Poll: Do you think Bliz will actually nerf KJC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    My issue is that Affliction's instant casts cannot simply be used on a whim, due to DoT snapshotting mechanics. You'll often end up doing more dps by running and doing nothing.
    Dots always snapshotted, nothing new here. Besides, life tap. In any case, more movement is about anticipation than reaction, meaning clipping will only rarely be an issue, and when it is, use the active.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-06-12 at 04:45 PM.

You guys should be worried if they will nerf uvls for demo, thats an even bigger hit imo. I honestly don't see an a big deal with this nerf. We already do a decent amount of damage without it. On most most heavy movement fights we could just stick with demo now durning progress.
    Last edited by Cocobutters; 2013-06-12 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Dots always snapshotted, nothing new here. Besides, life tap.
    Yes, but they balanced affliction around MALEFIC GRASP damage now. It used to be DOT damage. Movement was never awful for a dot class until they decided to make a filler channel increase the dot damage, so they nerfed the dot damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the less reason for me to pick up my lock if they let this go live.

They can nerf it, but not now, not mid expansion. That goes against everything they have said about making us relearn a class in the middle of an expansion. If they absolutely have to make an example of warlocks to casters by crucifying KJC they should wait until next exp. (considering that virtually every caster has some decent form of dmg moblity, hunters and shams are pretty much full cast move with no downside)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    They can nerf it, but not now, not mid expansion. That goes against everything they have said about making us relearn a class in the middle of an expansion. If they absolutely have to make an example of warlocks to casters by crucifying KJC they should wait until next exp. (considering that virtually every caster has some decent form of dmg moblity, hunters and shams are pretty much full cast move with no downside)
    How is it relearning a whole new class just by stripping away movement while casting?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    How is it relearning a whole new class just by stripping away movement while casting?
    You serious? We use it for pvp in arenas, bgs, world, in scenarios and dungeons, soloing old content, brawlers guild ect list goes on. Warlocks that use it have adapted it to every form of play in this game and become accustomed to casting on the move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that even a genuine question?

Warlocks are too strong at the moment but this certainly is not the way to solve it.

Affliction will be left casting nothing during movement since we can't afford to fel flame or cast our instant dots because it will over-write dots. However if they buff other spells to compensate it means higher damage on low movement fights which is not something we need either. Consider Durumu what exactly will an afflock cast when he has to stand in the beam and move but also needs decent output on the adds?

It also destroys destro's damage too, another hard casting spec.

Then you have to consider the pvp effects. How on earth will affliction or destro effectively play or do anything in pvp??? They will basically be locked in place most of the time.

Just a bad bad change. I can't even believe a dev thought this was somehow a good idea.

If they want to nurf our dps while moving then remove the movement speed debuff and change it to a flat % damage nurf while moving. For example "KJC = you can now cast while moving but outgoing damage while moving is reduced by 15%" (or whatever % is needed to bring us into line). A flat % reduction is better than it affecting haste etc because that changes stat priorities depending on how much movement a fight has.

I think though that the current PTR change won't go through. Once the dev's see the impact this ill-thought change has they'll think of something else.

You guys should be worried if they will nerf uvls for demo, thats an even bigger hit imo. I honestly don't see an a big deal with this nerf. We already do a decent amount of damage without it. On most most heavy movement fights we could just stick with demo now durning progress.
    I hope they do. I think it's beyond annoying to have a spec entirely dependent on one trinket.

This is going to be rough. I'm so used to being able to move around whenever I wanted without cancelling casts I do agree that this tier of talents really needed to be balanced since KJC was the best by far, but I'd rather they improved the other two talents instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I honestly dont see UVLS as BIS with the demo set bonuses ( buffing pet damage means you will use supremacy/service, not sac ( which greatly reduces the effectiveness of UVLS in and of itself ), and the fact that imps are considered guardians and will not benefit from such a set bonus ). UVLS however will likely be BIS for affliction with the t16 2pc set bonus.

Its not about how damage being "decent without it". As affliction, our damage is NOT decent without it, in fact its quite pitiful. Demo and destro have ways around it ( conflags, and fel flame being nearly as effective as an incinerate for destro, and touch of chaos / hand of gul'dan as demo ). Affliction will literally be a dead spec if this change makes it live, without a doubt. Not to mention the fact that the only viable talent choice is now Archimondes Vengeance which we all know is a complete joke by the fact that literally no body has used it in PVE since beta.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2013-06-12 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    edit: just found out it's 15 seconds with 1.5m cd. I think that's alittle too short
    Spiritwalker's Grace is a 2min cd and lasts 15sec.

You serious? We use it for pvp in arenas, bgs, world, in scenarios and dungeons, soloing old content, brawlers guild ect list goes on. Warlocks that use it have adapted it to every form of play in this game and become accustomed to casting on the move.
    I use it all the time too, we can adapt to not using it just as well as we adapted to using it.

I use it all the time too, we can adapt to not using it just as well as we adapted to using it.
    Yes we can, next expanison. not this one

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Spiritwalker's Grace is a 2min cd and lasts 15sec.
    Spiritwalkers Grace is also a base ability (not a lv 90 talent) on top of the shaman filler already being castable on the move, baseline

Quote Originally Posted by elucidate View Post
    Don't be ignorant.

It still doesn't give blizzard the right to make such a drastic change mid way through an expansion. This isn't the time for it! GC himself stated that the days of "turret casting" would be a thing of the past. Times change, get use to it.

Affliction and destruction are built around KJC. If these changes go live then you can say goodbye to having three viable specs.
    Ofc they have the right to it it´s their game they can do what they want as long as they think it should be like that. and i don´t understand whats the problem with PVE (PvP sucks i admit) locks you still have your single port and your portal put them down so you can minimize your movement time. still dont like this whole cast while moving thing if you want to play a ranged well stand and cast. i still hope they remove it next expansion

Yes we can, next expanison. not this one
    This is exactly why it shouldn't be nerfed right now.

I do agree that KJC is really strong at the current state and it could use a nerf, but such a radical change is something that should be done on an expansion patch, not in the middle of one. It's a lot to readapt.

@UVLS: I honestly like the idea behind it (even though I get jewed on procs sometimes) and I feel like it's going to be viable even considering t16 2p, depending on how last tier's trinkets look like.

They should probably make filler spells castable on move for all caster specs like Elemental Shammies have with Lightning Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    Spiritwalkers Grace is also a base ability (not a lv 90 talent) on top of the shaman filler already being castable on the move, baseline
    All rogue lvl 90 talents are things ret pallys get baseline and the rogue versions are worse. You are not the only ones to get crap talents.

That said fulltime casting while moving on everything was a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then just apply a damage nerf to it, making it become some stupid little CD is unnecessary.