever be as epic as BC?"

NO not possible... Unless a Burning Legion expansion comes with Demon Hunters as playable class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UFF GIMME GIMME. But no i think wow has only gone down hill...
    (FYI, this is just my opinion, ure entitled to your own)... so f/o with whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Cata better than BC lol.
    Seriously - even Star Trek Online is better than Cata.

I don't know if I'd call BC epic, but it certainly was something special. Looking back on it after three more expansions, is it rough in places? Sure. Could it use an overhaul. Yeah. But it was our first glimpse at the world beyond what we'd known to that point, and it was well worth it.

Deleted
    WOTLK was the best for all that kinda stuff for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Honestly? I havent found any game where ive had as much enjoyment as I did during TBC. It was spot on, and its hard to top.

Also please cut the "nostalgia" shit, you cant dismiss an opinion with that horrendously overused word.
    I love it when people say it's nostalgia when I say I loved TBC. If it truely was nostalgia I'd love every game that I played when I was young.

TBC was up till now the most I ever had in a video game...and I'l admit, most of that was because of the social community back then. Act like a douchebag during TBC and transfer was your only option or you wouldn't get anywhere in the game.

I actually enjoyed questing in TBC because the zones were so different each time...now do 1 zone and you have seen them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    The most epic moments in the game for me have been:

-Completing AQ40 for the first time (on warrior in MoP)
    -TBC Trailer
    -Wrath Trailer (Arthas, My Son)
    -Actually Finishing Ulduar (several years later in MoP)
    -Lich King Death Cinematic
    -Cataclysm Trailer
    -MoP Trailer
    -Listening to Cho's lore stories
    -Listening to Wrathion's legendary questline speeches
    -Warlock Green Fire Boss

As you can see, the most epic things for me have come from trailers and voice acting in the game, not from actual raiding or anything like that. Looking at BC stuff has always been rather "blah" in comparison. I am a Wrath Baby, yes, but Blizz has improved their game tenfold with each expansion and I know I can expect more epicness from MoP.

Also,

That word is horrendously overused because it's true. Most people who automatically dismiss anything after TBC do it simply because that expansion was the one they were a part of.
    Doesn't make sense, if it was true then other Xpacks would have just as many people claiming it was awesome...we can agree then Wotlk and Cataclysm had awesome moments, but I can't say it was awesome overall.

It's the other way around for TBC...I didn't have that many peak moments because close to all of it was fun...and I'l take a game an higher overall fun rating any day over a game that had 1 really awesome raid or bossfight and 1 good quest.

I didn't even realise how lucky I was to have played during TBC till Wotlk hit...
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-04-18 at 11:19 PM.

Wow didnt think this thread would take off like it did, glad other people agree (and disagree lol) Don't get me wrong I loved WotLK I felt pretty immerssed in the game and story as well, especially the storm peaks the Thorim storyline was definatly one of my favs. But the zones in BC were just great and they were so diverse too they were just so atomospheric and the soundtrack I remember entering the dark portal for the first time and seeing the massive demon zerg it was awsome. I felt was a cut above everything else. And no its definatly not nostalgia for me, vanilla wow holds the most nostalgia for me.

Cata is ok and MoP feels like a saterday morning cartoon. The tone in BC and WotLK was so much more serious.

While BC was certainly a great expansion, if you're going to talk about 'Epic', then Vanilla was where it was at. The experience of raiding with a full 40 man team was such a great experience. I will always remember the first time my guild attempted Onyxia, and all 40 players charged down that ramp to engage. Sure, it's nostalgia, but nothing since (due to reduced raid sizes) has felt the same since.

Oh, ok. Taking on Oondasta with about 180 players was pretty epic, and lol-tastic at the same time.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?