Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    No, I remember raid leaders pugging for experienced players. I didn't blame them then, I don't blame them now.
    You have to see it from their point of view that they don't want to carry players.

But that was just the few people in trade doing that.
    The idea was and should always be "guild up or shut up."
    t.
    Sure, I dont blame either. Its their Pug and they can ask what they want. I just didnt want to join them on those terms, so I guilded up.
    In LFR era, I dont need to cater to those gear and achiev demands from pugs. Also, dont need to schedule my life around raid schedule, guild drama and loot drama. I just press a button and voilla- in 15 min Im raiding. Nice, clean relaxed raiding. Who in their right mind can be against it?

yes, because all those bad guys who do lfr would try to invade guilds and after they get rejected they make guild with ppl who used to do LFR and after 2 months of whiping in the first boss they QQ and all the content gets nerfd again

15+ Year Old Account
    After years and years of raiding in progress oriented guilds with likeminded people i stopped raiding completly as a lot of people i knew don't play anymore. So the only way i "raid" is trough LFR.
    As i already play much less then back in the days it would probably bring me to play even less. (I plan on playing 1 Month a Patch and then pause until the next or something like that)
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in wrath times, I use to join 25man pugs into icc, on days that my raiding guild wasn't doing its 10man run.

For those 25man pugs, I had to link my gearscore, and sometimes even show them a link to how I'd done the bosses before, and some of them didn't even count it if I'd only done it on 10 man.

And so, by chance I even got into the raid, this pug group, usually consisting of people I don't know, guilds I've never interacted with, and people who I had no desire to carry on interacting with after this pug, we would do icc25, usually wiping a lot on bosses, but on.. and what happened 90-90% of the time? The group after deathbringer saurfang would begin to break apart, people would leave, we'd try to get to festergut and rotface, but it almost always either disbanded the raid before we got to those two bosses, or we got to them, wiped several times, and then it began to disband even more, before it broke apart.

Week after week, this was how it went. 25man pugs were just us doing the first 4 bosses in icc25 and not going anywhere beyond it.

Now, remembering that, and seeing how LFR works.. why the f*** are you idiots complaining about this system, which is a far better system then of allowing people to pug current content, not give a shit about who there raiding with, getting it done, and seeing the content.
    Who gives you the right to dictate your elitist attitude to people who, just like me back in wrath times, just wanted to do a pug raid to kill time? Thats all LFR is, a pug raid system that ensures we won't be wasting time, but by no means guarantee getting loot every week.

Like I say, I don't care who you are in a pug 25man group, i'm just there to run a quick lfr, maybe get some gear, get my valors and thats it. It doesn't effect your elitist raiding experience.

The only reasoning any of you have against this, is how it makes you feel less special when you see none hardcore raiders running around in purples or gear that looks the same as the one your wearing, which I believe is the main reason you all complain so much about it. In which case.. grow up, get over it and do your 25man heroic achievement run.
    #boycottchina

LFR should stop dropping gear once 5.4 hits with Flex raids, there you can see the content, you don't need or deserve epic gear for just being able to click accept

"BUT MUH TIME, IM JUST A FILTHILY CASUAL!"
    I know guilds that raid on weekend, and do less than 8 hours of raiding and are 13/13 Heroic, many not just one, and many more under 12 weekly hours of raiding that already cleared Heroic content, the autistic excuse of I HAVE NO TIME it bull fucking shit, it just means you either don't give a shit, have a short attention span, play other games other than WoW(which is ok, but you shouldn't expect to get carried and gear for just paying 15 bucks a month).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    LFR should stop dropping gear once 5.4 hits with Flex raids, there you can see the content, you don't need or deserve epic gear for just being able to click accept
    This has always been the most ludicrous suggestion from anyone against LFR. Why the hell would anyone want to do something week after week if there not getting anything from it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Uh, no? Go ask how people like LFR in trade chat, I see mostly negative things. Don't say you know who's on these forums, and come to some conclusion based on your assumption.

As far as LFR, PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs PuGs.

Does noone remember PuGs in BC/Wrath? All they need to do is make PuGs viable like they were then.
    Right. So everyone read tradechats. Reply to tradechats. So it must represent the accurate view of the playerbase.

And yes, I remember Pugs in WoTLK. It was awful. Must have achievements. Must be overgeared. Usually it is the RL who is the most undergeared asking to be carried to loot.

For people who do cannot raid with a guild means they can never raid. But I guess that is your aim, isn't? More exclusivity.

To be honest, the only reason why I'd be upset is because the complainers would get their way.

Deleted
    People just don't seem to get it. I want to put the time in it, Hell i even did it. Raided up from vanilaa till the end of WOTLK. I even saw Naxx twice once and 60 and once in WOTLK. Putting the time is for most people not even the isssue. Putting the time in it when it suits your schedule is. I work 7 days in a row with 2 days off. 5 of those are evenings or nights. So you give me a spot in your elitist ass guild make sure i can't be there a lot on the times people raid. But hell i am not sacrificing my vacation days, my social life and my sleep for pixels. Basicly i think i growed up. I do LFR, not because it is easy just because i can log on about every time a day, queu, do other stuff while wait and do a raid. Are they easy hell yeah. Would i like to do normal/hc raids. Hell yeah. do i want to go back to sacrificing evrything for that. Hell No.

Flex raiding is maybe an option. But that will need the future to show. But it will be like 10 or 25 mans. Be there x/days a week from 20/21 hour till 23.00 or midnight.
    Doesn't solve stuff for people who want to play when the majority doesn't.

I don't envy people who do heroic raids; Great for them. I don't look down on anybody. I just wish people would give each other a break and just try to enjoy the game is it in pvp, dungeons , normals, heroic raid or LFR. You get the amusement out of it what you want. If you need to compensate for something you don't have in rl by feeling uber in a game. Just do so but don't bother me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post

"BUT MUH TIME, IM JUST A FILTHILY CASUAL!"
    I know guilds that raid on weekend, and do less than 8 hours of raiding and are 13/13 Heroic, many not just one, and many more under 12 weekly hours of raiding that already cleared Heroic content, the autistic excuse of I HAVE NO TIME it bull fucking shit, it just means you either don't give a shit, have a short attention span, play other games other than WoW(which is ok, but you shouldn't expect to get carried and gear for just paying 15 bucks a month).
    The whole argument of "I don't have the time" is so old and frustrating and also illogical. Like you said there are many guilds that raid 2 or 3 nights a week (during progression) and are 13/13HM right now. Even the top world guilds at this point are not spending every moment of their free time raiding. In the case of world first in particular they front-load all their hours into the weeks after the content is released to compete for their rank.

So stop saying that you chose to do LFR primarily because you don't have the time to raid. It takes less time to clear 13/13HM for a guild that has it on farm status than to queue through all sections of LFR. There's 1000's of guilds. There is one that will work with your schedule I assure you that.

So people raid LFR because they do not have the experience or the competence to clear more difficult content. Maybe they are stuck on a dead server and there's no guilds on that server even clearing normal modes.

The problem is LFR doesn't help you to become a better player so that you can then clear the more difficult content. It teaches players that they can AFK and get rewards for it. There's a difference between "seeing" a boss killed that you actually put a lot of effort into killing and "seeing" a boss killed that you walked away from the computer to grab a cup of coffee and missed half the encounter. So if flex is implemented hopefully it teaches players that standing in fire kills you, it doesn't tickle, and that you have to do more than autoattack to kill a boss. If flex allows groups of people to quickly form groups and use their brains to down a boss then LFR should be removed. It will probably have longer queue times anyway if flex goes smoothly. There's no place for LFR anyway with many difficulty levels.

Also ask the average LFRerer what the frostbite ability is or force of will or diffusion chain is. I bet you they don't have a clue. They don't have to understand what an ability does or even have a clue what's going on. I guess some people think that's alright for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    You mean all them mouth breathers, please do!
    You probably think its makes you clever making comments like that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would bother me slightly, because it's another method and option to gear alternative characters. However, it wouldn't ruin my gaming experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Considering it's the only way I see raid content, yeah, I wouldn't like that.
    same here I don't have time to raid on a set schedule

If they started putting in higher level dungeons, then I think it would be great to get rid of LFR. Flex should replace LFR, as players are capable of organizing pugs on their own, especially if the group size is flexible. LFR are just boring. There's little challenge, you just show up to collect loot, vp, and quest tokens. It doesn't even feel like 'seeing' the content, except that it does take away a little from when you actually do see the content. Yes, you can wipe in LFR, but that's not really a challenge. That's random strangers (or you) messing up. It's not like their your guild members, or even people you'll run into again. And you get a buff to make the next attempt easier.

On the down side, LFR does let you see the mechanics of a fight before(usually) the mechanics can kill you.

But new heroic dungeons would be needed to for gear/vp. I like heroic scenarios, but there's something more thrilling about knowing which boss can drop the items you need. And there's something frustrating with getting at most 1 item, but usually 0.

I would be mad if they didn't have something to replace the gear gap.. like adding epics at the end of heroics again or a different type of LFR(like a different raid that isn't the current raid).

I'm fine with LFR itself, cool let people see everything, doesn't bother me (I personally find it extremely tedious and boring, but to each their own). The issue I have is that its the best way to gear up on my alts. Either make it so we can purchase LFR gear for justice(making LFD grinding an option again for alts and making justice useful again), or make it share a lockout with normal and flex so that I can just run normal instead and not feel like I'm missing out if I don't do LFR too.
    Last edited by Exilium; 2013-08-07 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact of the matter is this. LFR works. It does exactly what its made to do, and it doesn't screw up the game, make anything hard for anyone else, its just there for something to do for all the people that do it.

The only negative thing with it.. and the whining elitists who bitch and moan about it because they don't feel like special snowflakes. So really, there isn't anything wrong with it period.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    LFR needs to be abolished. Pugs need to be viable again.

That is all. The casual carebears will be here soon to tell you LFR is the greatest thing ever.
    I'm a casual and I don't mind seeing it go. Raiding just isn't my thing.

Deleted
    Upset not really since my main is geared trough normal/hc raiding but my alts are kinda depending on it without lfr
    I'll need to put way to much time on doing pugs.

I'd be pretty mad. It's the only way I get to see the raid content. I just don't have time for planned raiding groups.