Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Paying AAA price to then have to sub and occasionally buy something in the shop is out of the question for me though, that's just to much greed in one place.
    Whoa whoa whoa.
    Optional subscription. Patron status from Rift.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 01:53 AM ----------

Which is why I said 'lets hope not' to your suggestion.
    Also, I was saying what I think they might do. Not what they should do.
    If I were to get what I want, it would be a carbon copy of Rifts model.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa.
    Optional subscription. Patron status from Rift.
    I see what you're saying, the issue I see is that the subscription and shop won't go hand in hand and as such you would have to subscribe and spend in the shop to have full access. Something I think a subscription should cover in the first place, especially if you payed full AAA box price to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Also, I was saying what I think they might do. Not what they should do.
    If I were to get what I want, it would be a carbon copy of Rifts model.
    Fair enough.

Edit: Anyway I'm off to catch up on some TV series before bed, peace out.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-06-05 at 02:00 AM.

I see what you're saying, the issue I see is that the subscription and shop won't go hand in hand and as such you would have to subscribe and spend in the shop to have full access. Something I think a subscription should cover in the first place, especially if you payed full AAA box price to start with.
    I just realized something,
    Paying AAA price to then have to sub and occasionally buy something in the shop is out of the question for me though, that's just to much greed in one place.
    ^ That's WoW.

Was that intentional? lol
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Can we get back to discussing wildstar and not flaming each other?

Lol, I've woken up last few days to see like 4-5 new pages of talking about LFD or other arguments

Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    Lol, I've woken up last few days to see like 4-5 new pages of talking about LFD or other arguments
    That being said: possible stress tests or invites tomorrow. Have heard both around teh webz. Not certain, but check your emails diligently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    I bet it will start off again by a new user posting ' i love this game and i think it looked great. Whats the payment model of this game? i prefer it F2P as to subs because i hate subs model like donkey's piss etc etc".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    That being said: possible stress tests or invites tomorrow. Have heard both around teh webz. Not certain, but check your emails diligently.
    I think it's for the previous stress test ppl that unable to login for the previously test that ended up early from expected.
    Who knows? /shrug

I'm hoping Wildstar has a lot of areas where npc mobs/groups of different affiliations fight, I might've mentioned this before but I like when Dev's make it clear enemies aren't all part of one big happy family.

Plus it's always fun to take advantage of two feuding groups to anihilate them both...
    Twas brillig

I haven't gotten and e-mail, but hopefully at some point.

Tho i'm not sure if it was this game or Elder Scrolls online, but at least one of them said there will be an open beta at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I haven't gotten and e-mail, but hopefully at some point.

Tho i'm not sure if it was this game or Elder Scrolls online, but at least one of them said there will be an open beta at some point.
    There will most likely be open beta's for both. I can't think of a single major MMO that launched in the past 5 years that didn't have an open beta before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There will most likely be open beta's for both. I can't think of a single major MMO that launched in the past 5 years that didn't have an open beta before launch.
    I believe Gw2 didn't. Well it kinda was. If you pre-ordered the game you got into the beta, or you go get a beta key from a 3rd party and sometimes random giveaways. There were like 3 weekends you could play the game i believe. Would that count as an open beta? sounds like a restricted beta.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I believe Gw2 didn't. Well it kinda was. If you pre-ordered the game you got into the beta, or you go get a beta key from a 3rd party and sometimes random giveaways. There were like 3 weekends you could play the game i believe. Would that count as an open beta? sounds like a restricted beta.
    Ah, they didn't have a true open beta IIRC, so right you are! Though they did give out a nearly unlimited number of keys for the final beta weekend so it was sorta close.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There may be a stress test today/tonight (depending on your timezone), you may have got an invite to it Monday/Tuesday, if you were in the first one but didn't get to take part as due to the rapid completion of the test you may find you've been prioritized for re-invite.

For NDA reasons it would not be prudent to use another word in place of "may".
    This one girl...

Just signed myself up for the beta of this after watching the video on ign, this game looks like great fun!

cheers!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v6Max View Post
    For NDA reasons it would not be prudent to use another word in place of "may".
    It would be even safer to say that anyone who may or may not be a part of the intial wave of stress tests, it may or may not be in your interest to check your E-mail and spam folders. Even if the original e-mail went directly to your inbox, additional E-mails may still be flagged for spam. Just a sound bit of general advice for all your gaming needs.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for Wildstar Wednesday peeps! Another lore info again?

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Time for Wildstar Wednesday peeps! Another lore info again?
    I hope it's a preview of what's to come for the E3 info.

Debating mordesh, medic, scientists. However in the sound files she talked to a medic and wished she could heal the contagion... so maybe mordesh can't be medics...

10+ Year Old Account
    @SirRobin

You are usually the first to link the W* Wednesday info. Please do not keep us wanting for too long!!!