Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all due respect, I really dislike these ideas.

It seems to me they are just being put there for the sake of the "rule of cool": if it's cool, they should add it! In my opinion, this is not good for the game.

-Arakkoa for the Alliance, really? This makes as much sense as making Hogger the king of Stormwind. Just no. Ogres should have been in the game since launch, though. They are a great addition to the Horde.

-Fire magic for DK's? Please. DK's deal with frost and unholy powers, not fire. This idea is as dumb as those suggestions to make a new spec for healing for DK's. Yuck.

In general, the ideas are weak, unoriginal or the dev's have already said they won't be adding them for diverse reasons. Just because some idea is cool does not mean it should be added, either because of lore, game mechanics, or because of developer time/resources.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post

It seems to me they are just being put there for the sake of the "rule of cool": if it's cool, they should add it! In my opinion, this is not good for the game.

-Arakkoa for the Alliance, really? This makes as much sense as making Hogger the king of Stormwind. Just no. Ogres should have been in the game since launch, though. They are a great addition to the Horde.
    Arakkoa for the Alliance makes as much sense as having the Ogres join the Horde. We have pockets of Arakkoa worshiping the Naaru, and overall Alliance has friendlier ties with the Arakkoa than Horde.

in-case the next expansion will be a revamped outland and the burning legion invasion, Alliance-affiliated Arakkoas make perfect sense as they need to join one of the two major factions and fight for their survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Fire magic for DK's? Please. DK's deal with frost and unholy powers, not fire. This idea is as dumb as those suggestions to make a new spec for healing for DK's. Yuck.
    You get that it's because Bolvar is the new Lich King and he's all fiery, yes? Makes sense within the framework of the setting.

DK t17 sketch

Carapace of the Iron Gargoyle

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 01:15 PM ----------

It's no problem, but I promise you I put more thought into it than that. Coolness was a factor though.

Arakkoa actually makes the most sense from all of the existing bipedal races left. Besides, we've seen it time and time again with a small faction of a larger race that becomes friendly - Trolls/Goblins.

It's a matter of taste really. DKs in their current form only deal with those things, but the 4th spec is supposed to be an expansion of the class. A mage-knight based in fire magic could fit really way and play similar to frost. I guess my description wasn't really clear, my fault I only hinted at the lore reasoning. They get it from Bolvar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    You get that it's because Bolvar is the new Lich King and he's all fiery, yes? Makes sense within the framework of the setting.
    Just because he was scorched by dragons, he suddenly has mastery over fire? Just because his eyes were yellowish/orange when he put on the Helm of Domination does not make him have power over fire magic, either. In fact, except a few dragons like Krasus, they don't use fire magic.

I'd like to know where you all got this idea that he uses fire magic now.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.

Deleted

Underworld expansion! Exploring all the grim spookiness of Azeroth's underdark.

Entirely too much information can be read here.

New idea for leveling.

New specs for all.

I never planned out new classes or races, but I guess Vrykul would make a suitable neutral race for a return to Northrend.

Or maybe Mole People for Alliance

Bat People for Horde

I can usually appreciate all ideas for future xpacs from everyone (except for playable Nagas and Azshara being major antagonist)
    But this would only happen if Blizzard were at its most desperate.
    The last thing we need is another random animal-human hybrid, I could only accept pandas because they are lorebound.
    But mole people, friggin' really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Arakkoa actually makes the most sense from all of the existing bipedal races left. Besides, we've seen it time and time again with a small faction of a larger race that becomes friendly - Trolls/Goblins.
    What? Really, what? Ogres have been part of the Horde since Warcraft 2, and many ogre tribes are scattered all over Azeroth after the Horde's defeat in Warcraft 2. Furthermore, Rexxar is half-ogre and part of the New Horde, so why wouldn't it make sense for the Horde to have ogres? Ogres have much more developed lore and depth than Arakkoa. Please...

It's a matter of taste really. DKs in their current form only deal with those things, but the 4th spec is supposed to be an expansion of the class. A mage-knight based in fire magic could fit really way and play similar to frost. I guess my description wasn't really clear, my fault I only hinted at the lore reasoning. They get it from Bolvar.
    Refer to my post above.

That's the whole point of speculating about the next expansion. You build off the current lore to see what could potentially happen in the future. I made up the whole fire thing based on that Bolvar is the new lich king. If you don't like the idea, that's cool, this is all just for fun man!

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 01:39 PM ----------

What? Really, what? Ogres have been part of the Horde since Warcraft 2, and many ogre tribes are scattered all over Azeroth after the Horde's defeat in Warcraft 2. Furthermore, Rexxar is half-ogre and part of the New Horde, so why wouldn't it make sense for the Horde to have ogres? Ogres have much more developed lore and depth than Arakkoa. Please...

I'm the OP. I said Ogres for Horde, Arakkoa for Alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the whole point of speculating about the next expansion. You build off the current lore to see what could potentially happen in the future. I made up the whole fire thing based on that Bolvar is the new lich king. If you don't like the idea, that's cool, this is all just for fun man!

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 01:39 PM ----------

I'm the OP. I said Ogres for Horde, Arakkoa for Alliance?

Derp. Sorry. Had a brainfart. I withdraw what I said.

Deleted
    Very nice idea and concepts!

Some quick sketches of how I think they could evolve the arakkoa models to make them playable. Female on left, male on right. They totally need to keep the twichy arm, that's one of my favorite things about the race.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know whos drawing these images but whoevers doing them needs to apply for a job at blizzard because they are amazing
    Thanks man!
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-05-27 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because he was scorched by dragons, he suddenly has mastery over fire?
    Yes.

Plus it was all, like, tinged with necromancy and so forth. Unholy fire. Hellfire, even.

Just because his eyes were yellowish/orange when he put on the Helm of Domination does not make him have power over fire magic, either.
    Why not? Arthas Lich King had blue eyes/crown and had power over ice, which was blue. Therefore, Bolvar Lich King's fiery eyes means power over fire. QED.

He's all made of living scorched death, with fire that doesn't burn out. Some kind of magic going on there. I don't know, I'm not a magic doctor.

But they could make lore that said basically that Bolvar's noble soul, having been immersed in tremendous amounts of dark magic, has essentially burst into flame, igniting in the presence of such great evil. Combined with his undead state, it creates a magical flame fueled by his eternal undying soul - something between the holy flame of paladins and the unholy power of necromancy and darkness.

As all death knights are, in some way, connected to the Lich King, some of them with the right mindset begin to adopt this new source of power as their own - their own souls ignite in sympathetic response, granting them new fire-based abilities. Righteous rage burns most mercilessly...

Anyway, if I had to write lore for flame death knights, it'd be something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    But mole people, friggin' really?
    Well, they're running out of animals to make into people. I bet they'll get to moles eventually. Whenever they try original races, people just go 'space goats el-oh-el.'

Though the mogu were pretty great, but even they are kind've based on those lion-dog statues.

edit - @ro9ue - awesome arakkoa designs. Love the cockatiel-like crest on the arakkoa lady. I could definitely get into the idea of bird people.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-05-27 at 06:15 PM.

Yes.

Plus it was all, like, tinged with necromancy and so forth. Unholy fire. Hellfire, even.

Why not? Arthas Lich King had blue eyes/crown and had power over ice, which was blue. Therefore, Bolvar Lich King's fiery eyes means power over fire. QED. He's all made of living scorched death, with fire that doesn't burn out. Some kind of magic going on there. I don't know, I'm not a magic doctor.

But if there were to arise lore that said basically that Bolvar's noble soul, having been immersed in tremendous amounts of dark magic, has essentially burst into flame, igniting in the presence of such great evil. Combined with his undead state, it creates a magical flame fueled by his eternal undying soul - something between the holy flame of paladins and the unholy power of necromancy and darkness.

As all death knights are, in some way, connected to the Lich King, some of them with the right mindset begin to adopt this new source of power as their own - their own souls ignite in sympathetic response, granting them new fire-based abilities. Righteous rage burns most mercilessly...

Anyway, if I had to write lore for flame death knights, it'd be something like that.
    You said it way better than me, thanks Golden. BTW your amazing Spider Kingdom thread is what made me make this one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I can't draw worth a shit...but I can tell you one thing for sure:

Some of the Chinese population will start playing again, then dump the game (just like every xpac so far), and then the bunch on mmochamp will cry "the sky is falling the sky is falling, wow is dying! wow is dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111(one)"
    Hope that paints a picture you can all understand

OT: burning legion all the way.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's all made of living scorched death, with fire that doesn't burn out. Some kind of magic going on there. I don't know, I'm not a magic doctor.

But they could make lore that said basically that Bolvar's noble soul, having been immersed in tremendous amounts of dark magic, has essentially burst into flame, igniting in the presence of such great evil. Combined with his undead state, it creates a magical flame fueled by his eternal undying soul - something between the holy flame of paladins and the unholy power of necromancy and darkness.

Horrible. That would change the feel, the appeal, the lure and flavor of the Death Knights, in both lore and gameplay. I play a Death Knight because of the lore and the awesome feeling of stealing souls, shattering enemies with ice and blasting their faces off with bolts of sheer unholy energy. I didn't sign up to have a melee fire mage.

I still think this whole "FIERY DK'S, YAY!" pops because of the rule of cool I explained before. But as we all know, we will probably get playable murlocs too, since Blizzard will just twist and retcon lore to make them playable, catering even more to this rule of cool.

Personally, I'd love to see an expansion that's a bit more sinister (like D2/D3) than Pokemon (like MoP).....

About to go catch up on the last two episodes of game of thrones. Here's the warrior T17 inspired by the GoT Iron Throne.

Warrior T17
    Decree of Broken Heroes

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 2 expansions left - (90-95, 95-100)

Next Expansion #5 - Revenge of The Burning Legion

Begining with the destruction of Darnassus, and the re-corruption of orcs(not sure which clan), the Burning Legion places its mark on Azeroth forever. As we frantically set up defences against this demonic invasion, the Dranei have discovered a portal to Xoroth from ancient Azhara. A few brave heroes take the portal alongside various Legion oriented factions. In the demon infested planet of Xoroth, players see remnants of the Titans there as well, but warped and ancient beyong belief. The Twisting Nether, and the Emerald Dream are explained as players discover what the Old Gods are, a secret that Sargeras himself knew, which eventually corrupted him.

Patch 6.0 - Destruction of Darnassus, exodus of the elves , rise of the a corrupted orc legion

Patch 6.1 - Azhara's return unto land alongside corrupted Naga (Old God Influence?!?!)

Patch 6.2 - Xoroth discovered, landing party formed

Patch 6.3 - The Twisting Nether corrupting The Emerald Dream,players will face battles to free the dream from the demonic infiltration in Azeroth as well as Xoroth

Patch 6.4 - The curse of the flesh revealed.

(no new races, Demon Hunter class)

Xoroth

Final Expansion #6 - Fall of The Titans

As the burning legion was defeated by the invading forces in Xoroth, an ancient beacon was activated, and beyond the "great beyond", the Pantheon awakens from its slumber. Amanthu'l proclaims this act by the Azerothians as disturbing the balance of the Universe, and declares a cleansing of the corruption that is Azeroth. Players will protect their realm from utter destruction by the titans by learning new paths of power. The Path of The Titans and The Path of The Old Gods will encorporate epic/legendary skills and objects to prepare the player for the final war.

Patch 7.0 - Aggramar arrives in Azeroth, all former Titan complexes are activated. "Titan Re-allignment" begins!

Patch 7.1 - Factions battle to claim the activated Titan complexes, as well as attempting to stop Aggramar from completing his mission.

Patch 7.2 - Unspecified Old God corrupts a newly activated Titan Complex near Tirrisfal Glades causing havoc across the world. Players discover "Uldukas"(made up) as they attempt to destroy the old god, before the corruption infects all of Azeroth.

Patch 7.3 - The return of the titans. All of azeroth trembles. The Titans wreak havoc as they try to reverse the curse of the flesh and the corrupting influence in the Universe. Players will attempt to stop/slow them down, while gaining knowledge and experience from each encounter with the Titans.

Patch 7.4 - Aman'Thul's Revelations

Path of The Titans and Path of The Old Gods available to players

Cool list. I don't think there will be a 'final' expansion though. I always point to EverQuest 1. It's like 20 expansions in at this point and it never even cleared 1 million subs. WoW is much larger, I think we can expect to see it around for a very long time.