Thread: Stealth in WoD

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stealth in WoD

I know this isn't a big topic for many rogues(especially pure theorycrafting/raiding ones), but stealth is(was) a big part of class-uniqueness. Over the time, other classes than rogues have gotten stealth or stealth-like abilities, however they are usually a more gimped version. So let's recap.

- Rogues had stealth, initially with a small movementspeed penalty that was removed.
    - Druids had stealth in cat-form, with a movementspeed penalty.
    - Mages had invisibility, however they couldn't see enemies wich means they could potentially land on top of a mob/enemy player when invisibility ended.

What has happened?

- Mages had their invisibility buffed, and can now see both enemies and friendlies while invisible(unconfirmed; also it is easier for them to spot stealthed enemies while they are invisible(?))
    - Hunters got camouflage, which stealthed them while standing still, and made them hard to see while moving(also, it is worth mentioning that they are immune to ranged single-target attacks while in camouflage, also sap counts as a ranged attack).
    - Priests got talent that let them enter stealth for a short period(on a short CD)
    - Hunters got a glyph to be stealthed while in camouflage while moving, with a movementspeed penalty.

What happens in WoD;

- Feral druids get a perk to remove movementspeed-penalty while stealthed(unconfirmed; with the added movementspeed from catform(25%), they will surpass rogues' movement-speed while stealthed, including fleet footed(15%)(?))
    - Rogues lose their ability to add "extra stealthy" via shadow walk
    - Precious bloodthorn loop, lvl 90 ring drops from Gorum in shadowmoon valley, has an on use ability; "Press the thorns into your flesh, blending into the shadows for 10 sec at the cost of 10% of maximum health. (5 Min Cooldown)"(you enter stealth for 10 seconds). Pay attention to the fact that this ring does not specify "not usable while in combat".

Any thoughts on the subject? Where do you think stealth is headed in the future? Do you feel your class is still special and unique(like a druid might feel in regards to their shapeshifting)? Is there anything I have left out? Should rogues be able to summon demons? Tame a wild animal? Shapeshift into a pirate? Charge? Use divine powers to become immune? Place totems?
    Last edited by Noorac; 2014-07-05 at 03:50 AM.

Currently on Beta stealth is so strong that while dueling my friend Backstabi~ We are unable to see one another standing directly on top of the flag.

I think they baked the stealth level of Shadow walk into Stealth... So take comfort in the fact that rogues have a higher stealth 'level' then any other class =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    Currently on Beta stealth is so strong that while dueling my friend Backstabi~ We are unable to see one another standing directly on top of the flag.

I think they baked the stealth level of Shadow walk into Stealth... So take comfort in the fact that rogues have a higher stealth 'level' then any other class =)
    (Big fan of your videos Sativ)

That's nice to hear, however I will take some comfort in what you said as soon as it is confirmed that what you said isn't also true for hunters with the glyph aswell as feral druids(or any druid in cat form for that matter)

Edit; I realized I'm sounding bitter, but I kind of am as I don't really feel that special anymore.
    Last edited by Noorac; 2014-07-05 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorac View Post
    - Hunters got camouflage, which stealthed them while standing still, and made them hard to see while moving(also, it is worth mentioning that they are immune to ranged single-target attacks while in camouflage, also sap counts as a ranged attack).
    No it didn't. Our nameplates appear. We aren't hard to see at all.

I remember one time in AV there was a hunter in camo just running around, and I noticed him so easily because of the funky camouflage effect it has on the toon's model.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Well, your nameplates aren't really visible above a certain range. Also, would you be happy if I changed my statement to; "and made them less easy to see, but still possible to see, and in some instances easier to see"? Because that is fine with me. However, if you are trying to tell me that, on a general basis, it is easier to spot a moving, camouflaged hunter than one that isn't camouflaged... I find that hard to belive. Point was it was harder than if they weren't camouflaged. Now we are derailing from the bigger picture though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post

I'm not to sure what it really is, looking at live and wod
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1784
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=1784

They both have stealth effectiveness at 40 but wod one has extra effects one I'm sure is Master of Subtlety being built into stealth but the other I don't know.

But its not just Stealth that has extra things there prowl some an extra thing listed too.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=5215
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=5215
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-07-05 at 04:34 AM.

another reason why i stopped my subscription; ivé been growing fond of not playing wow for close to a year now. i don't have to deal with all the stress associated with my rogue main.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Please, leave this forum.

infracted: flaming
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-07-08 at 12:09 AM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Other than stealth breaking sometimes in combat with no damage taken, I don't care if other classes get some gimmick versions.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    another reason why i stopped my subscription; ivé been growing fond of not playing wow for close to a year now. i don't have to deal with all the stress associated with my rogue main.
    Nobody cares. Nobody ever cares why someone quit. Stop telling us your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I'm not to sure what it really is, looking at live and wod
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1784
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=1784

They both have stealth effectiveness at 40 but wod one has extra effects one I'm sure is Master of Subtlety being built into stealth but the other I don't know.

But its not just Stealth that has extra things there prowl some an extra thing listed too.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=5215
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=5215

Interesting finds mate. I honestly have no Clue. Maybe it's due to the fact that 'Stealth detection' is tuned by level and they Haven't set up a level 100 detection? All I know is me and my friend were laughing our asses off standing directly on top of one another spamming sap...

I honestly hope it goes live with Stealth being insanely OP xD... Nothing 'broken' about being hard to catch in stealth before you open.

It's a ring that takes up a ring slot (duh) has a 10 second duration and a 5 minute CD.

It should be the last thing you should worry about.

Hunters not being able to to be sapped while camo is some grade A BS though.

Camo should also cancel out detect hidden when active.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    It's a ring that takes up a ring slot (duh) has a 10 second duration and a 5 minute CD.

It should be the last thing you should worry about.

Hunters not being able to to be sapped while camo is some grade A BS though.

Camo should also cancel out detect hidden when active.
    Ye, and it's even a level 90 ring, wich means it probably won't be used at lvl 100. However it is the idea that other classes get your specialty. It just feels like stealth is being watered down. I too agree with the hunters though, can't sap camo, plus flare and detect hidden is an anoying combo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I'm perfectly okay with rogues have improved stealth, makes sense. Stupid cats thinking they're rogues and shit, where are your weapons?!! A nail file will see to you!!!

I kinda think rogue stealth and cat stealth should be on par as it's part of the feral spec. Also cats already have the movement penalty removed by a glyph on live. http://www.wowwiki.com/Glyph_of_Prowl

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    I kinda think rogue stealth and cat stealth should be on par as it's part of the feral spec. Also cats already have the movement penalty removed by a glyph on live. http://www.wowwiki.com/Glyph_of_Prowl
    Made a beta druid. Can't find that. Must be removed. And prowl still has a 30% speed penalty.
    Last edited by delus; 2014-07-10 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Made a beta druid. Can't find that. Must be removed. And prowl still has a 30% speed penalty.
    The glyph has probably been removed because it has been put into the new Prowl perk.

I see... It's a perk.. and a lame one. Still isn't quite as good as rogue with glyph of sprint and nightstalker. Of course a rogue could also go with burst of speed instead of sprint for comparable sustained speed while stealthed so it seems rogue has druid outclassed in both departments.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I see... It's a perk.. and a lame one. Still isn't quite as good as rogue with glyph of sprint and nightstalker. Of course a rogue could also go with burst of speed instead of sprint for comparable sustained speed while stealthed so it seems rogue has druid outclassed in both departments.
    Now you are arguing just to argue. Druids, a class whos specialty is shapeshifting, currently has faster baseline speed in stealth than the class whos specialty is stealth. Saying that one can pick a talent or a glyph in order to be faster is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorac View Post
    Now you are arguing just to argue. Druids, a class whos specialty is shapeshifting, currently has faster baseline speed in stealth than the class whos specialty is stealth. Saying that one can pick a talent or a glyph in order to be faster is not right.
    Not exactly, especially when burst of speed can be sustained indefinitely as long as you press the button every 3 seconds.