Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    just finished the story on normal for the first time and i my Donnel and Avatar where just to strong (both could kill everything in one attack except for grima ;X) didnt pay much attention to the whole inheritence system for the future children but i guess in my next playthrough i will try some new combinations ;P
    Well the game is way too easy on normal, I'm playing on hard and even then MyUnit did an instakill on both Aversa and Validar.

i just startet lunatic and already the first fight vs the bandits is rly hard ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Muh, Avatar onerounded Grima on Luantic with Rally Spectrum+Magic too. And the guy has all stats capped with 99 HP there. <_<

how is that even possible? ;X mine had 85 HP already and got all the + stats stuff i found and i still did only 13 dmg per cast with a A class spell ^^ well if i have had crits with both casts it would have been maybe enough but even then my companion would have needed to do some dmg too ;P but well just finished the first bandit fight on lunatic and it took my 16 turns ;X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Stats+ increases all stats by 4 points and Mag+ increases magic by 4 points, so thats 8 more damage. Then crafted weapons can increase the damage by another 5 points. Because of the double attack, it would now be 13 damage more per attack, so 26 additional damage. Now add to that MU was probably combined with some one, so you can add even more damage (if it was a unit with high Mag, maybe even +8 more Mag). Then maybe a Proc like Ignus and yeah - you get your nifty damage stuff.

My Chrom procced Aether and nearly onerounded Grima, but he wasn't capped or anything. Tharja had to do the rest then. xD

I'm finding I'm having more fun getting the support levels up to get the various dialogues and I'm only up to chapter 16

Deleted
    So i finally did the last chapter. Got my Nowi with +2 stats and MU support. Last boss couldnt even scratch her unless he got an ignis proc...
    Ending was touching, and for the final choice, my answer was "no" (this shouldnt be much of a spoiler if theres someone who hasnt finished since you dont know what the "no" is for). The whole battle and everything was very touching, the music was nice together with it and the final part after the battle was touching aswell. Overall i liked it, a lot. Mightve overdone it with donnel taking care of all the bottom spawners and morgan running around as swordmaster with capped stats and galeforce, but oh well.
    So according to hubba tester, Olivia and Nah are madly in love, now wheres my yuri marriages Nintendo?!

Also, wouldnt MU and Morgan be the potentially most scary units to meet in streetpass? Imagine MU with capped stats, perhaps being an assassin or Sage/Sorcerer. Add Counter with his 80 health, Lethality, Miracle, Sol/Astra and some other neat skill. Now imagine this on a Morgan(M) who also is the son of Chrom for some Aether. Heck, i think Jaffar could come close to that too considering he has galeforce which usually is female only. Think he can reclass to most things if i remember correctly. Still, counter + miracle is something that is annoying. Might even add in renewal or lifetaker making it a huge pain if you cant bring the unit down in one round.

Deleted
    Counter can be, well, countered by just using a ranged weapon.

That, and even capped units are kinda weak in StreetPass battles, seeing as paired up units on the player's side will usually make up for any deficiencies.

And yeah, as for Grima, I got a bit lucky with Ignis procs, but I went with this: Avatar paired up with Grandmaster Owain (7 Magic boost I think) together with Rally Spectrum and Magic (8 Magic), maxed out Might on Celica's Gale, enough speed to hit Grima four times (Owain naturally joining in). A few Ignis and dual attacks later and winrar.

Oh Armsthrift with 51 Luck. How I love thee.
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-05-09 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Screw countering counter, i'll just make him a high move unit and give him boots. Problem solved! They cant reach him in the first round so they have to bait and hope for the best!
    Jokes aside, yeah, i guess that is quite the weakness of counter. Still, having galeforce and lifetaker would probably make it a hell for many. The streetpass teams should be allowed to pair up too...

On another note, im quite glad they made the AI a bit smarter in Awakening. I still remember how you could just unequip your tankiest unit in Radiant Dawn, and they'd all attack him, despite doing 0 damage, because, hey, he cant fight back.

Guess im going to work on my support conversations now, kids especially. Bringing them all up to S, but not going for S, so i can get all marriage conversations in one swoop (because coincidentally, none of my male kids have any sister).

Deleted
    I've been working on support conversations as well, taking a while. <_< Just boosting people through the easy DLC maps for support points, zzzz.

They're golden though. That and the Harvest Scramble ones, especially Gerome and Inigo, ohohohoho!

Deleted
    For supports, I think my favourite ones are those with Henry. Severa and Owain A is also the best thing ever.

Just finished the game for the first time. That ending! Feels/chills all over the place, awesome story telling is awesome.
    >Endgame spoilersAt the end I thought "did MyUnit just go back in time and lose his Grima mark?" But then Chrom said "Welcome back", instant feels. Grima kinda did get stomped though, had Lucina with Tyrfing do an Aether Critical on him, 60 damage, bam. Loved all the conversations you get in the Final Chapter. Made me realise how alike Severa is to Lon'qu lol. Lon'qu to Cordelia: "If you die on me... I'll kill you!". And Severa to MU: "If you dare die now, you'll face my WRATH!".
    Overall I'll give this game a 13 out of 10. [Although the Wind spells dissapointed me with their looks, but Superior Jolt/Katarina's Bolt/Thoron made up for it.]
    Now to start my next playthrough... Lunatic with Japanese voices or Hard + DLC only run first? Hmm....
    Choices choices!

Deleted
    Do both?

Though admittedly, just three saves makes life iffy in case you're stupid like me and accidentally save over files.

Deleted
    Combine them. Lunatic + DLC only. Is what i'd do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Combine them. Lunatic + DLC only. Is what i'd do.
    You do realise I'll have like 5 units to use in chapter 5 and I'd die horribly, right? :P
    Unless I farm the crap out of DLC, but where's the fun in that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    You do realise I'll have like 5 units to use in chapter 5 and I'd die horribly, right? :P
    Unless I farm the crap out of DLC, but where's the fun in that?
    Part of the fun, dont be a weakling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Severa is going to get Galeforce now and Morgan is now a Hero.

Sometimes you find these Rift Doors (or what their english name is, the item to spawn shops on the world map). Do you know the locations for the stat+ items?
    I know in C25 you get Goddes Idol, Secret Book and the Weapon thingy that boosts weapon ranks. In C24 you get Secret Book, Angel's Robe and Speed wing (or... whatever in english xD). I am mostly interested in the other though, to boost Res, Mag and Str on units who have weak growths (Severa needs Mag for example to max it out someday).

Deleted
    Chapter 24 and 25 (Mount Prism and Origin Peak) and all extra Side Stories through Spotpass have a guarantee of selling three random stat boosters, Hammerne (Repair) staves or Arms Scrolls. So Rift Doors should be used there if you want stat boosters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are that statboosters really random? I am sure I always got the same items at C25 and C24 when I used a Rift Door there (which was 2 or 3 times at both places).

Deleted
    Fire Emblem: Awakening is my first Fire Emblem game and holy crap it is good. One of the best games if not the best this year.

Beat the game on hard+classic without losing heroes. Didn't have much knowledge of the inheritance and such so I ended up having completely carbage team at the end. Replayed on hard+newcomer focusing more on getting Galeforces and stuff to the 2nd generation - which made the end game too easy.

Currently stuck on lunatic+classic on chapter 5 which I just can't do without losing someone. Frederick is level 9 paired with level 3 Chrom. My MU is level 6.

Is there another FE game similar to Awakening you could recommend? I tried playing Path of Radiance shortly but at least the couple of first maps didn't have quite the same epic feeling I got from Awakening.

Deleted
    Are that statboosters really random? I am sure I always got the same items at C25 and C24 when I used a Rift Door there (which was 2 or 3 times at both places).
    They have been for me. Sometimes I get a Hammerne Staff with 2 stat boosters, sometimes it's 3 stat boosters, sometimes it's Hammerne Staff, Arms Scroll and only a single stat booster. I'll admit I've gotten stupid amounts of Secret Books though. Talismans would be nice, though. Most of my units have atrocious Resistance. <_<

As for similar Fire Emblem games, it's hard to say. Awakening was designed to be an all-stars game, including a lot of popular features from older Fire Emblem games. Obviously, problem is that none of the games up until now have all of them. Marriage and inheritance was picked up from Fire Emblem 4 (Genealogy of the Holy War/Seisen no Keifu), skills from various Fire Emblems (4, 5, 9, 10), reclassing from Fire Emblem 11 & 12 (Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem), traversable world map from Fire Emblem 2 & 8 (Gaiden and Sacred Stones) and finally, support conversations have more or less been mainstays since Fire Emblem 6.

But for epic feels that early into the game? Gee, I don't know. Fire Emblem 4 has absolutely gigantic maps and as such, so you're conquering castles and kingdoms from the Prologue rather than defending yourself against some boring bandits until it escalates.
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-05-10 at 01:58 PM.