Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sounds pretty legit (no jk)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Sounds pretty legit (no jk)
    Honestly, at this point, I kinda dig the concept, still think it's fake, though. I don't think they are going to make another expansion be so orc-centric, and have Garrosh be the main antagonist. Which is another thing. The original "leak" talked about Grom being the main antagonist, yet now all of a sudden it's another Garrosh expansion. And with things like the Iron Horde, it feels like he's trying too hard. Iron Horde was just the name of a texture, it's a terrible name for a group.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-11-05 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    No way. All that stuff about Shattrath and the Black Temple sounds like he is trying to combine that weird chinese "leak" with it.
    Yeah. so basically... this is my composite of all the rumour mill has to offer right now:

That "Thing" that MoP was to set up for a future expansion was some kind of timeless mist powered artifact with which Garrosh creates an alternate past Draenor (that I have no reason to give a crap about). And after his "True" horde endeavor failed he makes the Iron Horde, which is actually the truer horde.

On the side Wrathion steals the dragon soul and gets us to kill Alternate universe Deathwing, so that he can become the Earthwarder.

And there's whisperings of the infinite dragonflight, but they don't actually make an appearance.

And the Draenei are all booted off the planet. So 90% of Draenor's inhabitants are now Orcs.

-No Legion
    -No Infinite flight
    -Maybe some Skexxis, I mean... Arakkoa on the side and some cat people that Blizzard made up just now.

And Garrosh's end game is to go and invade the alternate universe Azeroth (Which again, I don't see why I should give a crap about it).

The scary part is, I could actually picture Blizzard coming up with a terribad story like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

The scary part is, I could actually picture Blizzard coming up with a terribad story like that.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-11-05 at 06:51 AM.

I don't mind to replay the First and the Second war though. Opening of the Dark Portal from the other side..sounds cool.

I just tried to create a thread in regards to some information i found, however it was closed in an instant and i was redirected here. I'll be copy-pasting the post here.

For the past couple of days, there has been countless troll-posts referring to Warlords of Draenor, as it was trademarked by Blizzard in New Zealand. People have made up stories and theories and posed them as "leaks" by providing "evidence" in the likes of blurred images that were meant to be slides from Blizzcon, as well as images of characters customization of multiple races.

Most of these posts are of course entirely made-up or photoshopped, however, over the past couple of hours there has been a few legitimate leaks and hints that made me quite confident in the expansion name and theme. This is my personal opinion, but i consider this strong evidence under the circumstances.

A few hours ago, as i said, a post appeared on the "Scrolls of Lore"-forums. The thread can be found here: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...14234&page=189

Apparently, on page 177 there was a reply from one of the users including a link to information relevant to the expansion. Discussion quickly erupted and the thread got immediate suspicion from countless people. After a short while, the reply was removed, and any related replies giving away information was also removed. If you skim through the pages leading to the final page, 189, you will see heated discussion concerning the "leak"-reply, and a lot of talk about the expansion, people sitting on information as well as potential consequences of leaking this. One of the moderators even goes as far as mentioning he is sitting on info, but won't share it.

There was shortly after created threads here on MMO-Champion, as well as the official WoW-forums. All of these posts were removed in an instant. Threads all over various forums were being removed or closed.

Another strong indicator of the legitimacy of "Warlords of Draenor" is that the name was just trademarked in Europe as well. Source: Can't seem to find the post, be so kind as to provide a link in the comments if anyone finds it. (There are probably multiple posts on this by now)

Here is the text which was leaked on the Scrolls of Lore forums, from the removed reply i mentioned:

No new class or races.

All of this is pre demon blood so no humans with the draenei being the main Alliance force. Garrosh goes back in time and stops his father from drinking the demons blood and Gul'dan is banished. He brings technology from the current time to reinforce the Horde. Ner'zhul uses this and rises to power once more to try and gain Garrosh's trust in the....Iron Horde. The Iron Horde forbids demon magic but it's pretty likely Gul'dan may end up summoning the Legion still even on his own. We get there via the Timewalkers.

I dunno how exactly Garrosh gets to the past yet. But his escape is explained in a upcoming short story with the start being his trial. Garrosh says he regrets nothing while laughing crazily but Anduin still believes he can be redeemed. Baine wants to personally execute Garrosh and Jaina is still her raging self. Eventually it comes to that scene we see in that Timeless Isle quest with Anduin talking to Garrosh. I dunno the rest of the story yet but it's likely Anduin and Zaela help Garrosh escape.

5.5 was to be 2 scenario's showing Garrosh's escape but since they are short on time 5.5 was scrapped for the above story with maybe parts ending up in 6.0. It was also to tie into the Timeless Isle. The ORIGINAL story for the expansion was that Garrosh was banished to Outland but managed to get a artifact of Nozdormu. He used the artifact to summon the great heroes of the Horde and then 're makes' Draenor with the artifact pulling in new landmasses that just tears things up more. This was later scrapped for time travel.

The Alliance start in Shadowmoon and their capital is Karabor which is similar to Terokkar now. Karabor looks like how it does in the TBC trailer with Akama but brighter. The Horde starting zone is a new zone west of Blade's Edge in the Frost Wolf Homelands where their capital is a captured Ogre stronghold city. The zone itself is a tundra.

Netherstorm is Faralon but will be released in a future patch.

Hellfire is a jungle where Garrosh is constructing the Dark Portal so he can invade Azeroth and 'make things right'. Zangar is a sea full of giant mushrooms.

Shattrath is taken over by the Iron Horde and is a raid along with Auchindoun being a dungeon/raid. The other raids are The Blackrock Clan Citadel and a Ogre Stronghold.

The first dungeon is in the Horde starting zone and is a Ogre Dungeon Cave where we rescue slaves.

The zone south of Terrokkar is the capital of the Arrakoa and is where their palace is located. It's like Terokkar but has a LOT more tree houses and flying Arrakoa. Maybe they end up doing something with their Old God.

There's some new tiger race as well but no details.

The Iron Horde has dominated the Gronn and uses them as giant siege mounts similar to the mammoths in LotR.

The 'Warlords' are all the chieftains of the old Horde with Durotan being the only good guy. Some of the main heroes of the expansion are Velen (dunno if its Velen meeting himself or just past Velen), Maarad, Vol'jin, Thrall, Durotan, and some dwarf and tauren.

There's a continent southwest of Draenor which is the homeland of the Ogres.
    Last edited by Swiftzy; 2013-11-05 at 07:01 AM.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

That post might have got a small thing correct and a Blizz mod got trigger happy. I'm not saying it's not true, but imo most of the leak sounds fake. I'm pretty convinced the title is WoD at this point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    I just tried to create a thread in regards to some information i found, however it was closed in an instant and i was redirected here. I'll be copy-pasting the post here.
    Re-used land and re-hashed content? Sounds like Blizz and the most plausible of any 'leaked' content so far. It does bring back "Outland" content which people have been yearning for since that expansion ended. Although I'm not sure why they would make Garrosh a bad guy for a 2nd expansion in a row...

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    Although I'm not sure why they would make Garrosh a bad guy for a 2nd expansion in a row...
    That's the part that really makes me think this is all BS. There's absolutely no way Garrosh is going to be the main bad guy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    That's the part that really makes me think this is all BS. There's absolutely no way Garrosh is going to be the main bad guy again.
    Don't forget the mention about Deathwing.

Maybe after Wrathion kills Deathwing Garrosh will steal the elementium spine from his caracass and then we'll get to fight Garrosh in a whole new way.

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    After reading the post a few rows up, that's what I wanted to write. There's no way that Blizzard will have the same villain twice in a row. Maybe if Garrosh was the instigator, but he would get disposed of pretty early in the expansion, if not even in a pre-expansion event/scenario.

I hope all these time travel stuff is BS. Going back to try to rehash old lore is just lazy on Blizzard's part and although it's a compelling storyline that all warcraft fans like, I still think it's just a way to buy time. In a TV series or a movie, when they go back in time, they usually just have no new content to show or the new content is inferior to the new one.

But sadly, with all these pre-Blizzcon/pre-expansion threads, they contain a shred of truth covered in tons of speculation. So brace yourselves brothers, we're going back in time with Garrosh!

Maybe after Wrathion kills Deathwing Garrosh will steal the elementium spine from his caracass and then we'll get to fight Garrosh in a whole new way.
    Uh yea...and also. The first sentence. Draenei being main alliance force?

Afaik only the outside was elementium .
    But yeah, another orc expansion is a big no-no, there is no way anyone working at blizzard with a grain of good judgement would allow for such a thing to happen, especially when the alliance playerbase complained since cata. Making an expansion that could also be named "G&G - Goe'el and Garrosh - Resolving of Daddy Issues" sounds so terrible.. hack as much as I hate him, I doubt even Kotik would allow such a major failure to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Uh yea...and also. The first sentence. Draenei being main alliance force?
    I could see this being plausible. People have complained about the lack of Draenei storylines/lore/involvement since BC (even then it wasn't the best).

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    I could see this being plausible. People have complained about the lack of Draenei storylines/lore/involvement since BC (even then it wasn't the best).
    I took a shortcut. I was referring to the whole sentence.

"All of this is pre demon blood so no humans with the draenei being the main Alliance force"

Huh?

Deleted
    actually it sound really cool, for the first time we would had direct continuation of the story in next expansion, and hell it was pretty obvius that Garrosh story is not done yet, otherwise we would kill him in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Afaik only the outside was elementium .
    But yeah, another orc expansion is a big no-no, there is no way anyone working at blizzard with a grain of good judgement would allow for such a thing to happen, especially when the alliance playerbase complained since cata. Making an expansion that could also be named "G&G - Goe'el and Garrosh - Resolving of Daddy Issues" sounds so terrible.. hack as much as I hate him, I doubt even Kotik would allow such a major failure to exist.
    The problem is, I distinctly remember Blizzard telling us that MoP was there to establish some lore for the next expansion. People were like "OMG Maybe the Sha have to do with the old gods." and well they did establish that, but then they also had Garrosh drink all the magical healing juice out of Y'Shaarj's heart, effectivley killing off Y'Shaarj and then of course we didn't kill Garrosh... And now we found a magical mist powered island shaped time machine.

There's almost nowhere they can go with any of that. Either Garrosh is going to escape into time, or they are just going to completely abandon everything they finished establishing in MoP. The worst part is, I love fighting mega baddies. Illidan, Kil'Jaeden, The Lich King, Death freakin wing. And Garrosh using the heart of an old god as a weapon, yeah, I'd say that makes him a mega baddy.

But the heart is gone. Next time we face Garrosh the normal orc. YAWN.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    actually it sound really cool, for the first time we would had direct continuation of the story in next expansion, and hell it was pretty obvius that Garrosh story is not done yet, otherwise we would kill him in the raid.
    That's the part that pisses me off. Being sold an incomplete story. TBC Was sold with the Illidan story. That story was finished well before the xpac was over. WoTLK sold us the Arthas story, which we concluded right at the end. Cataclysm sold us the Deathwing/Hour of Twilight story. Which we concluded, albeit in an anticlimactic spine tickling chin punching manner.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-11-05 at 07:37 AM.

Don't forget about the Gnomes, 'they will be happy'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless he finds the Sketh'lon Old God under Draenor, kills it to absorb all the power of a living Old God and that's why in TBC the Dark Enclave needed to summon it back into the material realm!! It's flawless.

The heart is gone.

Is the Old God gone?