Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

This will be the longest ive been unsubbed to WoW in 9 years.

So i unsubbed last month and i have no plans to reactivate til WoD, just nothing for me to do in game.

Anyone else in the same boat?

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you trying to fish for here? Are you looking for sympathy or someone to tell you that you made the right choice and that the game is dieing? These kind of threads are pointless and new.

Not trolling at all, just really bored and wish WoD would come out already lol. I tried wildstar got to lvl 30 and decided its not my bag, trying to find games to play to occupy my time lol.

I never had a sub.. mainly cause I dont have a credit card.. But as much as I want to renew my game time I just cant bring myself to go into SoO anymore q_q I miss WoW I really do and playing all these other new MMO's makes me miss it even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sub ended like a week ago but I'm still planning to resub when I have time and feel like it. Then again, usually I resub immediately after my sub ends.

So wait, you stayed subbed for most of cata?

I'm confused...
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Have you tried RPing? PvPing? WoW's more than just raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

I'm confused...
    Yup lol. Actually longest i unsubbed was in vanilla for 4 months lol.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

I'm confused...
    I was actually unsubbed for more of WLK than I was of Cata, and I liked WLK more.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Have you tried RPing? PvPing? WoW's more than just raiding.
    Raiding is really the only area that WoW excels in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    just nothing for me to do in game.

http://wow.stratics.com/guides/mop-r...ose-returning/
    The linked article is a full list of every feature in MoP.
    There is simply too much to do in the game now, so no I am certainly not in the same boat as you.

I would never consider unsubscribing, simply because even when there isn't a ton of things that keep everyone playing, its a social medium to stay in touch with friends.

That reason, as well as the previous link is enough for me.
    Personally, if I knew about all these features and didn't like any of them, I don't think I would consider playing the game at all.
    Perhaps you haven't tried most of them?
    Challenge Modes, Proving Grounds, Flex Raiding on alts, Achievement Hunting, Pet Battles, etc

All of these things are AMAZING features that I will likely never achieve great success at, if only because there is so much to do.
    I understand people feeling disenfranchised with a large break in content, but honestly the people that typically exhibit this have no attention span IMO.

You should take some time and explore the game's features. Its extremely probable that you have missed a lot of what this expansion has featured. I for one, hate ending an expansion knowing I didn't do everything I could. Especially one as great as MoP has been.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

So i unsubbed last month and i have no plans to reactivate til WoD, just nothing for me to do in game.

Yes I've been in the boat for a couple of months now. Unfortunately if you don't like wildstar I'm not sure what else to suggest as far as an mmo goes. Perhaps it's a good time to try some different genre's.

I was unsubbed for years before, and quit for good last year at the end of pandaland. I really don't see what the big deal is, do you view this 4-6 month break as a milestone in your life or something? It's not like you're doing anything other than finding something else to occupy your time while waiting for new content.

I can understand that you don't have much to do(or things you want to do) in-game, though, I remember going into town multiple times, seeing the same people standing in the same place, or still running back and forth/in circles. If you spend the majority of your time in-game standing around in town, you should probably just quit.

Most people seem to complain about nothing to do, yet they stay subbed, which I never understood. So...I guess you're one step ahead of them in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Yes I've been in the boat for a couple of months now. Unfortunately if you don't like wildstar I'm not sure what else to suggest as far as an mmo goes. Perhaps it's a good time to try some different genre's.
    Ya wildstar has good and bad, but the bad is winning right now lol. I actually am enjoying swtor more than wildstar.

You are probably right about mmo's, too bad fallout 4 isnt out yet i could lose 6 months easy in that game lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    What are you trying to fish for here? Are you looking for sympathy or someone to tell you that you made the right choice and that the game is dieing? These kind of threads are pointless and new.
    Did someone force you to read this thread? And comment? No? Then go away. Bitching about the existence of threads that you voluntarily open is just asinine.

OP: I'm in the same boat. I've only been unsubbed twice, once for about 3 months and now since November. I used to keep subs active at the end of expansions and login to screw around but this time I realized I was just wasting time I could use to do other stuff.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-06-14 at 12:40 AM.

Ya wildstar has good and bad, but the bad is winning right now lol. I actually am enjoying swtor more than wildstar.

You are probably right about mmo's, too bad fallout 4 isnt out yet i could lose 6 months easy in that game lol.
    I'm of the opposite opinion. I think Wildstar is the best mmo since wow's inception, but to each his own. I didn't particularly enjoy swotor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I'm of the opposite opinion. I think Wildstar is the best mmo since wow's inception, but to each his own. I didn't particularly enjoy swotor.
    Ya i dunno its weird, there isnt one particular thing i can pinpoint about wildstar that i dont like, but i will login open my boombox and dont have any desire to keep leveling.

Part of it is definitely that i get 30 FPS everywhere i go, and every other mmo ive played i get 60 fps everywhere.

Ya i dunno its weird, there isnt one particular thing i can pinpoint about wildstar that i dont like, but i will login open my boombox and dont have any desire to keep leveling.

Part of it is definitely that i get 30 FPS everywhere i go, and every other mmo ive played i get 60 fps everywhere.
    It's ok if you don't like it. It's not meant for everyone, but I'm seriously loving it. Feels like it did when I first tried wow. I just built a new computer as well. So I can play highest settings np, and that's probably one of the reasons I'm not worried about optimization. What you describe is how I feel about wow. I actually don't even get in game. I look at the characters and just can't log in.

ive been unsubbed since a few weeks after the release of SoO... which is the longest ive been unsubbed as well. Maybe after quitting Dragonsoul, but I believe its getting close

Deleted
    Oh look it's this thread again