Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's there to do for the next several months?

I fail to see any major reason to continue playing with no new content expected for the next 9-12 months.

I have done SoO so many times that I'm already sick of it. Ditto to the timeless isle.

There is so little content available at this point?

Does Blizz expect people to just stay subbed and continue clearing the current raid for months and months?
    Do people actually have fun doing this?
    I imagine hardcore players do and those who consider WoW a hobby but what about everyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit and come back
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    I fail to see any major reason to continue playing with no new content expected for the next 9-12 months.

I have done SoO so many times that I'm already sick of it. Ditto to the timeless isle.

Does Blizz expect people to just stay subbed and continue clearing the current raid for months and months?
    I imagine hardcore players do and those who consider WoW a hobby but what about everyone else?
    Welcome to the next expansion waiting room! lets just hope it doesnt take as long as cataclysm, we did ICC so many times that everyone knew the quotes of all bosses

Who says there wont be any content for 9-12 months? No one did. Blizzard wants to get WoD before Winter and they don't want another DS/ICC. They have all their resources working on the expansion.. I'm personally expecting a closed beta just after new years and it should be out around March/April.
    Last edited by -Cynical-; 2013-11-15 at 04:59 AM.

9-12 months, seriously? How did you come to that logic with no future update and subs dropping fast? Blizzard thought - yeah we are losing subs like never before, let's take one year to release the expansion but this time - no additional content for 9-12 months.

I guess you could do challenge modes if you haven't already done them. Finish leveling those characters you want in case you want to switch mains, gear them out on the timeless isle. Finish up some raid achievements (if you raid) or level up some battle pets. Maybe start playing the AH a little bit to make a little gold before the next xpac. Finish another legendary cloak, or finish your first one. Grind out some old reps, or level some professions.

Or quit and come back a little bit before the next expansion.

Play another thing, work, eat and sleep

Unsubscribe. Most people will. I did as soon as I killed hellscream because there is no point in gearing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Who says there wont be any content for 9-12 months? No one did. Blizzard wants to get WoD before Winter and they don't want another DS/ICC. They have all their resources working on the expansion.. I'm personally expecting a closed beta just after new years and it should be out around March/April.
    Well blizzard said that another patch would delay WoD so I'm sure we won't get anymore before launch
    Member of the "I'm happy with no flying" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post

To be honest, the majority of players are returning right now to get caught up (me included). I've ran into a ton people that are returning in preparation for WoD, so for them (and myself) there's a lot of catching up to do.

I totally can see the wait to do something new, but they did say they wanted to hit something "earlier than the projected summer launch" so hopefully it won't be too much waiting. I remember the wait from LK -> Cataclysm and that sucked

Maybe level achievements, get everything prepped and ready for WoD?

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

i shall consider gazing upon the sun

Open achievement pane.

Pet tab. Mount tab.

Roll an alt.

That's what I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    9-12 months, seriously? How did you come to that logic with no future update and subs dropping fast? Blizzard thought - yeah we are losing subs like never before, let's take one year to release the expansion but this time - no additional content for 9-12 months.
    I'm not sure where people are getting this 9-12 month estimate - can you link a source?
    They are not producing any content for MoP, and mentioned in interviews they hope to hit earlier than the project summer launch date. If they have their entire team working on an expansion exclusively, I can't imagine it taking an entire year. Just saying. Not sure where this exaggerated date is from, but again, would love a source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    This makes sense^

I don't think a lot of people realize, this is just an expansion. Blizzard has done 4 of them, and completely understand the scope, timing and beta testing for it. I honestly expect this to come out pretty quick, they are a very efficient team but put quality first. April/May would be realistic.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

I'm just going to get 5 of my alts to level 90, and max out their professions. Make some gold, farm some Transmog gear, do Pet Battles. Achievements. Lots to do for me!
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

I guess you could do challenge modes if you haven't already done them.

Play other games if you're bored with wow.

My suggestion is to play Runecape until the expansion is released.

...Play the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Upgrade your farm.

Nah fuck that.

Level alts. Who knows, maybe they'll matter in the Garrison thing and if they don't, level tradeskills.

you do know the percentage of players that have completed SoO right . My guild hasn't even started normal yet , and neither have most on my realm ( less than 50 of the 1410 guilds on the server have downed 1 boss ) .

If I was like you and completed the raid though I would be ( and will be doing these anyway as we raid once a week if we are lucky ):
    1) getting all my tradies up to 90 in prep for next expansion ( my alts are my mains tradies , they exist only to provide their professions )
    2) gathering as much gold to get me a head start next expansion as possible ( particularly if the garrison upgrades cost as much as rumoured)I spent well over 300k this expansion
    3) getting all the achievements I possibly can
    4) working with my guildies to get the GUILD as many achievements as we can
    5) soloing old stuff for mounts and pets
    6) brawlers guild
    7) try some battlegrounds for a change
    8) challenge modes