Poll: In your opinion, what is the best expansion pack?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hard for me to vote.

TBC added my favourite race and class combo (BE Pally) and had a cool story, but WotLK had a great story and most of my favourite memories are from that expansion and the changes it made.

MOP really didn't feel like WoW to me really, it was kinda like 'what if your WoW toons moved to china!'

Bc or Wrath a little more Bc tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mist of Pandaria: PvE
    Cataclysm: Absolute shit.
    Wrath of the Lich king: Everything <3
    The Burning Crusade: Community, raid.

all of them sucked balls.

with that said, i voted tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post

How you make it pasted the start lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm is the only expansion I wasn't really fond of, although even then I had fun. BC, Wrath and Mists all are expansion I told in pretty high favour. If I had to pick just one, I'd probably pick Wrath, but it's really close.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post

How can you not like, WOTLK... It was the best expanion, in my opinion. =)

In terms of "Enjoyment" I thought about it and actually decided to vote for "Cataclysm." I know, what a shocker. Even though it felt like 'half an expansion' content wise (like there not being a new continent) It did introduce a lot of neat features and the "difficulty" at the start of the expansion of the dungeons were enjoyable to me and actually made me a better healer.

The current expansion, Mists of Pandaria, seems very strict and closed off in terms of the core gameplay of running instances and attaining gear. So far the most enjoyable feature of MoP has been Pet Battles. Which is unfortunate because I love running instances, particularly dungeons.

Can't wait for the next expansion though. Something tells me they're going all out... I hope. >.>

Personally I really enjoyed TBC, I had the most fun then in PvE and PvP. Arena was a blast and made a ton of friends through it all, that kind of stuff. I just kind of feel PvP has been getting more out of wack every expansion regardless, and yeah it definitely wasn't perfect in TBC but it was a ton of fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    MOP really didn't feel like WoW to me really, it was kinda like 'what if your WoW toons moved to china!'
    I thought that was going to be a nice change, I literally thought it seems like a 'different' game. Now though, I feel it isn't the best direction for them to have taken. One can only hope the next x-pac is the best they've ever implemented!

I think that MoP it´s the best expansion by far, even if the questing experience its worst than Cataclysm. It has all this:

- PANDAREN: best race ever done (which is normal, is the younger), with a lot of customization when it comes to character creation, with excellent animations. But more important than all this, a good and complete history totally new explaining us all about them (well, not all, but a lot of stuff).

- MONK: a new class is always fun, and I must say that I love healing with a monk.

- PANDARIA: a beautiful new continent, you can like or dislike the asian focused theme, but they did a great job, not only with the zones, but with the toons of new races, monsters and lore that live there and came up from nowhere (but I must say that Northrend it´s still the best).

- CONTENT: we had never have so many things to do and so little time between patches, and more important, the new content is really good, they have improved a lot, and I expect a few surprises on 5.4.

For me, theres no doubt that they´re doing and amazing job with MoP, it is the best expansion, but I enjoyed more WOTLK, because on that time I was on a nice guild with lots of friends, and that is the most important on this kind of game.

In second place I will say WOTLK, I totally love this expansion, I love everything related to The Plague, it introduces achievements...but in a way it was a little dissapointment, because I think that it has MUCH MUCH potential that what they did, make of Azjol Nerub just two instances...lorewise they could did so many good and amazing moments, but they wasted them. I´m pretty sure that WOTLK with the story telling of these days will kill any expansion.

I will put TBC on third place, but (and I know that you will make me bleed for this) pretty tight with Cataclysm. I never undestand why people love so mucha TBC, the best thing that it have was Blood Elves and Draeneis, the rest...meh, I never like so much Outland, since the first time that I saw the map I dislike it (the red zone, the blue zone, the green zone, the purple zone...) I know that is a destroyed planet but make the differents between zones so obvius, it just don´t make me feel like if I was on a real continent, like those on Azeroth. And more important than any other thing, what they did to Illidan, Kaelthas and Lady Vasj its unforgiveable, they wasted so much lore than on WOTLK, what seems impossible ¡¡

Cataclysm on the other hand have the best questing experience ever (at least for me), the revamp of Azeroth was very needed and they did a great job on it (but I think that they could do it much better, maybe on the next revamp) very good lore, but again, making of Grim Batol only a instance...but what really kills this expansion was that it didn´t have a new continent, just a few new zones scattered for Azeroth, and most of all, the awful patches that they did, the way that they elaborate the history of Deathwing was so, so, SO, SO, SO terrible, and the last raid was SO, SO, SO bad, that it converted it on the worst expansion of all time, and I think that most of you, like me, were pretty happy with it at the beggining, it was a pitty...
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2013-04-30 at 11:48 PM.

Taking the plunge again: As a PvE player who grew up with the game from the RTS series, Mists hands down right now as long as the last raid patch cycle doesn't suck the same as the last of Wrath. (If it's as bad as Cata, then major disappointment)

Wrath > BC > Mists > Cataclysm (fitting title)

All the people who voted for wotlk are looking at it through rose-tinted-glasses.

There I said it.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    tbc was my favorite, havent played any mop though.

Oh look, Wrath is winning! The easiest expac of all. How... quaint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yewturn View Post
    I feel that the WoW community should end the debate on "What is the best WoW expansion" by taking a poll to discover which expansion people enjoyed the most.
    dude use the search function this topic coes up like once a week

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    All the people who voted for wotlk are looking at it through rose-tinted-glasses.

There I said it.
    The irony! It's too good!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    lmfao-mop and wrath are headed of BC in voting.you people are crazy if you think those two x-pacs can compare to BC.wow has gone down hill "pvp and rading" since BC.i have said it a million times,BC was wows prime years.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    How can you not like, WOTLK... It was the best expanion, in my opinion. =)
    wrath is when blizz took a big old shit on pvp.