Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We'll probably hear more about the new xpac, maybe a slight dip in subs, and maybe fingers crossed something about TITAN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Speculation about results is fine as long as it doesn't lead to people insulting one another simply because they disagree. Overt "WoW is dying" posts should be reported and will be managed as they come along.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Speculation about results is fine as long as it doesn't lead to people insulting one another simply because they disagree. Overt "WoW is dying" posts should be reported and will be managed as they come along.

Thank you. The thread had nothing to do with "wow is dying"

Deleted
    Probably a few 100k drop. Maybe in the region of 500. This expansion has been fairly unkind to altoholics and from my personal experience my realm has gotten quieter and quieter as this expansion has gone on; can't be the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Well I quit like 4 months ago I dont feel at all that I wanna play again and all my friends quit too so I say they lost shit loads!
    This might sound harsh, however, losing you and ALL your friends doesn't qualify as 'shit loads' unless of course you have 250k friends or more.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This might sound harsh, however, losing you and ALL your friends doesn't qualify as 'shit loads' unless of course you have 250k friends or more.
    I don't think he means that just his group of pals have the power to crash the game. More that when a large group of people are all quitting it's indicative of a bigger problem, and there will be others in the same position. As I posted, my own realm has gotten very quiet - the amount of raiding guilds has halved and most of them just stopped. Even my own guild which had about 15 active players in, have all quit due to our realm being un-playable now even though we love the game, it's just not worth paying for now with so many great F2P options. We aren't going to be the only guild that has had that happen.

Secretly I do hope they see a loss. While I think the quality and amount of content has been fantastic, their reluctance to fix ailing realm populations IS causing problems. Might be the kick up the arse they need to get on it. The mass exodus after Dragon Soul has certainly upped their content release rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What do you think the sub numbers will be?
    Higher than 0 and less than 12M. Any other statements would be pure speculation and irrelevant to the fun I am having with the game. Like I said, you have your stance and I have mine. Your concern is numbers, where my concern is additions and changes to a game which is still a ton of fun after 8.5 years and has more collective members than any other 5 MMOs combined.

So, with that, I will go back to the threads which discuss the game itself, and not it's market shares and status as a corporation.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-04-30 at 01:29 PM.

The game is down to a couple hundred players. People just weren't going to stick around when they could play a quality game like Star Wars: Old Republic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slight drop. Mid-to-late expansion lull and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stable sub numbers. If they'd been dropping, there would be some sort of uber-incentive offer to bring the numbers up before the call.

Deleted
    perhaps stable..I mean actually this Addon should see Subs increasing after all. Its way better Addon than Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Stable sub numbers. If they'd been dropping, there would be some sort of uber-incentive offer to bring the numbers up before the call.
    I'm fairly interested in seeing what the numbers looks like. The number of raiding guilds appear to be down across the board. Looking at my server alone, we had 67 guilds with a T14 kill and now 32 with a T15. Looking back at the end of Cata, we had 113 guilds with a T13 kill. From other reports those kind of trends are following most all the servers. Illidan for example showed 477 guilds with at least one T13 kill, 371 with a T14 kill and currently 208 with a T15 kill.

So if subs stays the same, does that mean more people are happy with LFR raiding. If the subs take a nose dive, is it because regular raiding is too hard or other reasons. Is it something they can fix or is it just expected. It almost seems like Blizzard has kinda taken accepted that they are probably going to lose subs no matter what and maybe that's why they have opted to crank of the raid difficulty and for the most part leave it as is.

I imagine a mini game at Blizz is to see how much they can control the bleeding of subs.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-30 at 02:33 PM.

Well they can't release the expansion in china to cover up for the huge losses this time, so i predict a 500,000 sub loss

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Slight drop. Mid-to-late expansion lull and all that.
    3-6 months into the expansion, with 2 content patches during the period is mid-to-late expansion lul? Please, now the one about the Little Red Riding Hood.

Deleted
    I would expect a drop.
    They did a realm merger in korea, so by that action I would expect that they know the trend at least in the east and are trying to get lost subs back or at least do something to stop the players from leaving.
    I would also expect a drop in the west, after the everything is shiny new period of MoP q4. I will expect that people have unsubscribed till the next content patch. Causing a drop in subs. I remember them stating that the on/off subscribing was a trend that had begun in WoW.

as for a number lets say 500k. Saying 1 mio is perhaps a bit much but I have a lingering feeling that we might end up that high.

I think there will be a mild drop 100-200k and any loss would bring a plethora of "WoW is dead!" cries from the masses. Overall I would consider MoP doing much better than cata was around this time plus as soon as hints are dropped for the next xpac people's interest will be perked again.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    the numbers will continue to drop till the end of the game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    why are you all expecting drop in sub number?
    Wasn't MoP better than Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    why are you all expecting drop in sub number?
    Wasn't MoP better than Cata?
    Yes, but it's still causing burnout without brining new players in, old game, it's expected.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh