Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    But but but... he got the title correct!

...after seeing it leaked.
    Don't you know, the 99% that he got completely and totally wrong is because Blizzard changed it all after the "leak". It's part of the development y'know and expect the next expansion when it's announced at Blizzcon to bear scant resemblance to this "leak", but not because it's BS or anything; but solely because Blizzard radically change 99% of an expansion in mid development and scrap literally months of work on the sole basis of a post in 4chan. The more you know. I for one have found this thread very enlightening in the development process of Blizzard, I would never have suspected random anonymous posters on 4chan had this much influence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Don't you know, the 99% that he got completely and totally wrong is because Blizzard changed it all after the "leak". It's part of the development y'know and expect the next expansion when it's announced at Blizzcon to bear scant resemblance to this "leak", but not because it's BS or anything; but solely because Blizzard radically change 99% of an expansion in mid development and scrap literally months of work on the sole basis of a post in 4chan. The more you know. I for one have found this thread very enlightening in the development process of Blizzard, I would never have suspected random anonymous posters on 4chan had this much influence.
    Except, for the umpteenth time in this thread, that leak was not made by the same guy behind this leak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well with no way to confirm his past "leaks" and with the only found "leak" from 4chan on mists of pandaria being almost 100% wrong its likely this too is fake
    Different poster was behind the MoP 'leak'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    But but but... he got the title correct!

...after seeing it leaked.
    Different guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizogeny View Post
    Wow, someone apparently spends his summer expansioncrafting.
    Is this a new term, expansioncrafting. It sounds like a fun game.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    Except, for the umpteenth time in this thread, that leak was not made by the same guy behind this leak.

- - - Updated - - -

Different poster was behind the MoP 'leak'.

- - - Updated - - -

Different guy.
    Wot there's two anonymous guys providing "leaks" with completely erroneous information but cited as being "mostly right except the stuff that's not" with no sources back to these previous "completely mostly kinda right-ish" leaks? Or just the one ? I'm kinda confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    He was never wrong since TBC, btw
    Uhm... Isn't this the same guy that posted back during Cata that the next expansion was going to be about the revenge of the legion, going back to Outland, exploring FOUR new worlds including Argus, and getting two new races, Ethereals for the Alliance and Coralfin Naga for the Horde? And then instead we got Mists of Pandaria. (which I have loved.)

Edit: I think he also posted something about a new class being demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    It seems to me you REALLY want to believe the OP's fairytale . That's ok man ..hey did you know Santa Claus is real also ? Btw look on the frost page yourself the blue said 5 levels ...but hey it's you're fantasy man go along if you like .
    It's funny how you can call it a fairytale like you know anything about what blizzard is doing. This is all speculation and you come in saying you KNOW this and KNOW that which takes all the fun out of it because I KNOW you have NO clue what they are doing. Just take a minute and think.

World Engine. This is why I want this so much, along with the Lovecraftian side of things outlined in the OP's post. I just want the Titan story to progress, fuck Azeroth and it's petty squabbles.

I don't give a flying fuck about fake-callers, or the plausibility of elements that some of you closet philosophers dictate to Blizzard's ongoing attempt at writing the story for a whole fucking world (more than one, actually) over the course of tens of thousands of years.

Over the course of WoW's development a shitload of content was scrapped. Zones, instances, dungeons, questlines, etc. Why is now not the right time to put those assets (of varying degree of completion) to good use? Abyssal Maw, Magni's storyline post-diamondification, Emerald Dream tie-in, Azjol-Nerub (the zone that was supposed to span the whole of Northrend in an underground layer, scrapped for WotLK). Assets on most of those were partially completed already, and it would not only be feasible but sensible to use them in an expansion that is supposed to be released faster than previous ones.

Whatever, trying logic on most people that frequent MMOC is pointless. Even more so in a thread that has "leak" in it's name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Wot there's two anonymous guys providing "leaks" with completely erroneous information but cited as being "mostly right except the stuff that's not" with no sources back to these previous "completely mostly kinda right-ish" leaks? Or just the one ? I'm kinda confused.
    As stated on Page 7 (Post #121) of this thread, the MoP 'Leak' was made by a different guy, the poster even being nice enough to come forward about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryadius View Post
    Uhm... Isn't this the same guy that posted back during Cata that the next expansion was going to be about the revenge of the legion, going back to Outland, exploring FOUR new worlds including Argus, and getting two new races, Ethereals for the Alliance and Coralfin Naga for the Horde? And then instead we got Mists of Pandaria. (which I have loved.)

Edit: I think he also posted something about a new class being demon hunters.
    Remember that Blizzard almost released a different expansion instead of MOP. Perhaps this would have been that expansion.

At topic: I don't know what to think - on the one hand the lore sounds plausible. On the other hand, why would Blizzard suddenly make an XP spanning over 10 character levels again?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aljung View Post
    Remember that Blizzard almost released a different expansion instead of MOP. Perhaps this would have been that expansion.

At topic: I don't know what to think - on the one hand the lore sounds plausible. On the other hand, why would Blizzard suddenly make an XP spanning over 10 character levels again?.
    Can't tell if using sarcasm, or completely serious...

How did they "almost" release a completely different expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by aljung View Post
    Remember that Blizzard almost released a different expansion instead of MOP. Perhaps this would have been that expansion
    Yeah no. By the time any "leaks" occur an expansion has already been in production since the last expansion came out, they don't do these in just a couple of months. You people have a really vivid imagination, I'll give you that.

Deleted

There was a theory, can't remember if it was on the forums here or on another site, that Cata was supposed to have two big bads in Deathwing and Azshara. The premise of the theory was that Blizz realised that Azshara could be an xpac in her own right so they stripped out the majority of her story (Abyssal Maw, Naga Invasion, etc.) in order to make the following xpac. But, due to issues of some sort, they couldnt make it all work out so they went with a back up plan. If I find the site i'll post it up later.

If legit, This Expac could be my favourite yet

15+ Year Old Account

A blue said in an interview that they were working on a completely different expansion, but on the last turn decided they will go with MOP instead. Maybe the other expansion was Dark Below.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    A blue said in an interview that they were working on a completely different expansion, but on the last turn decided they will go with MOP instead.
    Annnnnnnd... source?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    As stated on Page 7 (Post #121) of this thread, the MoP 'Leak' was made by a different guy, the poster even being nice enough to come forward about it.
    Which I get, but now you and others are saying "hey, it's not that anonymous guy who posted the bogus MoP info, it's that other guy who posted the (kinda) right (ish) info on the previous expacs" without providing links to dated posts where we can determine the eventual veracity on his previous leaks. In other words, this is no different to the countless others fan fiction speculations about the next expansion.
    I mean, I'm supposed to take your word as another complete stranger to me that he is legit or what? On what basis is the "leak" a "leak" and not wishful thinking? If someone could a link to a post dated before their announcement where he informs us of ANY other expansion's details where we can measure it's eventual veracity to the finished product that would be grand. Shouldn't be too hard seeing as how he been "on the nail since TBC".
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2013-08-26 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    seriously, this guy has no fucking clue.
    Quoting for when at least some of it is real.

Deleted
    It seems a bit too fan-created,but I certainly wouldn't mind it. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talvinen View Post
    If legit, This Expac could be my favourite yet
    Have to agree, sounds awesome and no new classes or races would mean they are working on more worthy things which will improve the game and might make me come back as well as many others. Path of Titans? Hell yea and they know it will make people come back.

I don't have a source for you, but I remember reading it. He's correct. Bliz did a U-turn and went with Mists of Pandaria instead of whatever they were working on. I remember them claiming that the expansion they were working on didn't feel right, given the current position of the game. Perhaps this delayed content is in part what constitutes the next expansion.