Poll: Should there be paid Class Changes in WoW?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't see any real harm in it, but I'm loathe to see more extortionate service fees put in place.

If they made server transfers free and added something like this in to make up the revenue I'd give it two thumbs up, though.

They actually went through with the character boosting, so no this wouldn't be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Read my response to Darthisis.
    So your real problem is you want to play with legendaries that your main can't use. Other then the achv. grab why did you get something you knowingly can't use? You could get it again on the other toon. Boost a new toon get w/e legendary, and main it...win. Plus that character you HAD is still there with all its glory...Win.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

No. Stop giving them more shit ideas.

Meh, that's pretty much what the boosted char is.

They already have it with character boost so you cant argue they shouldnt introduce a class change system that lets you keep your original character and achievements and inventory largely intact.

They definatley should. Lots of players like me who have played 1 character only and would like a change of gameplay without rerolling and losing all progress and sense of attachment. Achievements are not all account bound before you blurt something stupid, progress and rewards and reputation are largely character bound.

We do have paid class change already, the only question is if we can keep our original character with it

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only see this for the fact that some characters have items that are no loner obtainable, and thus carry alot of sentimental value as a result.

Other than this, the feature would be useless when leveling is the easier alternative. If anything, there should be a method of allowing soulbound (only certain ones, not raiding relevant gear to be fair) items cross characters on the same account.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    They already have it with character boost so you cant argue they shouldnt introduce a class change system that lets you keep your original character and achievements and inventory largely intact.

They definatley should. Lots of players like me who have played 1 character only and would like a change of gameplay without rerolling and losing all progress and sense of attachment. Achievements are not all account bound before you blurt something stupid, progress and rewards and reputation are largely character bound.

We do have paid class change already, the only question is if we can keep our original character with it
    This is foolish, if you want to re roll then do so. Nothing saying you have to play with one toon. Nothing saying you cant have multiple mains. Saying you want everything about your character intact but changing everything about it how it plays, but still say you want to keep the feel of that character....is foolish. The feeling goes away with the new class. Only the virtual achievement remains (emphasis on virtual). Coming from someone who has 22 toons sitting around (2 of each class both factions) roll another toon, or boost one. Still get to keep your pride and joy and the warm fuzzies it has, plus a something new.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    So your real problem is you want to play with legendaries that your main can't use. Other then the achv. grab why did you get something you knowingly can't use? You could get it again on the other toon. Boost a new toon get w/e legendary, and main it...win. Plus that character you HAD is still there with all its glory...Win.
    That's... one way of interpreting what I wrote. My point is that for a lot of people, their main is their main. Achievements and items (such as legendaries) play into that, but it isn't necessarily just about that.

A lot of people are claiming that Character Boost = Class Change, but I disagree entirely. Boosting a new toon to 90 is likely more appropriate if you simply want a new character but can't be bothered to level it up. A quick way to get going with a new character, and perhaps join friends that are waiting for you. A Class Change would serve the purpose of converting the character you love, and all the work put into it, into a new class. You might not care at all about the fresh start, but only want a different career for your main.

The idea of class changing is absurd.

Fast-tracking alts to your account's highest gear level... I would support that.

They already have this; it's called Character Boost.

And no, this is ridiculous.

I would do it just so I could get the unobtainable Scholomance gear from my rogue to my monk.

That's... one way of interpreting what I wrote. My point is that for a lot of people, their main is their main. Achievements and items (such as legendaries) play into that, but it isn't necessarily just about that.

A lot of people are claiming that Character Boost = Class Change, but I disagree entirely. Boosting a new toon to 90 is likely more appropriate if you simply want a new character but can't be bothered to level it up. A quick way to get going with a new character, and perhaps join friends that are waiting for you. A Class Change would serve the purpose of converting the character you love, and all the work put into it, into a new class. You might not care at all about the fresh start, but only want a different career for your main.
    I get the attachment to your character, played the game myself since 05 and my main has always remained so. However I have never and likely won't ever understand the only one character mindset. Not trying to start anything here, what you want is pretty much already achievable now, w/o this redundant service your proposing. Let me come at you this way, you change the way you want it to...then discover you hate how that new class feels/plays, wouldn't that make you like your character less? If it doesn't, I'd say that giving your toon a new "job" didn't matter to begin with, and you could have just rolled that different class anyhow. If it does effect it, then was it really worth it? Maybe what made your character great was the class you chose originally.

Again coming from someone who has 22 toons, It is very easy to fall in love with more then just that one character. As well as still hold that special something for that main who started and done it all.
    Last edited by LegendsnDreamz; 2014-07-24 at 09:25 PM.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Once I did, a long time ago. Now that I have 13 90's and am working on my 14th, no. It's so easy to level (and boost now to 90) that you don't ever need to class change.
    Yeah, this. Especially considering if they added the option, just boosting up a new character would probably be a more worthwhile investment(or just RAF them up yourself, takes very little time until 85). Not to mention it'd probably be a massive pain to make it work properly. How would you handle gear? You can't just swap it over to random items for the new class, especially if its a hybrid(less of a problem in WoD), because your perfect full crit set on your old warrior(not that any warrior would use this, most warriors seem like the kind of person who sticks to their warrior main through any change) could just turn into a super mastery-heavy set on your fancy new WW monk.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I don't think Blizzard are likely to implement such a feature - ever. Or at least until the "boost feature" still exists. They obviously cannot exist alongside each other - it simply wouldn't make sense. Why would blizzard offer the player the chance to spend less money to change class when they can have the player spend $50 to boost a new character?

10+ Year Old Account
    you might as well just pay for a boost to 90.

No, very few things are char based anymore and you can easily change your old chars name and boost a new char to 90 and give it your old chars name.

Edit--

Actually on second thought I don't mind this as long as your character is forced to start over at lvl 1 again and lvl boosts cant be used on it.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2014-07-24 at 09:33 PM.

It really isn't a very "fresh start" in the sense you have to put a lot of work into catching back up to where your main was, the only difference is that you might not have as many vanity items sitting around in your bank, really. Gearing up is very quick nowadays.
    Then again, I don't really get why people stick to only one character(I've had at least 3 characters I play somewhat frequently pretty much since I started, currently sitting on 14 90s(the vast majority of which are 550+ and over half have the legendary cloak) and a bunch of 85/86s)

And really, apart from the slight gear reset, deleting your old main and boosting up a character of the new class has essentially the same effect. You get to use the same name, you only lose vanity items/transmog sets/gear, all of which can fairly easily be reacquired)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It would be stupid.

You have a level 100 rogue. You want a level 100 priest. You swap your rogue to a priest - now you have no useable gear and don't have a rogue anymore, and possibly have professions that aren't as useful, say if you were a leatherworker. It would have to cost very little money to be a better option over a boost, but the fact that a boost gives you a 90, not a 100, means that a class swap would "logically" have to cost a good chunk of money because you won't have to level those last 10 levels to play your new class.

Now, why did you class swap? Clearly anyone who would pay money to LOSE a class just to gain another class, when they could pay money to gain another class without the loss, or just not waste money and level another class, probably has trouble making up their mind. Maybe you're paying for a class swap to be the Flavor of the Month™. Well, what happens when you realize you made a mistake? What happens when your FotM™ pvp class gets nerfed? You don't have that old class to go back to anymore because it's gone, because you swapped instead of boosted (or leveled).

Dumb, dumb, and dumb. No.

Maybe but it should be priced to discourage using it often (like the level boost), like 40-50% more expensive than the level boost, it just makes it trivial if you can change your class every month. Also with the level boost just use that service then level a few levels and actually partially learn the class. We had people joining the guild with ebay characters years ago and they just sucked so bad..