Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    wc = water closet (bathroom), not really used in the US. If you play with people from other countries.
    Wailing Caverns?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Oh I know why, it's just silly. It's easy enough to shift+click on the name to see level and other info, so there really is no point. Nobody ever changed anything else with conflicting acronyms so I'm not sure why this one was. :<
    Because it was the one time in the game when people were all crawling over the same content range doing dungeons, from noobies to 60's, people weren't automatically discounting lower content from their mental filters yet, and the one time that name conflicts actually "mattered" in terms of understanding one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I remember joining a DM pug on my paladin at lvl 18 back in Vanilla. They didn't notice I was lvl 18 until they asked why I was at Deadmines instead of Dire Maul..
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
    Came here to say exactly this. I don't even know what MMR means, and it seems like that one is thrown around all the time.
    Matchmaking rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
    Came here to say exactly this. I don't even know what MMR means, and it seems like that one is thrown around all the time.
    MMR= Measles Mumps and Rubella Vaccine

Id say a lot of the pvp lingo is confusing even for people who do a lot of PvP. Some of the comp names just get stupid. Seriously what the hell is golden dildo cleave?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    MMR= Measles Mumps and Rubella Vaccine
    and nowadays, it's mostly MMRV, as they add varicella into the combination.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

ZOMG is from starcraft. ZERG OH MY GOD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    ZOMG is from starcraft. ZERG OH MY GOD
    No, it's not. "ZOMG" is typing OMG so hard and fast you accidentally mash the z while holding shift for caps.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Sometimes I think they just pick random words out of a hat (and add "Cleave" to the end). >.>
    African Bubblegum Cleave. My friend and I's 2s team name for a while.

nope its from starcraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    So there you are, minding your own business, and then somebody in trade abbreviates something you don't understand. Hopefully this thread will help those people understand most if not all acronyms and will be able to go about there daily WoW lives in a less-confused manor.

Could someone clear these two up for me?

C.O.D
    FLM

Thanks.
    C.O.D - cash on delivery - the in game mail option.

FLM - as some said possible typo of - LFM or FML or as even possible pvp thing although I don't see it.

LFM - Looking For More.

FML - Fuck My Life which usually gets used a lot on places like:

http://www.reddit.com/

and

http://www.fmylife.com/

wc = water closet (bathroom), not really used in the US. If you play with people from other countries.
    Always used this wc for wrong chat myself.

Usually use bio if talking about needing bathroom.

Deleted
    Or, more likely, "wrong chat".

Idk why people call heroic raids HC. I've seen people who use that expression try to explain it and, I don't remember what they said, I just remember it sounding stupid.

Deleted
    Any of the arena team comp abbreviations.
    But in my defense, most of them stand for stupid nonsensicalshit anyway.
    How can something you don't understand be "stupid and nonsensical shit"? Lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    nope its from starcraft
    *shrug* I just looked it up, and most references are not in regard to zerg.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi666 View Post
    FML - Fuck My Life which usually gets used a lot on places like:
    And I've finally learned what this meant. FML I didn't know it before.
    Warlock (SL main)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    smh is "shaking my head" actually. VC for Deadmines was a bit weird, but whatever... I don't know that I can think of any that I don't understand, tbh. IMHO, the strangest is ZOMG. zombies, OH MY GOD? who knows. The internet's a weird place
    VC for Van clef as DM was used in reference for Dire maul so DM for both was confusing and as such VC and DM were used for Dead mines and dire maul respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    Idk why people call heroic raids HC. I've seen people who use that expression try to explain it and, I don't remember what they said, I just remember it sounding stupid.
    well usually cause hc is short for heroic? I don't know what do you call it?

Hc mode ToT is what I've been doing for weeks on end now. What would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    well usually cause hc is short for heroic? I don't know what do you call it?

Hc mode ToT is what I've been doing for weeks on end now. What would you say?
    I don't know why people picked up on HC when a simple H to denote Heroic will suffice. H:ToT, where the colon is optional and can be replaced with a space. I haven't wasted any frustration on it because my guild has just begun progression on N Lei Shen, and no one pugs heroic raids on my server. Further, no one pugs 5-man heroics outside of the dungeon finder, so Heroic just isn't in chat all that much.