Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Would rather have some playable harpies. Less feathers and can actually fly.
    Well the wings in their arms and the talons in their arms make it difficult to put guantles and any chest piece long enough that cover the arms... :S

There are no male harpies (at least have never appeared, not even lorewise, it have been stated that there are no male harpies but it was in the RPG book and is not canon, so it could be reconnected)

Do you really believe harpies could be a playable race or is just that you prefer harpies over Arakkoa (everyone prefer harpies over arakkoa :P )
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2014-03-15 at 12:42 AM.

I'd doubt it, because the races they choose tend to be centric to that particular expansion.

So, unless it's YET ANOTHER Draenor/Outland based expansion (highly unlikely), I don't see how/why they would do that. Not to mention we'd probably be done with the Aarakoa/Ogres after WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres could, but man... Blizzard just isn't going to have a more perfect opportunity to do it with the theme of WoD. That being said, Ogres I think still have the requisite lore and fan desirability to warrant them a player character slot at some point. It's unlikely though, if they skip them when they had the perfect scenario to do so, it leads me to believe that maybe they don't like them enough to elevate them to PC status.

Birdmen. No, that's just never going to happen now. It would have made sense with WoD. But now that that hasn't happened I just don't think they carry the clout to get a player character slot without such a perfect setting. Basically if they didn't get in with WoD, then they'll never get in.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-03-15 at 03:09 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Ogres could, but man... Blizzard just isn't going to have a more perfect opportunity to do it with the theme of WoD. That being said, Ogres I think still have the requisite lore and fan desirability to warrant them a player character slot at some point. It's unlikely though, if they skip them when they had the perfect scenario to do so, it leads me to believe that maybe they don't like them enough to elevate them to PC status.

Birdmen. No, that's just never going to happen now. It would have made sense with WoD. But now that that hasn't happened I just don't think they carry the clout to get a player character slot without such a perfect setting. Basically if they didn't get in with WoD, then they'll never get in.
    Well we don't know that, we may get see them in another expansion, remenber we saw their "old gods" so is possible to see them in the future after WoD if these is not solved in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    ...and gouge our eyes.
    I'm just imagining an 8ft tall dwarf female. A dwarf male looks like a short ogre if you shave their beards off. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    well, so admins should made subforum for you, northen and Teriz for next two years called "Expansion after WoD"
    where you will be able to write 99999 of threads like:

Ogre continent the most possible next expansion place.
    Arakkoa the most possible new Alliance race.
    Greenwood secret empire of High Elves.
    Calia Queen of Lordaeron.
    Tinker class as the only and the best new class option.
    9999 reasons why Demon Hunter won't be playable race and thats bad idea because tinkers are awesome.

coz I see this becoming another thread when one guy try to force his one and the only right idea because someone said 2 sentences about nothing important.
    I don't see the problem in harmless speculation. If you don't agree with it that's not a problem. Feel free to ignore my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Why not? why would we want another human like race? (green humans, small humans, smaller humans, green small humans, humans with pointy ears and lights in their eyes, humans with pointy ear, lights in their eyes and purple skin... well you get what i mean)
    Everything is better than turning Stormwind into a zoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Everything is better than turning Stormwind into a zoo.
    We only have 3 animal-like races and 10 other human-like races

Note: i'm not counting draneai as animal-like because they don't look at all like an animal, they look like aliens...

heh; if I unsubbed; I'd come back to play as Arakkoa, at least short term. I'd love it if they snuck these two races in for WoD ... it seems to make a hell of a lot of sense. That could be the saving grace for me to actually want to invest in WoD, as for now I'm not sold because I don't care that much about the updated models nor much of what we know so far; in fact, a lot of things make me NOT want to bother.

Ogres would be great for Horde; Arakkoa feels right for Alliance. Make it so.

The Arakkoa as they are in WoD wouldn't be suitable as members of the Alliance, but those lead by Rilak the Redeemed on Outland certainly would.

I'd love for them to be playable, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen or we'd have known about it long ago.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Lorewise its not going to happen at all. Barely any of them left.

If you want to play a High elf play a blood elf.
    Lore wise there are probably more High Elves than Darkspear Trolls or Bloodhoof Tribe Tauren, considering Silvermoon was a sprawling city that had been established for 4000 years, not just a single tribe of trolls, who were almost entirely destroyed by the Sea Wtich, or a nomadic people moving too and fro like the Tauren, who were almist drove to extinction by the Centaur. Saying "A faction doesn't have enough people" doesn't work when there are already factions that have extremely minimal, if not almost extinct, populations.

And no. Alliance already have one horrendous "savage" race that was a proven failure, let's not add more.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    The same way as Goblin where neutral all their lives, there could easily be a group to join, remenber that what we see in game is not the actuall number, just like the HE, that we rarely see HE, most of them are dead or got killed with the time, now is when we are starting to see more HE.

Note: I'm not saying they will, i just say that is not impossible

Except there's far more Bilgewater goblins than renegade Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    And where are you getting that from? The Bilgewater Goblins canonically all fit on a single boat (Although my headcanon is that after the Bilgewater refugees joined the Horde, other members of the cartel that had been of Kezan for the Cataclysm joined up as well.). We have no official numbers on the amount of Arrakoa renegades. Although given the fact that Outland will probably be entirely ignored in favour of Draenor, I expect any playable Arrakoa would be from Draenor (Expect the Arrakoa to be the new Klaxxi).

Deleted
    lol that's like saying 'will pandaren still have anything involved in the lore after mop'? nope

Fuck Ogres, I want Arakkoa for the horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Mok'Nathal (half Orc/Ogres) for Horde and High elves for the Alliance.
    Think about it ,both have similarities with other races but still are different,so its kinda even with both factions.Mok'Nathal are alot like Orcs, just bigger and not green.High elves are Blood elves except they have blue eyes and are not magic crack addicts. If there is only a few players who them,even better since they are less in number lorewise .

They could be included in a "Legion in Outland from Argus" expansion. Alleria and Turalyon returns,Rexxar returns. Alleria leads High elves, Rexxar leads Mok'nathal.
    And maybe Rexxar's dad dies,and he realises that he has to stop wandering and start leading for his people's sake.

Racials for Mok'nathal : Tame pets ,whatever class you are.Not powerful pets ,but minor ones that can help in levelling up or something...
    Racials for High elves : hmm...iv not thought this through : \

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    But that was explained when they came out, so it could easily be explained that there are more Arakkoas, and after what we did in BC to the Arakkoas most became liderless and joined Shattrash

Deleted
    Doubt it. People have been asking for playable Ogres and Arakkoa since TBC hit.

Ogres would be way too big and, if you shrunk them down to Tauren sizes, what's the point in having an Ogre? Would be interesting to see how gear fits on an Arakkoa, might need a bit of a change so that gear fits.

I would quite like the idea of a branch of Arakkoa being saved by Night Elves. Some eggs are rescued that are free from corruption, so we get slightly more humanoid looking Arakkoa that can fit gear, but still look true to being Arakkoa. They join the Alliance with the premise of being a 'new' race that are trying to find themselves in this world. Maybe have one Arakkoa that's already good, who helps you free the other eggs in a Warlords questline, and he then goes on to be the leader of the new Arakkoa. Could work really well I think.

Edit: Could replace Night Elves with the Tauren or Cenarion Circle to get Horde Arakkoa or the same thing with the Pandaren. I'd rather they were on Alliance though because I don't want the Neutral race thing to become common, Horde already got Goblins and kind of deserve a brand new race and to me, an evil race that has just broke from corruption wouldn't want to join the faction that's essentially responsible for what's going on in Draenor.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2014-03-16 at 06:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Unlikely, unprecedented, but not impossible. New races are generally taken from the current expansion, not the previous one. There's nothing stopping them from breaking form on that, but also nothing indicating that they might do so for this instance.

Personally though, I don't have much enthusiasm for playable ogres. Much more of a "check the box on the list and let's get this over with" sort of feeling than a "wow, that would be amazing" feeling.
    Arrakoa and Ogres were staple races of Outland, meaning they also have to be staple races of Draenor, so it wouldn't be 'from a previous expansion' even if they did appear in BC. That being said, lazy Blizz is lazy but maybe by the time WoW has lost another 1.5M subs because they can't ship WoD any sooner than next Christmas, they'll feel compiled to a little add something more.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Arrakoa and Ogres were staple races of Outland, meaning they also have to be staple races of Draenor, so it wouldn't be 'from a previous expansion' even if they did appear in BC. That being said, lazy Blizz is lazy but maybe by the time WoW has lost another 1.5M subs because they can't ship WoD any sooner than next Christmas, they'll feel compiled to a little add something more.
    We don't need any more fucking races.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi