Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, then Blizzard has failed, because a civil war is an embarrassment to the horde, and that the alliance is NEEDED to save the rebellion makes it even worse.
    Unless you are faction neutral, raiding Orgrimmar is the worst or the best thing that could happen for your faction pride, lack of a good story from your aspect is a lesser issue.
    Yea, the horde needs the alliance to help, but the alliance actually has no reason to do that. The alliance is at WAR with the horde, why should the alliance suddenly help them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The fact that they're cannibals is enough for me to call them evil.
    You're free to, but in fact is complete nonsense. Cannibalism, in our world, is tied with murder, ofcourse, and for this is "evil". The trolls live in the world of WARcraft, and they practice it to the dead bodies of their enemies, they don't sacrifice their own kind for taste humanoid's flesh; in fact, they always did it for a particular dogma, and the act itself, made on a body of a fallen enemy, can hardly be considered "evil". A bit dark, gruesome, with a bit of bad taste? Indeed. Evil? Nope, the word don't fit at all.

I already said before, they are a threat to us because of the dark things they do.
    Wrong. They are a threat because they want to be a threat, they oppose us and want to kill anyone of us. The "dark things" are just a mean for achieve such a goal. With this reasoning, we should consider dark and evil everything our beloved warlocks and death knights of Horde and Alliance do, because their spells are INDEED dark, gruesome and filled of bad taste. Still, they use such powers for help their faction, for the "greater good", and so they become the great heroes.

It's not a matter of how much dark and bad-looking a practice or a spell is, but simply which is the use made of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Confirming that Alliance players need to be angry with MoP.

This is discrimination !!!

Horde Ending Cinematic 2 min 41 Sec
    Alliance Ending Cinematic 2 Min 20 Sec

Why are we not equal !?!?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Alliance capture dalaran, Alliance invade the horde capital city in lore not just in game, alliance takes down the horde warchief in lore, alliance gain much better achievements eg hordebreaker....yet the alliance have a right to complain? 0o
    Firsly, Alliance lost Theramore beforehand, and in the previous expansion lost every meaningfull battle.

Second, you are confusing the Hordes. The Alliance invade the Evil Horde's capital and kill the Evil Horde warchief, while helping the Goody Hordes get their city back and put their Goody Warchief on the throne. (or whatever a Warchief sits on)

And the funniest thing here is the Alliance can just watch as the Goody Horde gets destroyed by the Evil Horde with casualties on both sides, and then attack the remains of the Evil horde. Makes much more sense that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the funniest thing here is the Alliance can just watch as the Goody Horde gets destroyed by the Evil Horde with casualties on both sides, and then attack the remains of the Evil horde. Makes much more sense that way.
    The alliance aren't strong enough to take down Garrosh alone. The "good" horde wouldn't make a dent to Garrosh it would be like trying to take down a 25an raid boss with 13 people. However you add an extra 12 people and you can take it down.

The alliance tried to attack org before and garrosh had pet krakken at the ready >.<
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-08-18 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Yea, the horde needs the alliance to help, but the alliance actually has no reason to do that. The alliance is at WAR with the horde, why should the alliance suddenly help them?
    Because helping the rebellion is like helping themselves. Even if Garrosh didn't have all the deadly stuff he now have in Orgrimmar, exploiting a civil war it's a smart move for ensure victory, obtained with less lives sacrificed and less resources expended. Plus, considering that, in fact, Garrosh HAVE a LOT of deadly stuff gathered in Orgrimmar, that became an obvious necessity, not just a "bonus". Saying that this is not necessary and fuck off because we are awesome is reckless and retarded, all for some kind of stupid pride, the same kind of crap shit that made Garrosh what he is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Confirming that Alliance players need to be angry with MoP.

This is discrimination !!!

Horde Ending Cinematic 2 min 41 Sec
    Alliance Ending Cinematic 2 Min 20 Sec

Why are we not equal !?!?!
    /flips table

Forgive me if im wrong but isnt it against your religion as the alliance to be evil bastards who succumb to vengeance and pettiness?

Now i dont follow the light and we hordies dont have a huge fucking cathedral but im sure it wouldnt please the light if you all become murderous assholes trying to score some cheap points at the expense of a broken people.

So yeah didnt jesus sorry i mean the light teach you guys anything to turn the other cheek?

The light doesnt want you to have a fist pump moment the light wants you to be satisfied with killing our leader, a shit ton of orcs, get to wear his shoulders and lol about it and to strut around with a title that says 'hey we just pwned orgrimmar'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Alliance capture dalaran, Alliance invade the horde capital city in lore not just in game, alliance takes down the horde warchief in lore, alliance gain much better achievements eg hordebreaker....yet the alliance have a right to complain? 0o
    Exactly.The Alliance got through this expansion MUCH better then did in Cataclysm.Much,much better.Alliance players will always complain,and its kinda becoming our trademark by now.I have to agree,I was disappointed with the trials of the High King,especially after all the hype about it at Blizzcon,but the victory at Jade Forest,purging of Dalaran,and the general advancement of the Alliance in MoP getting bigger every patch,while the Horde is going downhill every patch is more then enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Because helping the rebellion is like helping themselves. Even if Garrosh didn't have all the deadly stuff he now have in Orgrimmar, exploiting a civil war it's a smart move for ensure victory, obtained with less lives sacrificed and less resources expended. Plus, considering that, in fact, Garrosh HAVE a LOT of deadly stuff gathered in Orgrimmar, that became an obvious necessity, not just a "bonus". Saying that this is not necessary and fuck off because we are awesome is reckless and retarded, all for some kind of stupid pride, the same kind of crap shit that made Garrosh what he is now.
    Its a fact that theese LOT of deadly stuff are pulled out of someone's ass just to make the raid feel like a raid with bosses. Otherwise the gnomes would have a continent-size flying aircraft carrier by now.

Exploiting a civil war is smart, but not when both sides of that civil war are your enemies. And believe me when I say the Horde after Garrosh still will be an enemy of the Alliance.

i agree the alliance won the jade forest.. barely.. the horde shoulda used suicide monkeys to instantly kill any alliance in the war.. sadly they werent allowed to do so. personally i favor the horde more, I mean blizzard does as well, and yes the alliance really doesnt get anything. myself im kinda glad they just use the mechanical cat to scout around.. cause honestly the alliance wouldnt make friends with anyone but the trolls for starters.. and thats just cause their rebelling.. so that leaves the quest for 5.3 as far as totally destroying the horde goes. blizz just finished rewriting quests for cata.. and revamping old zones... are you honestly asking them to do that again just because of the SOO raid? idk exactly how long it took them, but i dont think devs want to spend time on quests when they could be making awesome raids.

but thats just me.. when i play the alliance.. i jus lol at all the victories they get.. none of them really mean anything.. its like watching game of thrones and cheering for the heros.. before they get killed.

Noone has the rights to be angry over a computer game, because it is stupid. You deal with it, or you leave. Whining gets you nowhere (and it is meaningless, since there are just the same whiners on the other side, lol).
    Alliance has a pretty bad story in MoP, though. But, to be honest, Alliance always gets the worst story, because Blizz loves Horde. And I'm not complaining, I'm just underlining a fact. It's just like Alliance leaders lack character customisation, and in MoP almost all of them went OOC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Noone has the rights to be angry over a computer game, because it is stupid. You deal with it, or you leave. Whining gets you nowhere (and it is meaningless, since there are just the same whiners on the other side, lol).
    Alliance has a pretty bad story in MoP, though. But, to be honest, Alliance always gets the worst story, because Blizz loves Horde. And I'm not complaining, I'm just underlining a fact. It's just like Alliance leaders lack character customisation, and in MoP almost all of them went OOC.
    Because yea, online computer games are not competitive at all and everyone is friends with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilbêth View Post
    The racial, political and economical interests of both factions and their battles are only secondary objectives to the ultimate survival of their races.
    the horde is as much a threat to the survival of the alliance as the scourge or burning legion or old gods or the titans are
    all the have the same objective for the total destruction of the alliance and the genocide of the whole population

Who cares really what the Horde loses on the battlefield, at least stuff is going on for you guys, at least more than one of your important characters have some development.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Forgive me if im wrong but isnt it against your religion as the alliance to be evil bastards who succumb to vengeance and pettiness?

Now i dont follow the light and we hordies dont have a huge fucking cathedral but im sure it wouldnt please the light if you all become murderous assholes trying to score some cheap points at the expense of a broken people.

So yeah didnt jesus sorry i mean the light teach you guys anything to turn the other cheek?

The light doesnt want you to have a fist pump moment the light wants you to be satisfied with killing our leader, a shit ton of orcs, get to wear his shoulders and lol about it and to strut around with a title that says 'hey we just pwned orgrimmar'!
    In lore, the Light empowers anyone willing to channel it with a moral purpose in aid of others. This is why it can be channelled by, say, The Argent Dawn (who are total bros) as well as The Scarlet Crusade (who are murderous dicks). Both sides believe they are doing good for their people, and so the Light is there.

It's not intelligent, and it's not some kind of god. It's just there.

Quote Originally Posted by heroim View Post
    dalaren is pretty standard for what the alliance does. don't want to pay the people that rebuilt your city so they leave and they send in adventurers to kill them. the orcs cross an entire ocean to a continent the alliance did not know about so they can live in peace well i guess they should launch a fleet and attack them there too.

you get to sack org the capital city of the hoard and kill the warcheaf but your gonna cry because you don't get to totally destroy the hoard
    That didn't happen. Jaina went to Kalimdor for the same reason as Thrall, because Medivh told her to go there, and it was Grom that struck first.

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    In lore, the Light empowers anyone willing to channel it with a moral purpose in aid of others. This is why it can be channelled by, say, The Argent Dawn (who are total bros) as well as The Scarlet Crusade (who are murderous dicks). Both sides believe they are doing good for their people, and so the Light is there.

It's not intelligent, and it's not some kind of god. It's just there.
    I always thought the light was the Naaru so they are some kind of god

I saw that paladin go to heaven thanks to the Naaru.

Now sure but i just feel it goes against the grain for what you guys want which is petty retribution over lost land and dead people and i dont think the alliance stands for that.

Why should alliance players get anything I mean the fan base is almost all horde. Every hardcore raiding team is horde. Alliance wont be happy until they get everything given to them on a silver plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I always thought the light was the Naaru so they are some kind of god

I saw that paladin go to heaven thanks to the Naaru.
    No, the Naaru are sentient and physical. They just have a closer relationship with the Light than any other creature.