Poll: Do you think it might happen?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why yes, right after Forsaken reclaim Stormwind.

I hoped for WPL back when we saw the pictures of it green again, the zombies can keep the Undercity, it's gross now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    In any sense, Im against Forsaken losing the Undercity. Its firmly theirs now. What makes anyone think Humans want it back anyway? Its filled with abominations, plague runs its sewers. The place is demolished beyond repair. Any human in their right mind wouldnt go back there.
    They don't even want the Undercity it's a relatively new construct forget out of the royal crypt. AFAIK nobody wants that but the Forsaken. Like Varian said in Wrath it's to reclaim the Ruins of Lordaeron the above ground part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    I may be talking absolute horseshit, but I believe the Alliance should focus on retaking Arathi, Stromgarde, Southshore and all that was lost that is indeed important (think about rebuilding Gilneas, for example). Yes, Lordaeron is important to maybe stay closer to Silvermoon, but I think there is plenty of other territory that can be easily taken/fixed and would not create a war.
    Those would (well, theoretically) be along the path to reclaim Lordaeron. Securing the regions as staging points to mount a crusade on UC, the Alliance is very lacking north of the Thandol Span.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    And more, if they would come to retake Lordaeron, wtf would they do? It's all rotten in and around it, destroyed by the scourge or by the Forsaken experiments.
    Rebuild! There's progress being made in the Plaguelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    The only playable races that don't use Burning Legion powers are Night Elves and Pandaren, all other races can be warlocks which means they look towards the paths of the Burning Legion.
    ...and Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    At this point and with the Prince being forsaken, I highly think it could go to the Forsaken, and then they finally have a strong grasp of northern Eastern kingdoms, with gilneas the bastion of the alliance.
    From what I've seen of the more prominent Forsaken are either foreign (Sylvanas, Faranell) or chose to dissociate from their life (Nathanos, Galen).

He considers his old life meaningless now, even stating "Yes... I was once Prince of the fallen kingdom of Stromgarde." With him being dead since vanilla Danath had probably inherited since... having your predecessors come back to life does mess with lines of inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Even though taking out Garithos was probably doing most a favor, shows the Forsaken were the ones to betray humans who cooperated fully to the end

As for the term "reclaim" in Blizzard's words (pg 188 of the official manual)
    Sylvanas Windrunner, led the rebel Forsaken to the Undercity and claimed it for her own.
    vs
    From this bastion, the Forsaken wage an unending battle against the Scourge as well as the remaining humans who still seek to reclaim their lands.

After how Lordaeron helped the Stormwind refugees following the Orcish invasion it seems only fair for Stormwind to repay their debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    As for the term "reclaim" in Blizzard's words (pg 188 of the official manual)
    Sylvanas Windrunner, led the rebel Forsaken to the Undercity and claimed it for her own.
    vs
    From this bastion, the Forsaken wage an unending battle against the Scourge as well as the remaining humans who still seek to reclaim their lands.

After how Lordaeron helped the Stormwind refugees following the Orcish invasion it seems only fair for Stormwind to repay their debt.
    That has less to do with the Alliance and more to do with the Scarlet Crusade and random survivors/refugees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though taking out Garithos was probably doing most a favor, shows the Forsaken were the ones to betray humans who cooperated fully to the end
    That in no way was "cooperating fully", considering that Garithos owed his freedom and life to Sylvanas, and demanded everything the Forsaken would gain, for himself. Fair deal, huh?
    Think of it, there are people from Stormwind that happened to be in Lordaeron when Scourge hit, and they are now Forsaken. So, following this logic, Forsaken have a right to reclaim Stormwind. It works both ways.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-04-29 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    Do you think that the Alliance will ever attempt to claim Lordaeron again as capitol of the alliance? or do you think that its already too corrupted and will never return to the hands of the living. I feel like if it returned it would be sort of like Silvermoon.
    Lorderon is still largely inhabited by its original citizens; so you can't just grab it out from under them. Just because you dislike the fact that they're now undead doesn't mean you get to ignore that the land is theirs by right of prior claim.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I hoped for WPL back when we saw the pictures of it green again, the zombies can keep the Undercity, it's gross now.
    Thats true, the city is corrupt and will never match its previous beauty.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    That in no way was "cooperating fully", considering that Garithos owed his freedom and life to Sylvanas, and demanded everything the Forsaken would gain, for himself. Fair deal, huh?
    Did you watch the video I quoted? Their first encounter, Sylvanas requests their aid and states what they would get in return.

Grand Marshal Garithos: "The spell has been lifted. Is the nightmare finally over?"
    Sylvanas Windrunner: "Stand down, humans. I have no quarrel with you."
    Grand Marshal Garithos: "What is it you want, elf witch?"
    Sylvanas Windrunner: "We have a common enemy. The last dreadlord, Balnazzar, currently controls the capital city of your kingdom. If you help me kill him, I'll see to it that you get your lands back."
    Grand Marshal Garithos: "Why should we trust you? You're part of the Scourge that drove us out in the first place!"
    Sylvanas Windrunner: "Not anymore. My only interest here is vengeance."
    Grand Marshal Garithos: "Very well. I'll rally what's left of my forces and meet you outside the gates."

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you watch the video I quoted? Their first encounter, Sylvanas requests their aid and states what they would get in return.

Grand Marshal Garithos: "The spell has been lifted. Is the nightmare finally over?"
    Sylvanas Windrunner: "Stand down, humans. I have no quarrel with you."
    Grand Marshal Garithos: "What is it you want, elf witch?"
    Sylvanas Windrunner: "We have a common enemy. The last dreadlord, Balnazzar, currently controls the capital city of your kingdom. If you help me kill him, I'll see to it that you get your lands back."
    Grand Marshal Garithos: "Why should we trust you? You're part of the Scourge that drove us out in the first place!"
    Sylvanas Windrunner: "Not anymore. My only interest here is vengeance."
    Grand Marshal Garithos: "Very well. I'll rally what's left of my forces and meet you outside the gates."
    Oh. Then I stand corrected. Still, I don't think that any lesser promise could make him cooperate with the untermensch - he thought he was using the Forsaken, while in fact he was used himself. He demanded that she and undead Lordaeronians GTFO their land. Manipulating and disposing of him was only fair after what he's done to blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance will not reclaim Lordaeron and the Undercity, it's not even a question worth asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in this game. Maybe in a WC4.
    Character(s): Velestra || Guild(s): Untotenschutzverein - MM || Sig by Lorfine

If you mean trisfal glade, hillsbrad and silverpine no they never be reclaimed in game; wpl and epl are already under control of the argent crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I don't think they would open the Undercity back up after what they did at the Wrathgate. The Undead are trenched in and Blizzard wouldn't take away their capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Koltira wasn't a dissenter, he committed treason by disobeying orders during wartime. Any military organization would take disciplinary actions (not to the extent Sylvanas did).
    It was hardly treason. His mission was to secure Andorhal for the Horde, which he did, but because he didn't kill Thassarian, he was disciplined/tortured.

A lore quote from wowpedia: "Sylvanas will attempt to purge him of his compassion for Thassarian and make him more of a servant of the Horde - more specifically, a servant of Sylvanas and the Forsaken"

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Oh. Then I stand corrected. Still, I don't think that any lesser promise could make him cooperate with the untermensch - he thought he was using the Forsaken, while in fact he was used himself. He demanded that she and undead Lordaeronians GTFO their land. Manipulating and disposing of him was only fair after what he's done to blood elves.
    Garithos got what he deserved true, but Sylvanas couldn't care less about a promise she made, as long as she gets what she wants. That is the forsaken way, if they truly want something they will try to take it by any means necessary. Right and wrong doesn't matter to them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    It was hardly treason. His mission was to secure Andorhal for the Horde, which he did, but because he didn't kill Thassarian, he was disciplined/tortured.
    Koltira made a deal with Thassarian, which he shouldn't have, he himself is aware of the grave consequences this would have if Sylvanas learns of it, which is why he tells the player not to loose a word about what transpired between him and Thassarian, but Sylvanas finds out anyway.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-04-29 at 06:00 PM.

So, let's summarize:
    1) the forsaken, as former citizens of lordaeron are the rightful owners of the KINGDOM. But Lordaeron is also a continent (more precisely, a sub-continent)... Alliance, let's retake Stromgarde and Gilneas, rebuild it and put pressure on the Banshee Queen.
    2) there are game dynamics: it will be impossible in wow to see Lordaeron without the Undercity, a main horde hub.
    3) it is true there are some (who knows how many?) lordaeron citizens fled to Stormwind and Varian must repay his debt to the people of Lordaeron.
    4) Tirisfal is a plagued land. The alliance maybe doesn't need such a tainted region and honestly, a war could cost a lot more than what they could earn...

Here should be a challenge to the OP of this thread or anyone with a thread asking "why hasn't Blizzard done this yet?" or "Will they ever?..."
    Think about what you are asking, then find some of your own answers for it first. Post your "logic answers" with your questions.
    Additionally, regarding any other "why don't they do X?" Ask yourself, "am I a programmer?" "Do I know anything about code?"
    If you have failed to answer these questions, your thread should be deleted.

Ask yourself, where would the forsaken be relocated to? Then, post that with your question and ask for other thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah they ran away thus forsaking any claim they had to it while the bulk of the populace died and then came back from the dead. Those people then came back to their home after all that nasty scourge business. So they lived in Lordaeron and died for Lordaeron and now are undead in Lordaeron. Seems to me that is a better claim than some cowards who ran away. Certainly a better claim than some idiot with wacky hair and a slightly effeminate son. *snigger*
    By your logic the Orcs have no claim to Draenor/Outland. They cowardly ran away from the world they destroyed and stole someone elses'.

And stop with these logical fallicies. The Forsaken are led by a non-Lordaeron native (who is not elected - don't kid yourself, she seized power and keeps it via intimidation), and have a lot of non-Lordaeronians in their ranks. They murdered their friends, family and rulers in order to seize control and then twisted them to their side. They have as much legitimate claim to Lordaeron as the Mongols did to all the land they seized - that of conquerors.

Also, Arthas' sister has yet to be found. We don't know if she's alive, dead or undead. If she turned up and was alive, and wanted to reclaim Lordaeron for the living, would you accept that?

NO OF COURSE NOT! Because you only accept things that go in your favour, and ignore all counter arguments!

If the Forsaken lose to a counter-invasion from the Alliance, all claim to Lordaeron is lost. Deal with it, the only reason you keep it is because of game balance and the fact its so corrupted and plague-infested that no sane human would ever want to live there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    By your logic the Orcs have no claim to Draenor/Outland. They cowardly ran away from the world they destroyed and stole someone elses'.
    By my logic plenty of Orcs remained on Draenor even after the vile Draenei led the Burning Legion to them and got them corrupted. They never gave up their claim. Does make you wonder tho that all the Alliance bases there is fine but Orcs on Azeroth makes them evil invaders hmmm.

And stop with these logical fallicies. The Forsaken are led by a non-Lordaeron native (who is not elected - don't kid yourself, she seized power and keeps it via intimidation), and have a lot of non-Lordaeronians in their ranks. They murdered their friends, family and rulers in order to seize control and then twisted them to their side. They have as much legitimate claim to Lordaeron as the Mongols did to all the land they seized - that of conquerors.
    That "non-Lordaeron native" freed them from the Lick King and they made her their Queen. That is a simple fact. She then led them in the retaking of their rightful home. Even tho it was a human who killed them all and used them to 'murdered their friends, family and rulers in order to seize control and then twisted them to their side'. We can thank the Draenei for all that as well. Thanks to them leading the Burning Legion to Ner'zhul.

Also, Arthas' sister has yet to be found. We don't know if she's alive, dead or undead. If she turned up and was alive, and wanted to reclaim Lordaeron for the living, would you accept that?

NO OF COURSE NOT! Because you only accept things that go in your favour, and ignore all counter arguments!
    NO OF COURSE NOT! Because she is one of the aforementioned people that ran away. I can be magnanimous about it tho. If she comes back we can put it to a vote.

If the Forsaken lose to a counter-invasion from the Alliance, all claim to Lordaeron is lost. Deal with it, the only reason you keep it is because of game balance and the fact its so corrupted and plague-infested that no sane human would ever want to live there again.
    Counter-invasion from the Alliance? The counter-invasion already occurred when the Forsaken took back their home from the Scourge. It would be just an invasion by the Alliance. Let them come i say. We can use them to swell our armies and construct more abominations. Then, all can see this is the hour of the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in WoW. Too many balancing, phasing, leveling, and another boatload of issues.

Possibly in Warcraft 4 or WoW 2 (if either ever happens).
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA