Deleted
    I remeber a PUG for SSC once in TBC, it was fun. Kara/Grull were constant. And pugs were constant in Wotlk.

Ever since LFR nobody pugs in chat anymore because its easier to click a button. And I don't know about other servers, but on my server raiding guild are dying out. We used to have a very good raiding guild I think they were like top500 world, or even better. But they quit at the end of Cata. Right now #1 guild on my server is a guild who used to be #40 during TBC. The majority of guilds quit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    anaxie, your sig states your ilevel is 548. My best toon is ilevel 521 - that's primarily shado-pan valor gear and the remaining 502s from LFR. I still have 2 weeks to go to fully upgrade the items, which should put me at 524. You. You are not casual, regardless of what you might think.

If you're doing normal and heroic raiding - which your ilevel suggests - you aren't casual, and you're pissing off those of us who are. Please stop.
    It's a thing that people who are both accomplished and insecure do to minimize and belittle the abilities of others.

"I don't know why people have problems with doing what I'm so good at. I hardly ever work at it and it's so easy for me."

It's all yours brother. I agree with your post btw. Hardcores have it so good they don't know but since they don't have the entire pie well their some victimized minority.
    Done. Fucking done. Impossible to make any sort of argument with people this blind. HCs have it so good right? That's why they're the ones clearing end game content with 0 effort. LOL

Literally impossible to have an argument.. IDK if they're stupid, slow, or just trolling. But it seems some concepts are just outside of their comprehension, literally.

We get it, you like LFR, it's fun to you(that should be sign #1 that it's not right). When you kill someone like Deathwing with 0 effort, it defeats the entire essence of that character. No matter what difficulty you choose to do it on.

Like I said, WoW has gone from a classy date to a cheap hooker. Giving it out whenever you want it.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2013-07-05 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    How about we just get our normals back? Tuned sane. That's been the problem of this expansion for every tier so far. Normal is tuned wrong and flex is being added to try to address that. For myself, I am not going to do it, I just want the normal content we use to get back.
    No because THERE NEEDS TO BE A LADDER SYSTEM. Normals are fine as is as a stepping stone. The issue is the LFR to Normal jump. It's rediculous and the bar for LFR needs to be raised. Flex has got to be this solution. I'm a little more concerned what LFR players are going to do when all the REAL raidiers normal and heroic take their freetime and alternative gearing methods to flex raiding instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought you were done and looking for another MMO like eight pages ago, Brandon.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Done. Fucking done. Impossible to make any sort of argument with people this blind. HCs have it so good right? That's why they're the ones clearing end game content with 0 effort. LOL

Literally impossible to have an argument.. IDK if they're stupid, slow, or just trolling. But it seems some concepts are just outside of their comprehension, literally.
    It's impossible because your view is so narrow minded you can't see beyond your nose. it's good your done, you didn't have a leg to stand on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    There is no hate. Topic is: Why doesn't people want to learn instead of wanting to learn? Would you receive welfare IRL or work a good job?
    Not really a comparison. A game is for fun, getting rewards is fun. If i'm getting money handed to me and i'm still able to do my own thing and have fun, then of course i'd take welfare. That is of course if it was the same pay as a job.

Personally i believe they should remove loot from LFR, or make it 463 ilvl stuff. That way they have another way of gearing, you can choose heroics or LFR. then you go do MSV normal, HOF normal, TES normal to get gear to do TOT normal, so on, so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    No because THERE NEEDS TO BE A LADDER SYSTEM. Normals are fine as is as a stepping stone. The issue is the LFR to Normal jump. It's rediculous and the bar for LFR needs to be raised. Flex has got to be this solution. I'm a little more concerned what LFR players are going to do when all the REAL raidiers normal and heroic take their freetime and alternative gearing methods to flex raiding instead.
    I plan to enjoy LFR, myself, but apparently that's crazytalk here.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    *sigh* no it doesn't. It doesn't hurt GOOD players, it only hurts players who can't find people to play with naturally, who relied on forcing others to play with them. I see pugs forming daily, I can show you screenshots FFS, so when you tell me it doesn't happen, the only thing I read is that it doesn't happen WITH YOU. Which tells me a lot about what kind of person you are.
    Ok, lets assume you laughable theory that has no ground to stand on is correct and that i'm a terribly evil person that everyone hates, the thing is that i have quite a few alts, that quite frankly nobody has ever heard of and couldn't really have a clue who's behind it. Thats usually the characters i try to pug on. Its still not happening, got any more hilarious explaination for this?

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    No, you are turning what is someone organising and creating accessibility to players into extreme hyperbole of him stomping down the weak amazing player who turns up ungemmed and unprepared for raids, because he can't "have faith". YOU are projecting that one guy that told you no in a pug onto every pug creator, which quite simply doesn't happen. You may have had a bad experience, we have all had bad experiences, damn, I've had some god awful terrible experiences, you just need to accept that when dealing with other people, sometimes, standards can be different.
    If "creating accessibility" is what they wanted, they wouldn't hate on LFR so much, because that exactly what it does. What they want is to CONTROL accessibility. To be able to have a say about who gets to play and who doesn't.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    How about replace it with Flex raiding? Oh yes truly a shocking concept.
    Because flex raiding only solves some of the problems. There are still people with scheduling issues that can't be resolved in any way other than the availability of a random group creator. We'll have to see how the virtual realms things plays out but there's no guarantee that there will be a flex raid for the raid you want at the time you want. Flex raiding is an important and welcome addition to the game but it's not going to replace LFR nor is it even intended to.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    anaxie, your sig states your ilevel is 548. My best toon is ilevel 521 - that's primarily shado-pan valor gear and the remaining 502s from LFR. I still have 2 weeks to go to fully upgrade the items, which should put me at 524. You. You are not casual, regardless of what you might think.

If you're doing normal and heroic raiding - which your ilevel suggests - you aren't casual, and you're pissing off those of us who are. Please stop.
    I play 4 hours a week currently. This cycle can go on for up to 4 months at a time. During raiding I play roughly 16-20 hours a week IN AND OUTSIDE raids total. Yes I am very very casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Sounds to me like some people had their feelings hurt at some point and are scarred because of it.

LFR is acidic to the integrity of the content as a whole.
    No, its just a scapegoat. As I mentioned earlier, raid gear is more prevalent now, but it is actually less so than it was the past 2 expansions. This has caused recruitment issues as it returns to a more exclusive minority. Those players are being held back by this, and they're blaming LFR because they believe its disincentivising their potential recruits. Its not, and removing it won't fix their recruitment issues.

Its ironic and hard to digest, but its their own demands for exclusivity that's causing them so much pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Ok, lets assume you laughable theory that has no ground to stand on is correct and that i'm a terribly evil person that everyone hates, the thing is that i have quite a few alts, that quite frankly nobody has ever heard of and couldn't really have a clue who's behind it. Thats usually the characters i try to pug on. Its still not happening, got any more hilarious explaination for this?
    Nobody says your evil. Just that the value you (or people demanding for less accessibility) derive from the game is at least in part based on ego gratification. That takes a back seat when content is accessible. Your fun comes at the expense of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You don't get it. I never said that people know you personally and think you are terrible. It's not because of something you did, or something you said, it's simply because of the kind of person you are. You are LFR-hater, you can't hide that behind alts.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's impossible because your view is so narrow minded you can't see beyond your nose. it's good your done, you didn't have a leg to stand on anyway.
    Me? lol ok. Your the one who's only argument is people were mean to you.

No, I'm attacking the right person, the "gatekeeper" player who thinks he has the right to choose which of his peers "deserves" to play the game. You think they are doing community a favor by organizing pugs, but they are only contributing to the exclusivity of the community, the development of bullshit cliques and alienation.
    Jeez seriously? pretty toxic attitude you have there. maybe there is a reason "gatekeepers" exclude you from what it sounds like.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What masochist wants to climb that ladder?

The people who raid these days are all about min-maxing, logs, theorycrafting, strats, endless reams of bullshit that most players are rightfully entirely uninterested in, because they are sane.

Socializing? Carrying your friends? Fooling around? Meh. It's more about every week find the weak link, and replace him. See you later, baddie!

Sounds like fun to me!

Tyrant officer. How do you get around in the real world when you percieve a team leader leading a group as a tyrant.

Also I keep grinning about this fact. Why do LFR players try to lord over that content is designed for them and our needs don't matter? Apparently our needs to matter according to blizzard since we have access to our own content that is pretty damn high quality, and exclusive rewards ect. and rapid content pace.

WoW today is a heroic raiders dream. Aspiring players starting the game now though? It's not a dream it either a dull rollercoaster at the bottom so they try something else. The gameplay at the bottom needs to promote group play and be more involving.

Also please pay attention that I said ASPIRING players who would like to challenge themselves. MMOs are choked with players right now who stomp their feet and refuse to put forth effort. It's a blessing I don't have to associate with those players.
    I agree with you 100%. Most players won't progress past LFR, but it is there and at least gives people something to look forward to. There is normal and heroic content for those that are able to follow the mechanics and do their jobs and put in the extra effort they require. And you are awarded appropriately. The system as it is works and is fair to everyone. Also those that decide they want to start doing normal and heroic content will have the tools to do it....however it is totally up to them to be able to progress.

If "creating accessibility" is what they wanted, they wouldn't hate on LFR so much, because that exactly what it does. What they want is to CONTROL accessibility. To be able to have a say about who gets to play and who doesn't.
    This isn't Nazi Germany, they aren't trying to stop you from going into your favourite store, they aren't saying you can't go into some bars, jesus. They are creating a pug, they have standards. I see DAILY on Twisting Nether pugs of varying requirements, goals, groups, and whatever else. If you can't find a pug that is suitable, or people are excluding you, it's because of one of two reasons:
    1: You really are an unappealing character who seems to failt o show any kind of effort into your character; or
    2: You are on a server that is so under-populated that there are so few pugs they can marginalize the players they take.

Either or, it has nothing to do with LFR, and even less to do with the players who create the pugs. SORRY.