Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With the 18690 haste suggestion and the new upgrades I can finally beat warlocks on hc garrosh. Feels good... Feels right..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    With the 18690 haste suggestion and the new upgrades I can finally beat warlocks on hc garrosh. Feels good... Feels right..
    Yeah this is what I've been thinking about with the +8 ilvl boost. How does it affect the mixture build? If i used the 14242 > Mastery > Rest at an ilvl around 570 and was happy with that. Is that still the best choice (with the change to mastery=crit above 580) or is 18960 > Mastery>(=)Crit the new mixture build?
    Last edited by mmoc527afa047c; 2014-05-22 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine ever going below 19347 (might as well go up to that one for during meta). But people have their reasons to like 14242 and no amount of analysis can get me to say for sure what the DPS difference even is - so go with whatever you want pretty much, but I'm all about the haste.

Does AMR try to take me to the 12684 haste breakpoint if im using the mastery build values?

Deleted
    Nope, standard AMR settings don't keep breakpoints in mind save hit. It's set like this:

Hit to 15% > Haste > Mastery > Crit

You'd basically end up with the full haste build when following normal AMR settings so if you want it to hold to a breakpoint you'll have to enter it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenics View Post
    Nope, standard AMR settings don't keep breakpoints in mind save hit. It's set like this:

Hit to 15% > Haste > Mastery > Crit

You'd basically end up with the full haste build when following normal AMR settings so if you want it to hold to a breakpoint you'll have to enter it yourself.
    What i meant was when using the custom stat weights tailored to the mastery build

Deleted
    About:

5.4.8 - If you can get above 580 ilvl, crit's value past shatter cap increases. Consider making its stat weight equal to whichever your second stat is (i.e. if you are a haste build, make crit=mastery; if you're mastery build, make crit=haste)

I suppose this should also be valid for 14242 Haste breakpoint build or... ?

I am at ilv579 but with next week valor I will go to 580 (unless something drop this week) and I am kind of interested to try Mastery=Crit (after 14242 Haste).
    And as I have HC WF PBoI it should make this even more interesting now when it go all way to ilv 588 (it is I think 9,7% at ilv588).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
    About:

5.4.8 - If you can get above 580 ilvl, crit's value past shatter cap increases. Consider making its stat weight equal to whichever your second stat is (i.e. if you are a haste build, make crit=mastery; if you're mastery build, make crit=haste)

I suppose this should also be valid for 14242 Haste breakpoint build or... ?

I am at ilv579 but with next week valor I will go to 580 (unless something drop this week) and I am kind of interested to try Mastery=Crit (after 14242 Haste).
    And as I have HC WF PBoI it should make this even more interesting now when it go all way to ilv 588 (it is I think 9,7% at ilv588).
    I'm just not sure, these item levels are absolutely ridiculous with 9.7% amp and our overall stats. Fights themselves change too, are shorter, less adds uptime depending on the fight, etc.

I'm no longer really "supporting" any sub-19347 haste math until I get 19347 and 28406 figured out.

Very impressed with frost's performance in the 4/4 world. Pulled 420k on Malkorok 10H last night @ ilevel 475 (including max upgraded heroic WF Sha Staff) which I was quite pleased with (using 14242 breakpoint right now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Very impressed with frost's performance in the 4/4 world. Pulled 420k on Malkorok 10H last night @ ilevel 475 (including max upgraded heroic WF Sha Staff) which I was quite pleased with (using 14242 breakpoint right now).
    I tried to tell people how well frost scales now :P

Deleted
    This reset I was also very surprised by performance in positive way.
    And on Wednesday raid I actually went with 2/4 HC Gaze of Arrogance (saved 1000 valor in hope WF version will drop).
    As it didn't drop I used those 1000 valor after raid (weapon and legs 4/4) so looking forward to tonight raid to see how it will perform.

hey Akraen currently im at like 16.6k haste with 12k mastery not sure if i should try to reach another breakpoint or should drop that 2k haste tried both ways any suggestions?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...themage/simple

Well i lost about 6.20% mastery to reach the 12684 breakpoint. Is it worth it for mastery build?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oobyplz/simple

Is setting crit=mastery still advised if you are 580+ but using a H non-warforged PBoI (at the 19347 breakpoint)?

going to try the more balanced crit/mastery tonight.

Shame the other specs still scale better at these ilevels, I have the #1 Norushen 25H frost parse (482k) but it's still #58 across all 3 specs.

14242 -> mastery, fwiw.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I have the #1 Norushen 25H frost parse (482k) but it's still #58 across all 3 specs.

14242 -> mastery, fwiw.
    Damn I really need to play frost with the upgrades, ppl are starting to make me look bad
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Shame the other specs still scale better at these ilevels, I have the #1 Norushen 25H frost parse (482k) but it's still #58 across all 3 specs.

14242 -> mastery, fwiw.
    You have absolutely nothing to back up your claim. Is it 2013 again?

Just go to WCL and look up the top 50 mages for every single boss. That old familiar lack of frost in there again. It's not a "not enough people play frost" or "they just got good RNG" issue anymore. Frost scaling is still crap at higher ilevels. The fact that you can stack any of the three secondary stats and get roughly the same results beyond a certain breakpoint should be a clue.

Great and fun spec to play, viable, but at the end of the day still outshone by the other two at the top end.

ed: I also don't even consider 10-man anymore, as most of the better 10-man guilds have gone 25-man so the 25 man format is where more of the better players are now.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2014-05-28 at 01:01 PM.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor