Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a post somewhere ont he last 2 pages saying that they expect only WOD items will change depending on spec, so don't count on it juve-y
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Theres a post somewhere ont he last 2 pages saying that they expect only WOD items will change depending on spec, so don't count on it juve-y
    Hmm I though I saw a picture showing the Intel/Agil in the tooltip but now I'm not sure if it was a SoO or WoD item >.<

Any changes for 5.4.8 with the new item upgrades?

I created the following BiS list through AMR/lots of individual changes and wrathcalcs. What do you guys think of it?

http://i.imgur.com/wN0euXT.png

Stats (FROM GEAR!):

Intellect: 30466

Hit: 14.94%

Haste: 10321

Crit: 15661

Mastery: 13698

Gems:

Red: 8 Crafty, 4 Potent

Yellow: 6 Smooth

Blue: 1 Misty

This BiS List assumes short fights, and just plain ranking on the average fight. Not really worried about low crit levels for fights like Paragons and Garrosh.

no reason to be using that many expertise gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    no reason to be using that many expertise gems.
    Do you have a better reforge/gem option? I found this maximized my crit/mastery while only sacrificing a little bit of int. (I assumed that 2 Mastery/Crit was > 1 Int)

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    Do you have a better reforge/gem option? I found this maximized my crit/mastery while only sacrificing a little bit of int. (I assumed that 2 Mastery/Crit was > 1 Int)
    it is you can look at page 1 for apprx. stat weights. surprised you didnt have issues with hit cap tho. Did you sim it or compare talents? I can't find the thread where people are talking about extremely short fights and burst, but I don't see why people haven't considered DoC more seriously if they have sub 3min kills, especially on stuff like Immerseus.

I'll try to import a list later, but I've had issues with wrathcalcs lately importing gearsets from armory or wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    it is you can look at page 1 for apprx. stat weights. surprised you didnt have issues with hit cap tho. Did you sim it or compare talents? I can't find the thread where people are talking about extremely short fights and burst, but I don't see why people haven't considered DoC more seriously if they have sub 3min kills, especially on stuff like Immerseus.

I'll try to import a list later, but I've had issues with wrathcalcs lately importing gearsets from armory or wowhead.
    I used HoTW and Incarn for talents. As for DoC, I don't really like the playstyle of casting HT/I always forget about it, even with a Huge WA on my screen, lol.

I've been having the same issues w/ wrathcalcs so I just input everything manually.

Hit cap is generally easy to hit, I let AMR optimize close to it, then just play around with it from there. A lot easier than starting from scratch.

I haven't done extensive simming (mainly wrathcalcs and AMR because it's faster/easier). This is mainly a rough draft of what 5.4.8 BiS could look like. Going to tweak it every few days if I find time. Would be good to get some input from others, since slippy said he's most likely not going to be remaking a BiS list for 5.4.8

DoC has always been the "superior" talent, dps wise. Its just pain in the ass to use and personally i cant bother with it before i have bis gear (Bis = personal preference, which happens to have the same items as Druidboiis just a little different reforges)

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    DoC has always been the "superior" talent, dps wise. Its just pain in the ass to use and personally i cant bother with it before i have bis gear (Bis = personal preference, which happens to have the same items as Druidboiis just a little different reforges)

DoC being a pain in the ass is an understatement...

As for your reforges, what exactly are they?

Just swap Laser-Slice Signet to Spirit->Mastery, Going with a bit more mastery due to very short fight durations (and i find 42% crit to be enough for me)

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're not maxing crit anymore, do we need the juggy ring? wouldn't it make sense to get one with hit on instead for 6.0 ?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Just swap Laser-Slice Signet to Spirit->Mastery, Going with a bit more mastery due to very short fight durations (and i find 42% crit to be enough for me)
    Ah, the only thing I dislike about this BiS list is that I'm now competing with everyone and their mother for Kardris' Scepter :/

As for the reforge, I like the ~15500 range, been using it ever since I switched to Boomkin. Provides plenty of proc's for movement on Paragons and Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    If we're not maxing crit anymore, do we need the juggy ring? wouldn't it make sense to get one with hit on instead for 6.0 ?
    Crit is still slightly better than Mastery, so it's good to gem for it. As for gear I let the mastery just come from static gear bonuses, and reforge/regem for the crit that I want.

Deleted

Do you find that Nature's Vigil seems to be slightly better since most fights are now really short? I've switched to a more mastery based build lowering crit to around 42% recently which seems a nice value in real terms. Dummy's are giving me roughly equal damage between HoTW and NV but NV seems to be slightly better over a 3-6 minute fight with the added benefit that you can take a few more risks in terms of incoming damage to maximise your dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadEarz View Post
    Do you find that Nature's Vigil seems to be slightly better since most fights are now really short? I've switched to a more mastery based build lowering crit to around 42% recently which seems a nice value in real terms. Dummy's are giving me roughly equal damage between HoTW and NV but NV seems to be slightly better over a 3-6 minute fight with the added benefit that you can take a few more risks in terms of incoming damage to maximise your dps.
    I may be wrong but I thought NV only pulled ahead in fights less than 3 minutes long; with 3:30 being the IDEAL length for inc/hotw. Most of our fights are 3:30 - 4:30 .. if they lasted 5:00 would NV pull ahead again with that 3rd use vs the static hotw
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Eh, 3:30 would be pretty decent for INC/NV unless i'm missing something? Allows you to use nature's vigil exactly 3 times, beyond that NV gets weaker. NV gets most of his strenght from the pull though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Eh, 3:30 would be pretty decent for INC/NV unless i'm missing something? Allows you to use nature's vigil exactly 3 times, beyond that NV gets weaker. NV gets most of his strenght from the pull though.
    NV is pretty weak on it's own which is why it has been ignored for most of the expansion. The only reason it's starting to become better now is because some fights are pushing into the 2-3 minute rage for some guilds where the opening burst with all procs/cds makes up a larger portion of your overall damage so NV gains value. Fight length to do with how many uses you get means nothing, otherwise people would have been using NV a long, long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post

It's only better for less than 3 minutes because you can get 2 usages out of it, both with Bindings up and your pot.

Deleted
    If you consider NV strongest talent at 3.00 kill time, surely it would also be stronger at 3.30. 3rd use stacking up with CDs + pot is very strong. Why would you think NV lose value if you add another 30 seconds of NV uptime? Seems odd.
    Last edited by mmocf9e5d7d6ab; 2014-06-10 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviled View Post
    If you consider NV strongest at 3.00 kill time, surely it would also be stronger at 3.30. 3rd use stacking up with CDs + pot is very strong. Why would you think NV lose value if you add another 30 seconds of NV uptime? Seems odd.
    It's not that NV loses value, it's that the others gain it. NV is better at 3:30 than at 3:00, but the others are stronger than NV at that point.