Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    9% is quite shit indeed. Even a heirloom gives more exp, and a heirloom is permanent. That lasts.. what.. 2 days?

How does a level 90 player that does not want alts benefit from it? At least give us a title so we can get rid of those Jenkins, a few gift boxes that can contain a mount, a pet, consumables or transmog gear which can be traded. Shame that Blizzard does not appreciate their players as much as those other games' devs do. But perhaps they will one day when subs drop below 2 mil c:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I honestly prefer that they spend all their time on the expansion, rather than delaying it with some trivial mount/pet that everyone will have and no one will use.
    Creating an in-game event does take some time..And as they said, any additional content they make will make the waiting time for WoD longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    Wow 8th year anniversary

-Messed up the year and gave the exact same message as the 7th year anniversary.
    -xp boost 8%

Wow 9th Year anniversary

-xp 9% boost
    Hang on they got the message right this time? Things are looking up!

10+ Year Old Account
    That Guild Wars information is SO off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    That Guild Wars information is SO off.
    only got my info from homepages of each game through their archives

A FoS is good enough for me.

Keep complaining, you just look greedy.

We have gotten 2 items for their anniversary so far. On year 4 and year 5. Based on what they said about only wanting it on important years, year 4 was the oddity. Every 5 years make sense, every year doesn't.

Also, the thing about the wrong letter was because we had literally just entered pandaria. The most recent major and canon event was Deathwing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    9% is quite shit indeed. Even a heirloom gives more exp, and a heirloom is permanent. That lasts.. what.. 2 days?

How does a level 90 player that does not want alts benefit from it? At least give us a title so we can get rid of those Jenkins, a few gift boxes that can contain a mount, a pet, consumables or transmog gear which can be traded. Shame that Blizzard does not appreciate their players as much as those other games' devs do. But perhaps they will one day when subs drop below 2 mil c:
    Yea its a shame Blizzard doesnt kiss ass like they do.

And really? a box that has multiple possibilities? That would spark more rage than nothing. While 90% exp would have been much much better, stop complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    There are some games that use the anniversary as one of their "holiday events", much like WoW has midsummer, hallows end, and other stuff like that. WoW has plenty of holiday events, their anniversary just isn't one of them. 8 and 9 aren't really milestone years anyways. 5th anniversary we got onyxia remade with completely new gear and stuff, that was fairly major. Sure they COULD throw a bunch of free stuff at people, but why really? If its the same for the 10th anniversary and we get next to nothing, I will agree with you. That's a pretty major one.
    Yeah and... Wait, 60 devisaurs raiding UC? o.o got to see that!

Well, at the 10000 Anniversary we'll have skyrocketing leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every year I get my hopes up that we'll get something like a pet or a mount and every year I'm disappointed. I don't understand why they gave out the Blizzard Bear and the Onyxia pet but have yet to give us anything since.

I like the little things too. It's a shame that things like the anniversary and holiday additions ([year] souvenir mug) are almost non-existent. Was shocked that there was actually a new pet for Day of the Dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a pet this year? =(

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Yea its a shame Blizzard doesnt kiss ass like they do.
    LOL really.

Here is the one major thing small mmo's have over one that is as huge as WOW when it comes to the player base. The other MMO's care and work to keep the players they have and they show how much they care by adding new events and thanking everyone with gifts and shit at each birthday.

Blizzard/World Of Warcraft has gotten to big and they only care about money and nothing else. It gets so annoying to hear blizzard say "We can't do XXX because of time" when blizzard makes money hand over fist.

If they wanted a bigger dev team they could do it and it would barely effect there income and yet each year all holiday events are the same and for the past 3 years or so the anniversary is shit.

Blizzard wants to spend as little money as possable and keep there playerbase.....

The other mmo's are not kissing ass its just blizzard has gotten greedy and lazy. The fact they rather add Tmog gear and pets to the cash shop and not do something for the anniversary proves it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You people are just never happy are you?

What were you expecting? We can't have something new and amazing all the time. We have enough mounts and pets and a new one would just drown in them and be forgotten in a few weeks.
    I'm sure they'll do something proper for the big 10.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

It wouldn't be on my top list of bones to pick with blizzard, but if you're going to spend development time making models for the pet store at least give something unique to the faithful subscriber. Especially when the free to play competitors are doing more.

Its these little details that make great marketing for them. If giving a pet, updating a letter or re skinning a stein is no big deal, then why not spend the time to do it right? Ignoring it just make it look like you don't give a crap. And then when someone calls them out on the forums for it, you get a blue going 'just because you got it once doesn't mean you're entitled to it again' paraphrasing but that's pretty much the jist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    LOL really.

Here is the one major thing small mmo's have over one that is as huge as WOW when it comes to the player base. The other MMO's care and work to keep the players they have and they show how much they care by adding new events and thanking everyone with gifts and shit at each birthday.

Blizzard/World Of Warcraft has gotten to big and they only care about money and nothing else. It gets so annoying to hear blizzard say "We can't do XXX because of time" when blizzard makes money hand over fist.

If they wanted a bigger dev team they could do it and it would barely effect there income and yet each year all holiday events are the same and for the past 3 years or so the anniversary is shit.

Blizzard wants to spend as little money as possable and keep there playerbase.....

The other mmo's are not kissing ass its just blizzard has gotten greedy and lazy. The fact they rather add Tmog gear and pets to the cash shop and not do something for the anniversary proves it.
    The other MMOs also have a much smaller playerbase mainly because they appeal to a smaller, more precise group. No matter what Blizzard says or does, at least 1000 people will be unhappy.

Deleted
    I am a little bit disappointed. It didn't even have to be a big thing, just to show they care.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The other MMOs also have a much smaller playerbase mainly because they appeal to a smaller, more precise group. No matter what Blizzard says or does, at least 1000 people will be unhappy.
    No matter what other MMO companys do they will piss off a bunch of people as well but at lease these companys do something anyway.

Sorry but there is no excuse for blizzard to not be able to do something for each anniversary and there is no excuse why they can't add more to holiday events.

But blizzard rather add pets and tmog gear to the store then to give something away for free....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think you play the game for what it is, and when you get surprised by free stuff, it is a pleasant one. You dont have to pay them, you can go play those other games that shower free stuff on players because it is the only way to lure players into the game.

This equates to being married, but being all "you better get me a bigger gift every anniversary, or I am getting a divorce". I am pretty sure Blizzard doesnt care for anyone trying to hold them hostage over something this small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than playing on the offchance of being rewarded for playing on the anniv. day of the game, play the game because you love to play it.

My own opinion; you shouldn't get the anniv. items unless your account has been active since day one. Just saying. What sort of loyalty reward is giving someone who subbed randomly for the items and then unsubs?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.