Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    First off, we've moved on from WC3, second your opinion is one rooted firmly in complete idiocy and reeks of chauvinism, third, there's nothing wrong with initially not wanting to side with rampaging shit-suckers who have no concern or respect for your land and sovereignty, ultimately they did and it wasn't Malfurion alone who made the call. Orcs still don't, which is why Night Elves had to remind them several times afterwards by ripping them to shreds.

He made an in the moment decision, one whose consequences are a continuing storyline for the Night Elves. Did the Orcs thank him? no, they didn't. They continued being stupid belligerent savages, to the point now where their Horde has turned on them and their city is being stomped into the dirt. Please stop hanging up on WC3 and move forward the decade+ the story has come along.
    No, she's not. but since you seem to want to hang on a few points here and there from WC3 and try and apply them to WoW, there's no point in talking with you. You're a vitriolic hater and that's all there is to it. (and haven't anything intelligent, rational, or even humourous to say, so you're going on ignore faster than the garrosh fanbois)
    Wow. I am a Vitrolic hater because I don't placate myself before Tyrande, who basically went around Malfurion's back to his brother, Who overhear the Humans And Orcs fighting the demons yet still attacked them and only realised it till the end, where it still takes malfurion to spurn them into action against the Legion.

I'm sorry, but I am Chavanistic because Malfurion was the one who DID things while Tyrande went around weakening everyone for the Legion?

Edit: Clearly Talking to alliance fanboys is a waste of time, they Try to argue that Tyrande is a badass, you show them her flaws and they ignore them, this is the worst kind of fanboyism, The Night elves already have tons of great Leaders to use, Like Jarod Shadowsong or Malfurion or Shandaris, Anyone but the slap happy fool priestess who did nothing to aid the Third War.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.
    So you just brattle on about Tyrande through blissful ignorance?

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from the Tyrande degenerates. I do agree, We do need a Badass Alliance.

But none of these kill happy retards who always end up in a stink, That isn't what people like Saurfang for, The Opposite in fact.

We need someone who can dish out some major kick ass, but when it comes to the subtle ways, the diplomatic ways, they don't act like a teenager and instead act with the courage, valor and honor that every Alliance member stands for. We need a Knightly character. We need a Character who oozes charisma and the golden duty that the Alliance should stand up for.

We need another Lothar.

Turalyon's gonna turn up in the next expansion and be right pissed that he missed the Orc-slaughtering campaign in 5.3-5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    John J. Keeshan (even though he's a pop culture reference)
    And like many fist-pumping Alliance characters, he went neutral. Not only that, he broke a record by doing so in the exact same patch cycle in which he was introduced.
    Last edited by Salted Beef; 2013-09-02 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shandris could work as a bad ass and would also breathe some positive characters back into Night Elf lore that aren't idiot Tyrande or lol neutral Malfurion.
    I'd also like to see Crowley do this role as well.
    Have a Draenei Vindicator like Maraad be a zealous bad ass. Kick ass for the Light!

The Alliance have characters that fit this role. They just need to be used is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Shandris could work as a bad ass and would also breathe some positive characters back into Night Elf lore that aren't idiot Tyrande or lol neutral Malfurion.
    I'd also like to see Crowley do this role as well.
    Have a Draenei Vindicator like Maraad be a zealous bad ass. Kick ass for the Light!

The Alliance have characters that fit this role. They just need to be used is all.
    Maraad would be the perfect example. He is Noble, strong and honourable. He has no qualms about fighting the Horde, but he is not going to mercilessly kill them for some blind vendetta.

But Blizzard is like:
    Let's focus only on Varian!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    YEAH, "Conqueror" and "Liberator"!!!!11111!!!!11!!!111!

(a "conqueror" who is invited by the horde and leaves immediately and empty handed and a "liberator" who leaves the majority of the population dead (MURICA!)) lol...
    The Liberator of Orgrimmar is a Horde equivalent of Conqueror of Orgrimmar (wich is the alliance one)

I was talking about the Hordebreaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance favoritism!

Deleted
    Anduin is one of our most bad-ass characters imo.

He's done more than a lot of the other leaders in this expansion.

He's independent and adventurous, able, and while not very powerful (yet) is pretty brave. He's also fairly smart (if naive) and a good diplomat who can form alliances quite quickly.

That said, it really annoys me how Blizzard refuses to write "darker" Alliance characters for more than a single event.

Rogers, Crowley and Vareesa all show up for 10 seconds, do something sketchy and then are never heard of again while they focus on turning Night-Elf Lady into a bumbling idiot, and Varian into a friggin hippy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Anduin is one of our most bad-ass characters imo.

He's done more than a lot of the other leaders in this expansion.

He's independent and adventurous, able, and while not very powerful (yet) is pretty brave. He's also fairly smart (if naive) and a good diplomat who can form alliances quite quickly.

That said, it really annoys me how Blizzard refuses to write "darker" Alliance characters for more than a single event.

Rogers, Crowley and Vareesa all show up for 10 seconds, do something sketchy and then are never heard of again while they focus on turning Night-Elf Lady into a bumbling idiot, and Varian into a friggin hippy.
    Yeah, Varian's transformation from a basically Garrosh in alliance panties to wise and peacefull leader is somewhat dumb.
    It would be better to have Varian and Anduin basically be polar opposites of eachother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Unrealistic decision hmm? Im pretty sure America was at war with japan, and it could have basically destroyed all of japan and taken it over... But did it kill every Japanese citizen that didn't swear allegiance to America's flag? Nope...

I forgot did the world that all attacked Germany together completely destroy the country's government and let some other nearby countries take its land because they had proved to be "evil" to basically the rest of the world. or did they take out the guys in command, and then let them go about their ways.

Why doesn't America just nuke every country that is small and doesn't have a chance to fight back. Is it because its inhumane? maybe also because if America lost all of its allies and a greater power attacked (in wows case the legion) while America (the alliance) had nobody else to help it fight it would just fall?
    For Japan:
    -they had to renounce at their territories in Korea and Manchiuria
    -they had to renounce having an army
    -they did pay for the damage they caused
    -they preety much were forced to have allied (american) military bases on their soil
    Germany:
    -the guvernment was destroyed, it was replaced with a new one, controlled by the allies
    -it was split in 4 zones of control
    -the eastern part was given to Poland and USSR (Kalinigrad)
    -they had to pay reparations
    -their country was basically rubble at the exit from WW2, they got money to rebuilt through the Marshall plan because America needed a market and the USSR was shaping as an enemy force already and Germany was split between the soviet occupation and the rest. Take in mind the soviet part, which got much less help, ended being kind of shit when it joined Germany in the '90s and from some points of view it is still behind.

So, your example is wrong, as the Allies did ask for reparations and control and land from the countries that attacked them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Wouldn't he be like a stitched up humanoid abomination at this point?
    Oh, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. He's always had a sort of abomination look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Oh, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. He's always had a sort of abomination look.
    Everyone did in that low-poly era.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The Liberator of Orgrimmar is a Horde equivalent of Conqueror of Orgrimmar (wich is the alliance one)

I was talking about the Hordebreaker.
    Hordebreaker, eh? But the Horde is still intact after all is said and done.

Would love to see Varian grow a beard, Beards make lots of kings or military leaders in WoW badass (just look at Anduin lothar, uther etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Whatever happened to sky admiral Rogers? Shes a brash, merciless, fist pumping alliance officer.
    Admiral Rogers is capable of thawing my ice cold heart and allow it to love again. I loved that first crapdaria quest where she orders us to kill all the Horde survivors swimming to shore, then the Night Elf's all like "but but but I'm a pussy" then she replies "You idiot, they would do the same to you".

My only regret is that she didn't order us to kill taran'retard too, but I can forgive her that small thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Rofl, you clearly have no bias at all. thanks for that, I needed a good laugh

- - - Updated - - -

in your narrowminded, vitriolic, and rage-filled opinion. Which amounts for less than guano accumulating on your windowsill.
    shut up he's right, Tyrande is useless in WC3, only thing more useless than her is the crapdaren in the bonus mission.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Hordebreaker, eh? But the Horde is still intact after all is said and done.
    Still a pretty neat title to annoy hordies

First off, we've moved on from WC3
    Then why the fuck do we have an expansion about crapdaren? Their presence there was the single least lore changing event in Warcraft history if you discount the fact that Anduin Lothar had constipation at some point in his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    For Japan:
    -they had to renounce at their territories in Korea and Manchiuria
    -they had to renounce having an army
    -they did pay for the damage they caused
    -they preety much were forced to have allied (american) military bases on their soil
    Germany:
    -the guvernment was destroyed, it was replaced with a new one, controlled by the allies
    -it was split in 4 zones of control
    -the eastern part was given to Poland and USSR (Kalinigrad)
    -they had to pay reparations
    -their country was basically rubble at the exit from WW2, they got money to rebuilt through the Marshall plan because America needed a market and the USSR was shaping as an enemy force already and Germany was split between the soviet occupation and the rest. Take in mind the soviet part, which got much less help, ended being kind of shit when it joined Germany in the '90s and from some points of view it is still behind.

So, your example is wrong, as the Allies did ask for reparations and control and land from the countries that attacked them.
    That's because Japan and Germany surrendered unconditionally.

As for 5.4, the Rebellion isn't surrendering to the Alliance, they are partners. If the Alliance didn't negotiate terms for the partnership beforehand, they have no right to hold them hostage and demand things after the fact.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-02 at 07:31 PM.

I'd rather they stayed lost in space forever.
    I'd rather you stay lost in pandaria forever and they threw it into the sun.