Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    On a related subject, and purely out of curiosity, why is it okay for raiders to get some of the best non-raiding gear, but not the other way around?

If non-raiders shouldn't be allowed to get raid gear, raiders shouldn't be allowed to get cool mounts (which they can't use in the vast majority of raids) or heirlooms (which are only used for leveling characters and alts). It's only fair, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they are in 6.0 and will be 100% drop rate for your first one.

if anything it's TOO nice of them
    Except putting something on a ridiculously low drop rate then removing it a year later despite there never being a "challenge" to it aside from the RNG is NOT 'nice', it's stupid.

I am glad they are putting them up to 100% for a few weeks at least for main spec. The lucky specs also seem to forget that other specs get completely wrecked and are unplayable during pre-patches sometimes, doing half the dps they did a week before with no way to recover till the new level cap scaling/perks bring them in line.

The reveal that bad luck protection didn't exist for consecutive heirlooms? BS. Not bothering to even go garrosh flex anymore after discovering my tries weren't accumulating a guaranteed one - and I'm not generally lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except putting something on a ridiculously low drop rate then removing it a year later despite there never being a "challenge" to it aside from the RNG is NOT 'nice', it's stupid.

I am glad they are putting them up to 100% for a few weeks at least for main spec. The lucky specs also seem to forget that other specs get completely wrecked and are unplayable during pre-patches sometimes, doing half the dps they did a week before with no way to recover till the new level cap scaling/perks bring them in line.

The reveal that bad luck protection didn't exist for consecutive heirlooms? BS. Not bothering to even go garrosh flex anymore after discovering my tries weren't accumulating a guaranteed one - and I'm not generally lucky.
    yeah it was pretty BS that there wasn't a fail safe that prevented you from getting two :/

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not getting removed in 6.0 Their drop rate is being increased significantly and on your first kill you have a 100% chance to get an heirloom for the spec you have chosen. AFTER WoD gets released, however, they will be getting removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    They aren't removing content. They are removing loot that you had a year to get. ALso legendarys aren't an issue because they become obsolete when a new xpac drops. Your lvl90 legendary will get blown away by your first blue cape at max level...maybe even before that.
    Loot is content though, just look at all the comments about Corrupted Ashbringer and other items that have been removed from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrahan View Post
    Seeing as how Horde currently can't get Alliance PVP gear for transmog I don't see how #3 is that disconcerting...
    I can agree with this. I wouldn't mind if Horde were able to get transmog versions of Vanilla GM stuff for transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    it's an awful decision in my opinion. having them be a garunteed drop between the pre-expansion patch and the expansion release only slightly mitigates it since that only applies to the class/role of the character. it makes it impossible to obtain heirlooms for characters you haven't levelled and geared high enough yet unless you get ridiculously lucky and have the exact heirloom you need drop as a random chance for a different character
    removing content is NEVER a good thing. if Blizz are worried about them being too easy to obtain (which is ridiculous, why are heirlooms an issue and not legendaries?) then lower the droprate or make them more difficult to obtain somehow but don't remove them completely. there has never in the entire lifespan of WoW been an example of content being removed from the game that hasn't caused a huge negative reaction from the playerbase. why they keep insisting on doing it I simply can't understand
    If it bothers you so much, you have at least 4 or 5 months to level up a new toon and gear it enough to tackle Flex Garrosh and get a 540 heirloom. I can guarantee the heirloom will make little difference in questing. It doesn't give you an XP bonus, and dungeon blues from the same level will probably be equal to them in stats. For me, I won't even be using my heirloom I got because I'm not leveling up as Holy...

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    On a related subject, and purely out of curiosity, why is it okay for raiders to get some of the best non-raiding gear, but not the other way around?

If non-raiders shouldn't be allowed to get raid gear, raiders shouldn't be allowed to get cool mounts (which they can't use in the vast majority of raids) or heirlooms (which are only used for leveling characters and alts). It's only fair, isn't it?
    You aren't serious with this...right? Raiding is the central focus in WoW, and always has been. It's where most of the lore ends up going, it's the focus of a lot of the zones, and it offers the best gear progression system out there. That's why raiders get everything; you get rewarded for completing the primary content of WoW. If you don't like it, go find a game where you can get the best rewards for the minimal effort.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    it's an awful decision in my opinion. having them be a garunteed drop between the pre-expansion patch and the expansion release only slightly mitigates it since that only applies to the class/role of the character. it makes it impossible to obtain heirlooms for characters you haven't levelled and geared high enough yet unless you get ridiculously lucky and have the exact heirloom you need drop as a random chance for a different character
    removing content is NEVER a good thing. if Blizz are worried about them being too easy to obtain (which is ridiculous, why are heirlooms an issue and not legendaries?) then lower the droprate or make them more difficult to obtain somehow but don't remove them completely. there has never in the entire lifespan of WoW been an example of content being removed from the game that hasn't caused a huge negative reaction from the playerbase. why they keep insisting on doing it I simply can't understand
    Having no incentive to do content is never a good thing. Look at what happened when they said CM sets would end, people were running and forming groups out the wazoo.

It has probably been said already, but the reason for them to remove the SOO heirlooms in 6.0 is that they want to force a couple more people to flock back to the game now, when they are facing a huge lull. It's more or less the same idea as preorder - preorder now to get a carrot, because they want you to give them money and register in their books now rather than later - same with the heirlooms: go raid SOO now to get a carrot, because they need you now.

If you have already decided that you are going to play WoD, it's not a bad deal. If you haven't decided yet, due to no flying or whatever, obviously, ignore this "come back now or lose it" nonsense - there'd be no shortage of "come back or lose it" stuff later on, you can't hit them all.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-05-10 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Having no incentive to do content is never a good thing. Look at what happened when they said CM sets would end, people were running and forming groups out the wazoo.
    Do you consider this a good thing? People did them merely so they didn't regret not doing them. Most would not have bothered during this expansion otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I found it odd, but it makes perfect sense to remove them.

Keeping the Heirlooms in will make it feel more compulsory to farm it week in, week out until you get the Heirloom you want, and without it being a guaranteed drop it is rather a punch in the gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    You aren't serious with this...right? Raiding is the central focus in WoW, and always has been. It's where most of the lore ends up going, it's the focus of a lot of the zones, and it offers the best gear progression system out there. That's why raiders get everything; you get rewarded for completing the primary content of WoW. If you don't like it, go find a game where you can get the best rewards for the minimal effort.
    Yes, I'm completely serious.

If you whiny little raiders complain that non-raiders shouldn't be able to get raiding gear, then you raiders shouldn't be the only ones who have access to non-raiding gear. You know, like heirlooms and interesting mounts.

Rationalize it all the fuck you want, but that is what it comes down to. That's what earns all the ire. As if raiders don't already get the best gear. That's reward enough.

Deleted
    WoD completely is about removing, so what do you expect here?

Removing flying, skills, fun from low level, rewards from LFR..

Deleted
    I'm glad, gives people an incentive to raid now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I'm glad, gives people an incentive to raid now.
    Yes, as only a few play raiding content nowadays, as it is the only pve endgame. Right, we need more people to consume that drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Make them purchasable with valor. A large amount of valor. Or shift them to lower droprates (not sure how that is even possible but whatever).

Removing them entirely is disingenuous on the part of Blizzard, especially since they:

1. Are completely tied to RNG with no way to "token" them.
    2. Offer a huge bonus to characters/alts leveling in WoD and most importantly
    3. Are currently the ONLY way that Alliance characters can obtain "classic Horde PVP" weapons for transmog purposes.

#3 is especially disconcerting for people who are really into their xmogs/RP, which granted are a small slice of the population but nonetheless a very vocal and active one. Both #2 and #3 would give people incentive to keep running the content well into WoD, not sure why that is something Blizzard wants to take away.
    Do the Horde have access to "classic Alliance PVP" weapons? Indeed.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

You will have a window to still get them after 6.0. How long that window will remain open is anyones guess, could be a week, a month, or longer. Also you get main spec loom drop 100% after 6.0, and an increase on all other loom drops after that.

Know i plan to farm that on as many toons as possible from now till WoD goes live. What i dont get before 6.0 i will have a better chance to get after its live.

I am assuming since flex is going away at 6.0, that normal will be the 548 drops at that point, heroic will be old normal, and mythic will drop what heroic used to drop. So all versions of them should be available still.

Also, they are not that great. They dont provide a bonus to XP like the 'good' heirlooms do. They simply become a quality of life type thing, so you dont have to grab quest/drop weapons while leveling from 90-100. Which is rather trivial since leveling generally does not last too long and they generally get replaced with end game intro level items quick.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Deleted
    Q: How to make something like flex raiding successfull?
    A: Lure people into it by forcing them if they want something which would speed up leveling because leveling and raiding just are so symbiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

@Blizzard-Devs: Flex will never be as successfull as matchmade content. No matter how much you try to lure people into it. It wont even work if you would add golden calves giving 1000g each as a loot reward to organized raiding.. it will always stay to be a nerd game.

Sorry, Watcher, but thats the truth. Only a few love your organized shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Sorry, Watcher, but thats the truth. Only a few love your organized shit.
    All i see is QQ, go do flex, anyone is capiable of that, it still drops them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    All i see is QQ, go do flex, anyone is capiable of that, it still drops them.
    You mean anyone that has an average ilevel of 560 and 14/14 normal exp? As many raid leaders ask for that in a trade chat grouping up request.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You mean anyone that has an average ilevel of 560 and 14/14 normal exp? As many raid leaders ask for that in a trade chat grouping up request.
    Then make the group yourself.