Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I want it to feel like a demon expansion, not a Star Wars expansion we got with BC.

Actually, for that matter, I don't want it to feel like BC at all. BC was fun, but I don't want BC2.

Ethereal and Demon Hunter as a race and class respectively.

New features. Just because it's all-out war doesn't mean Blizz should skimp on new features like expanded talents, or even player housing.
    does not compute. you don't want a star wars feeling, but you want the most technologically advanced race to this date to be playable?

if ethereal = playable
    than exp5 = sci-fi
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    does not compute. you don't want a star wars feeling, but you want the most technologically advanced race to this date to be playable?

if ethereal = playable
    than exp5 = sci-fi
    Ethereal do not originate on Argus, therefor their culture has limited to no impact on the layout of Argus.

I do not want to see Mana Forges all over the place and gateways littering the place. If we're going up against the Legion, give us a bit more Diablo and a bit less Star Wars.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    -Illidan's Return
    -Demon Hunter Hero/Regular Class
    -Level 100
    -New Demons and Lore to the Legion
    -Kil'Jaedan the last boss. Lets face it, Blizzard is not going to blow their entire load for the Warcraft Universe, so Sargaras will not show up, even as an Avatar.
    -Professions being Professions, not stat buffs. And gathering Professions being limited to one per char but as a secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ethereal do not originate on Argus, therefor their culture has limited to no impact on the layout of Argus.

I do not want to see Mana Forges all over the place and gateways littering the place. If we're going up against the Legion, give us a bit more Diablo and a bit less Star Wars.
    the ethereal aren't from draenor either, but they contributed heavily to the star wars feeling of tBC. wheverer they set foot, there were force fields, tech-portals and holograms everywhere. and like goblins, they are quick to setting foot on places.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    - Illidan's return, fighting together with the Alliance and possibly Horde.
    - Demon Hunter as a fourth Warlock spec aimed for tanking.
    - Blood Elf model update (along with all the rest, but Blood Elf is the one I'm looking forward too the most).
    - 10 new levels.
    - Model updates for all of the regular demons, I don't want to see vanilla Felguards, Felhounds, Voidwalkers or the like roaming around, they look horrible by now... And while they update those they can replace Warlocks original demon models with the updated ones.
    - Two zones to choose between when you start out leveling. I really liked Cataclysm and Wrath's start-outs for that reason, it splits the massive amount of people trying to rush for max level in half which reduces lag further, and having a choice of where to level is always nice.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-10-12 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Darker, more brutal theme of the expansion
    New character models
    This Pretty much and with balanced pvp.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the ethereal aren't from draenor either, but they contributed heavily to the star wars feeling of tBC. wheverer they set foot, there were force fields, tech-portals and holograms everywhere. and like goblins, they are quick to setting foot on places.
    I'd disagree. Yes they caused some issues with it, but IMO it was a calculated intent from Blizzard that caused it. Especially in Hellfire and Netherstorm.

If you ask me, it was a decision to pass the Legion off as space-faring evils rather than magic evils that caused it. No more Naaru Space Ships, no more legion gateways, no more fel iron.

Give me the old legion back.

Oh, and for the love of god no more evil Blood Elves. They didn't help BC's sci-fi feel either.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    -Illidan
    -Deamon Hunters as a New Hero class
    -New character models
    -Argus or Xoroth as our new land to dicover
    -Deamon/dark themed warrior sets (just copy some chaos warriors armor from warhammer and i'll be happy )
    -Darker, more brutal theme of the expansion.
    In the Grim Darkness of Warcraft, there is only war.

And then Games-Workshop sued Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    -A ranged physical dps class would not go amiss, I do like the sound of a demon hunter very much. I really hope they don't run with a support only class, that sounds reallllllly fail and many obstacles to overcome. The game is already too big for that kind of stuff.
    -level 100 cap
    -sick story line and enjoyable questing again, like it was in wrath and BC!
    -NEW CHARACTER MODELS IS A MUST!!!!
    -account bound reputations for god sake! and all currencies!!!
    - I don't think Blizz will drop the ball on this expansion, seeing as it will most likely be their last. RIP

Eagerly awaiting Blizzcon for the announcement

Deleted
    They already put an open-ended Demon Hunter (hero) class teaser into the Darkshore mini-maelstrom:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=64450

and you can be almost 100% sure that this class is coming in WOWX5, along with the overhauled race models. Also, note the title of the quest mob that dops this item: Telarius Voidstrider <Herald of the DARK EMBRACE>. Dark Embrace <-> Dark Below?

So, yeah, you CAN be this guy finally:

Other pointers that support this speculation:

- planned Illidan redemption story
    - the WotLK hero class/endgame level ratio of 55/80 would translate to 68/100 in WOWX5, which points to Shadowmoon Valley, base of the Demon Hunter training location
    Last edited by mmoca322092fb4; 2013-10-12 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
    they already put an open-ended demon hunter (hero) class teaser into the darkshore mini-maelstrom:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=64450

and you can be almost 100% sure that this class is coming in wowx5, along with the overhauled race models. Also, note the title of the quest mob that dops this item: Telarius voidstrider <herald of the dark embrace>. Dark embrace <-> dark below?

So, yeah, you can be this guy finally:

other pointers that support this speculation:

- planned illidan redemption story
    - lhe wotlk hero class/endgame level ratio of 55/80 would translate to 68/100 in wowx5, which points to shadowmoon valley, base of the demon hunter training location
    god damnit y u hef 2 make meh sa excite d:

Why does anyone even care if they give us 5 levels or 10? The time it took from 80-85 and then 85-90 was comparable to 60-70 and 70-80. It's just numbers, that don't really mean anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan returning with his madness after his defeat at the hands of Arthas being gone. A randomly undiscovered island off the coast of tirisfal filled with High Elven architecture and forests, because I like that stuff. More eredar bosses, more magic involvement (aka mana forges), bigger explanation on the Naaru and their connection to the power of the light. Some more lore for the Draenei.

the biggest push for the legion is the legendary quest where were are warned time and time again of the legion return , that isnt some 1 quest in some random spot, blizz paid attention to that quest and what is said in the quest line
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    Why does anyone even care if they give us 5 levels or 10? The time it took from 80-85 and then 85-90 was comparable to 60-70 and 70-80. It's just numbers, that don't really mean anything.
    It feels wrong if the end level ends with anything but a 0, it gives you the illusion of leveling faster when the experience is spread across 10 levels instead of 5, and we become even more powerful against old content the higher the level we are above it.

I want it to be revealed that the old gods (who are behind most events on azeroth) have actually been helping us grow stronger, the same way the mantid make the pandaren stronger and we fight with them against Sargeras and his burning legion.

I don't want the mystique of the Demon Hunter to be ruined because a bunch of emo kids want to try and be badass.

Demons have been ruined already. How can you take a demon seriously when you wipe them out by the hundreds on a routine basis? That is what happens when Blizzard is only capable of writing Zerg-type antagonist factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    - Illidan's return, fighting together with the Alliance and possibly Horde.
    - Demon Hunter as a fourth Warlock spec aimed for tanking.
    - Blood Elf model update (along with all the rest, but Blood Elf is the one I'm looking forward too the most).
    - 10 new levels.
    - Model updates for all of the regular demons, I don't want to see vanilla Felguards, Felhounds, Voidwalkers or the like roaming around, they look horrible by now... And while they update those they can replace Warlocks original demon models with the updated ones.
    - Two zones to choose between when you start out leveling. I really liked Cataclysm and Wrath's start-outs for that reason, it splits the massive amount of people trying to rush for max level in half which reduces lag further, and having a choice of where to level is always nice.
    You know, Demon Hunter spec to warlocks incompletely invalid to current lore of warlocks. The current lore has warlocks being the complete opposite of demon hunters, down to the very Metamorphosis that most people believe is the Demon Hunters, when its completely wrong. The Metamorphosis, as explained, is based of Illidan's corrupted form, as they Kanrethad saw more power in this form, which is why all warlocks meta into an incomplete version of Illidan, being female or not. The Demon hunter Metamorphosis is completely different, as its a black demon, and the demon hunters have to learn on their own, which is seen through the demon hunters at BT and the ghost demon hunter in the Maw of the Void. Now, Loramus, the only demon hunter that transforms into "the lock" meta, can be explained as the Corruption of the Altar of Storm. But Currently, all Demon Hunters have seperate transformations. Even illidan in BT, as he transforms by growing slightly larger and blacker. Demon Hunters also use blue fire, rather than Green. And if someone tries to to say, but they have a ton of warlock spells, its because there is no demon hunter class in game, as Death Knights, prior to wrath, used a bunch of spells from warlocks, priests, and warriors.

I am one for a viable tank spec to warlocks, yes, if they feel they dont need to add Demon Hunters. But I do require a lot of lore retconning for "demon hunter spec" (green fire questline included). But simply, Id rather see it have its own tank spec, not a demon hunter spec, but something based on Dark Apotheosis Form. As it is, Demon Hunter cannot be warlocks. The only way to even consider it is to make night elves warlocks, say that Night Elf Warlocks are the Demon Hunter Class, give a lot of lore to it (making them the true demon hunter class, not your everday warlock, like how alliance shams got Heroism rather than Lust, Nightelves get "demon hunter" spec rather than "Dark Apotheosis", works exactly the same but lore canon), and give them the ability to duel wield warblades (doesnt have to be glaives, as glaives are considered swords ingame and lore states that dhs use warBLADES not warglaives, but still need to be able to equip both legendaries.)

I am a prick when it comes to lore about Demon Hunters and Warlocks. As I am a Warlock, and Rp as one, and used to main Demo, until the untimely killing of my spec, and now floating between affliction and destruction, currently Destruction as I like the aoe burst, but hate the single target. But, for a Warlock to become a Demon Hunter, a lot of lore is going to be needed, a race/class combo as well which is not entirely hard but to the standards of RP and Lore it is very hard (as most RPrs understand that Demon Hunters are outcasts to the major societies, and thus never really enter them on the DH (ne war/rogue typically), though this did not stop death knights which was given the "Hey city, this dk is good, dont be mean to him" treatment), and retconning one thing that brought in new warlocks recently even if it was a simply color change to alot of spells. Not to mention, you at least cut out one spec that is purely melee dps, not to mention a third spec we might not have seen. (see my sig demon hunter class for that) and you cut out the Evolution of the warlock class, as we still have 4 more locks of the black harvest out there learning new things, after Jubeka and Kanrethad. I am for making the "pure" classes hybridized, but if done improperly, like, basically giving warlocks "demon Hunter" spec without real lore and retconning or mages "blood/time healing" rather than the popular Battle mage, they might be spitting on us.

And, yes, for me, 4th specs for the pures is possible:
    Mages: Blood or Time Healing: lore: Blood Mages resurrected Loramus, so they might go back and teach this "ancient" magic. Time: using Arcane and watching the Bronze flight they learn to slow time and even revert damage. While I do like battle mages (tanks), I think out of the 4 classes, only 1 class has a right to tanking

Hunter: Either Tanking or Healing. Tanking: Wanderer (Rexxar spec): Using melee weapons, able to take on foes head on, you and your trusty companions (able to have two out similar to Rexxar, but these give you buffs and other things to help tank) face down the foes and more mobile than a paladin and dk but not as much as warrior/druid/monk, a tank similar to Warriors and paladins in more passive mastery but harder to master. Healing: Naturist: Using salves, herbs, syringes, and natural magic, you heal up your companions of what you learned in the wilds (able to tame a new healer pet that helps in healing).

Warlock: Either Tanking or Healing. Tanking: Dark Apotheosis Form (or if retconned and lore added, Demon Hunter, but this cuts out possibilities). Healing: Infusing: taking use of curses and drains, the Warlock is now able to transfer life from one creature to another at such a rate that it is now able to heal. Corruption now explodes at the end of the duration, healing for X amount in yard. Has a basic heal. Using "harvest" life (the old talent) he is able to aoe heal while also draining some of his enemies life and enhancing it. Gains a new healing Demon. >.> honestly, I find it more fun to create a healing spec based around this than Dark Apotheosis, as Dark Apotheosis is basically demo with a cd needing to be used.

Finally: Rogue: Tank: Ninja/swashbuckler/brawler/w.e.: Using his agility and his tricks, he is able to tank. An evasion tank similar to monk and druid.

Deleted
    Thing is, I recall Blizzard saying they would make a few more expansions, more like 2-3, and I see Sargeras and stopping the Legion once and for all to be the last xpac, so are they really going to make a legion expac without defeating Sargeras, then something else, and then ANOTHER legion expac?

Thats why I see it more likely that we will have a TDB Azshara/Nzoth expac, and THEN Legion.

Mind you, Wrathion did a helluva lot of foreshadowing, as well as the Burdens of Shaohao. In any case, I like both themes, and I am very excited for BlizzCon.

- - - Updated - - -

And I can't believe people still want a Demon Class even with everything speaking against it. Dragonsworn sounds way cooler anyway.

Deleted
    Flying mounts unlocked after completing the quest areas for the first time.