Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Your feelings for EA aside. All the article was saying is that DICE has so much work that if there is a BF slated for 2014 they couldn't do it.

I've got 16 hours into the game so far and have only had about 5-6 crashes. Sure it might be a little buggy, but it's more than functional.
    Well they do have a lot of games to be released, but I have a feeling they will be more or like BF4 in terms of performance.

16 hours is a fair bit of playtime, bugs have got better, crashes are still often, getting a few server crashes and 1 client crash, today alone, one of the problems me, and a lot of the community have, is the game breaking bugs which are not getting any attention at all.

Crashes are still way to often, while a lot less then before, still 10 times more then is acceptable.
    Rev bug?
    Let's not get started on netcode.
    800mb patch to remove a visual distortion effect, i'm still getting 1 shot head glitch.

I could list the bugs there are in the game all day, luckily, someone did it for me.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5220092808497/

Look at the patch notes, they fix like 3-4 things in 1 patch, which takes a few weeks. You might think some of these issues are small things, and you would be right, but it's effecting the overall game play experience. Like been forced to run 70 FoV because it's bugged atm and running a lower FoV gives you a zoom effect when ADS.

i just hope EA go bankrupt soon so they stop messing up games. I love BF series all the way back to 1942, but this shit they are pulling now is completely throwing me off playing the game. crashes, shit not updating, random black screen ending up kicking u, textures, hit registration, etc, its ridiculous.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Well they do have a lot of games to be released, but I have a feeling they will be more or like BF4 in terms of performance.

16 hours is a fair bit of playtime, bugs have got better, crashes are still often, getting a few server crashes and 1 client crash, today alone, one of the problems me, and a lot of the community have, is the game breaking bugs which are not getting any attention at all.

Crashes are still way to often, while a lot less then before, still 10 times more then is acceptable.
    Rev bug?
    Let's not get started on netcode.
    800mb patch to remove a visual distortion effect, i'm still getting 1 shot head glitch.

I could list the bugs there are in the game all day, luckily, someone did it for me.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5220092808497/

Look at the patch notes, they fix like 3-4 things in 1 patch, which takes a few weeks. You might think some of these issues are small things, and you would be right, but it's effecting the overall game play experience. Like been forced to run 70 FoV because it's bugged atm and running a lower FoV gives you a zoom effect when ADS.

I'm not saying it isn't buggy. Maybe I don't play it enough, but so far the only thing that has effected my game play in any way is the crashes. Yes they are annoying and yes I want them fixed asap just like others.

I do have to ask though. Why would you want to play at 70 Fov? Or lower for that matter? Isn't 80-90 the preferred setting?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    I do have to ask though. Why would you want to play at 70 Fov? Or lower for that matter? Isn't 80-90 the preferred setting?
    60 FoV : http://i.imgur.com/WpsY31l.png

120 FoV : http://i.imgur.com/59sCOIw.png

Look on youtube for the videos also.

*edit* http://imgur.com/a/8aLqo this links shows clearly what is wrong with the FoV.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-12-08 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    60 FoV : http://i.imgur.com/WpsY31l.png

120 FoV : http://i.imgur.com/59sCOIw.png

Look on youtube for the videos also.

*edit* http://imgur.com/a/8aLqo this links shows clearly what is wrong with the FoV.
    Those pictures looks horrible. For some reason though it doesn't seem as bad in game to me. I get the "fisheye" effect which I thought was normal (I've always noticed it in any game where I can change FoV) But I also use a scope which seems to have it's own FoV setting.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I can't even play this game anymore, I dunno what it is but I get no joy out of it. I think it's EA and what happened/is happening. I have not seen anything good about EA for a long time and it terrifies me because I am looking forward to playing Titanfall. But knowing that EA has their hand in that just like they do with the Battlefield series just takes away any joy I feel for either game.

I think it came to a head for me when I talked to customer support 5 days after release with absolutely no comment from DICE or EA about the terrible launch...that had seen no improvement 5 days in. I had about a 60% quit rate at that time because I couldn't finish a game. They told me they hadn't received any complaints about BF4 (blatant lie) and that the crashing was my ISP's fault (LOOOOOOOL). To top it off s/he told me that I was ineligible for a refund because I was past the 24 hour point...utter bull sh...

People say oh why ask for a refund,you would just buy it again later. At the state the game is currently, even with better stability I would not have bought the game again. I also didn't buy premium this time, which for me is a big deal because I have loved every BF game I have played but I just couldn't justify buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a long time of waiting for things to get better I tried BF4 with a friend some day ago. I only played for two hours before I ragequitted (FPS games do that) but in that time I didn't experience any major bug that interfered with my gaming experience, nor did I crash a single time. My friend, though, had his PC reboot itself between every other match. Mad stuff. His PC is also better than mine is. o.O
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I think it came to a head for me when I talked to customer support 5 days after release with absolutely no comment from DICE or EA about the terrible launch...that had seen no improvement 5 days in. I had about a 60% quit rate at that time because I couldn't finish a game. They told me they hadn't received any complaints about BF4 (blatant lie) and that the crashing was my ISP's fault (LOOOOOOOL). To top it off s/he told me that I was ineligible for a refund because I was past the 24 hour point...utter bull sh...

People say oh why ask for a refund,you would just buy it again later. At the state the game is currently, even with better stability I would not have bought the game again. I also didn't buy premium this time, which for me is a big deal because I have loved every BF game I have played but I just couldn't justify buying it.
    Honestly, games companies need to have some sort of rules in place. Games companies know at the moment that they can get away with pretty much anything because once they have your money, there's really nothing you can do about it if the product is a total shit fest like BF4 was, and arguably still is. If it was ANY other product I could take it back to the store, and 9 times out of 10, I would get a refund, or at the very least, a product that is similar and is working as it should.

Customers need some protection here, some sort of return policy, that voids the BS DRM that seems to act as a protection from this. If the game does not run as intended, and the customer can provide enough proof of it (personal proof) then a full refund SHOULD be issued, even if the game was bought from 3rd party, at the end of the day, They put the game out in this state, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it just because another retailer sold it.

You can get your money back if you do a charge back.

But your Origin account will be perma banned if you do. Companies hate it when you do charge backs, they don't want your business anymore if you do one.

But it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    You can get your money back if you do a charge back.

But your Origin account will be perma banned if you do. Companies hate it when you do charge backs, they don't want your business anymore if you do one.

But it's an option.
    But Origin officially refunds, no?

“The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund – within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game’s release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first).”

“If something doesn’t work out – you aren’t riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn’t play well with your video card – we’ve got your back.”

Steam will lose me as a customer if they won't change their rules next year. With growing number of broken games each year they have to change. (Sorry for off-topic)
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2013-12-08 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, games companies need to have some sort of rules in place. Games companies know at the moment that they can get away with pretty much anything because once they have your money, there's really nothing you can do about it if the product is a total shit fest like BF4 was, and arguably still is. If it was ANY other product I could take it back to the store, and 9 times out of 10, I would get a refund, or at the very least, a product that is similar and is working as it should.

Customers need some protection here, some sort of return policy, that voids the BS DRM that seems to act as a protection from this. If the game does not run as intended, and the customer can provide enough proof of it (personal proof) then a full refund SHOULD be issued, even if the game was bought from 3rd party, at the end of the day, They put the game out in this state, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it just because another retailer sold it.

Your going to hate me for saying this, but it needs to be said.

There is consumer protection for things like this. It's called reviews, there are 1000's of places you can go for information on a game. Stop rushing to buy something because "Oh shiny!!!!!" let others buy it the first week and see how it works.

Really, in the end it is called being a smart consumer.

Welp, bought BF4 this week on a discount. 1 hour played and I get my first freeze, is the 64-bit client unstable or something?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Welp, bought BF4 this week on a discount. 1 hour played and I get my first freeze, is the 64-bit client unstable or something?
    no the game has a lot of crashes and bugs, but Dice did say, it is their main focus before any other expansion comes out. they have fixed a bunch of the crashing issues but there still are many. It just sucks that it takes a lot of time fixing those issues. You have to test, try to constantly repeat the issues so you can narrow down why the crash is taking place, develop a fix, retest it, so and so on before anything can be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    http://kotaku.com/if-there-is-a-batt...dic-1478021779

Is it the end for a legendary series?

(Oh oh, I almost forgot that DICE is working on Star Wars: Battlefront. Look's like I'll be changing major fps series next year)
    Them toggling different projects will be great for the team. Battlefield -> Mirror's Edge -> Battlefront -> Battlefield. If they can manage something like this, I think it'll better for them long term.

There is consumer protection for things like this. It's called reviews, there are 1000's of places you can go for information on a game. Stop rushing to buy something because "Oh shiny!!!!!" let others buy it the first week and see how it works.

I don't necessarily think you aren't being smart for pre-ordering. I don't think I am going to do it anymore because I agree with a lot of people that now it seems like pre-orders are just funding an unfinished game. And most pre-order bonuses are just lobbed off pieces of the game that they sell you as "extra".

I can understand it being an unwise move for smaller organizations but a game like Battlefield, you should know what you are getting. Most big companies know how an extremely large release works. You shouldn't have to expect the worst. I am a sysadmin so I know how horrible things can go during a go-live but a week or more like in Battlefields case where the game is almost unplayable for most people (I'm talking about before most fixes went in weeks after release) is something I have never seen before, because for me we would be met with MAAAAASSIVE fines for that shit.

Indeed, everything you say regarding preorders and reviews are correct. However, if you buy a product that does not function you are entitled to a refund, either full or partial regarding the severity of it. Many European countries have such customer protection laws in place and for a good reason. Game companies have been trying to avoid having to take part in such and even more vigorously now that the push to digital has mostly happened. They however are not any more relieved from those laws and if you pursue for them and don't live in a shit country you will probably get your way. Assuming the product doesn't function as advertised, that is.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    We (I and my friend squad since 2011) already quit BF, that alone should tell you something about the terrble state the game is in atm. Cant say anything about console versions, I heard they fared better than us PC

I don't necessarily think you aren't being smart for pre-ordering. I don't think I am going to do it anymore because I agree with a lot of people that now it seems like pre-orders are just funding an unfinished game. And most pre-order bonuses are just lobbed off pieces of the game that they sell you as "extra".

I can understand it being an unwise move for smaller organizations but a game like Battlefield, you should know what you are getting. Most big companies know how an extremely large release works. You shouldn't have to expect the worst. I am a sysadmin so I know how horrible things can go during a go-live but a week or more like in Battlefields case where the game is almost unplayable for most people (I'm talking about before most fixes went in weeks after release) is something I have never seen before, because for me we would be met with MAAAAASSIVE fines for that shit.
    AAA games shouldnt be that bad on release - its not like we are buying alpha version of indie games on Steam knowingly. I pre ordered BF4 fully expecting bugs, but it has been almost 2 months and the game is still unplayable for me (100% crash rate on Shanghai, on a rainy day my client crashes/frozen like 3 times in 25 mins, etc.). Its simply unacceptable, I ve given up on BF4 and I'm glad I didnt shell out $50 for premium.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2013-12-09 at 03:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To add to the list of problems, now getting fps issues in game. Got a 690 and had no problems in terms of fps until recently, only affects bf4.

I love the game, except for the part where I have a 24% win percentage. I mean, I get that it's just random luck and all, but when you go 10-15 matches in a day and lose every single one, it gets infuriating. The only reason I have 24% is because of 10 or so wins on my first day. As of the past week, I've only won 3 total. I guess I'm a statistical miracle, in the worst way.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted

Tbh, reviews don't really tell much, it's been known for years that publisher will often slide money in a reviewers way in order for good reviews, look at the entire CoD series, is slated with good reviews across the board, but when any other game repeats the same shenanigans, they get hit with a 10 ton brick. Reviewers will often avoid things too, like when it was found out EA pushed BF4 out before it was close to been finished just to be ahead of CoD:Ghosts, If i had known this before hand, I would have cancelled my pre-order, way in advanced.

And to top that off, they go fuck over everyone again, Black friday comes around and the game is cut by 50% in value, so all those people that pre-ordered, paid double the price for a sloppy beta, at best. I just do not feel the need to purchase anymore EA games, I've bought 2 this year, and while NFS:Rivals wasn't bad, BF4 has given me such a bad experience that I'm best to just stay away from EA, and hope people follow, if enough people do, maybe they will rethink how they treat their customers.

After all this though, there has been talks about a linux version of bf4? I guess this is due to it's mantle support which we will hopefully get in the next week or so, pretty excited for this though, with value picking up Linux, and now DiCE? Maybe it won't be long till we can finally throw out Windows
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-12-09 at 10:51 AM.