Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    The parents have the right to their opinion just as the kid announcing he is gay,.....
    Which MIGHT have been ok, but it wasn't the parent's opinion that played this out - it was <against forum rules>'s opinion that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Open minded does not mean that you accept every idea or opinion. That's just as bad as being close minded.
    It means having enough sense to know what a gay person is. You can't justify stupidity no matter where it's written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It doesn't mean he cant 'cry like a sissy girl' because he has lost everything close to him.
    What does mean he can't "cry like a sissy girl" is the fact he slightly provoked their actions. He was fishing for negativity and got it. It would be best for him to nut up, be a MAN, gay or not gay, and remove himself from those people.

You have to love how they are all about the "word of god" but have absolutely no issue with hate and violence.

It honestly amazes me that some Humans are actually that unconscious and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    What if in a country it was commonplace to beat up kids with green eyes. Should the kids with green eyes be expected to move away/wear sunglasses? Or is it reasonable for a modern fucking society to advance past bullshit like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe, I knew I was hanging myself with this one. They just irk the fuck out of me.
    Eye color stands nowhere near of being sexually attracted to the same gender as you are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
    Eye color stands nowhere near of being sexually attracted to the same gender as you are
    Gimme all your research brutha.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt he at least have grounds to press charges against his own family and or sue them in civil court for every dollar they have? it's what i would do to my parents if they were that dumb.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Then you're weird, simple as that. Condemning someone does not throw away reasoning, it is the culmination of all your reasoning and deeper analysis, it is the very opposite of what you are saying. By being able to reason and analyse we are able to condemn people for their discrimination, otherwise we're talking about pure emotive response which is throwing away reasoning.
    Well condemning is adverse judgement, and I can't really say that my judgement of something is better, especially when it comes to strangers. But I think we are actually on the same page here, I might just be expressing myself badly, sorry about that :/

Becus Americans generally accept gayness nowadays Im going to 1st say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I also believe in the word of God.
    I too wouldn't condone my son doing that stuff and id be more than ashamed so i know how they feel. Don't bash on them just cause yall dont understand how much that would hurt people like us. However, I do agree that they did go a BIT too far in kicking him out and attacking him.

His family knew he was gay before he "came out to them" on this video. They didn't disown him for being gay. They obviously didn't understand or accept his sexuality, and they obviously had bigoted ideologies against it, but the real issue here was not his sexuality, it was his feelings of persecution and non-acceptence. There was an emotional and intellectual divide between them and it obviously affected him deeply -- deeply enough that he felt a need to make it public (and it seems he may have made it public before this video... they mentioned things he's posted on facebook as well).

From what I can tell from this video, the kid was not beaten by his family. It sounded like only his mom actually attacked him (although his father might have gotten physical too, just not to the extent of hitting him). And it didn't seem like she was gay-bashing him. This wasn't a hate crime. This was a worked up, stupid mother slapping a disrespectful son. I'm not agreeing with her reaction or her beliefs, nor am I justifying them. But I think people are misinterpreting what happened here.

He did this in a way that was intentionally antagonistic, trying to provoke them to demonstrate their bigotry and intolerance. It worked. But they could not have been as bad as this video makes them seem if a) they already knew he was gay and did not disown or attack him for it, b) they were tolerant and accepting, albeit dismissive and ignorant, when he came out on this video and did not disown him or attack him for it, and c) he didn't actually get the reaction he was looking for until after he started challenging her integrity, honesty and morality (even if he had valid reasons to).

I don't know about you guys, but if I went to my mom with a camera on and challenged her the way he did, she'd almost certainly slap me and might even disown me as well. He could have handled this much better if his goal wasn't this end result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well condemning is adverse judgement, and I can't really say that my judgement of something is better, especially when it comes to strangers. But I think we are actually on the same page here, I might just be expressing myself badly, sorry about that :/
    I'm sure we are on the same page, we don't like discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    The parents have the right to their opinion just as the kid announcing he is gay, with so many here raging against the parents just remember this...you're the one being close minded by not accepting both parties position on the subject.
    this, and then it seems to me that the boy denying the effort of his parents in raising him started the rage.

they accepted his position of being gay at the start, and told him about their opinion and what they want, why did he have to refuse ?

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    By the sound of their accents, they sound like they're from the South. It's my general understanding that they're a lot more prejudiced down there about certain subjects and this being one of them.
    It's ironic to blanket stereotype a group of people for being people who make blanket statements. I'm from the South and while there are certainly some backwards ass people here, I've found that to be true for everywhere I have gone, even other countries.

OT: Bad people are bad. It's unfortunate, but not much else can be said on the subject. And this is obviously a case where Religion is shown to be capable of being a destructive force

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that does not get the 'choice' issue. Say even if it is a choice, so what? Are you saying someone can not make that choice? Only they can make it for themselves, other people don't get to decide that. It is a pretty much a moot argument.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Open minded does not mean that you accept every idea or opinion. That's just as bad as being close minded.
    Just to expand on that, open-minded means you consider the merits of every idea without prejudice, whereas close-mindedness is to disregard merits of ideas you've already become prejudice against. The parents are being close-minded because they are not even considering the merits of his son's arguments, they are blindly adhering to doctrine and dogma.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    doesnt he at least have grounds to press charges against his own family and or sue them in civil court for every dollar they have? it's what i would do to my parents if they were that dumb.
    From the point that he's being told to move out and accepts those terms (probably doesn't want anything to do with them after this), I'm going to make the huge leaping assumption he is at least 18, or frankly the can of worms gets a bit worse. As a legal adult with media evidence on his side, I'm fairly sure he would have a very good case.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I don't think I'd waste my time suing for a few cans of skoal and a goat.

Sadly discrimination like this is still too common these days. I have a gay friend myself and he hasn't told his parents yet (he's 23) because he comes from a similar religious household with a mom who is homophobic. I'm glad I grew up in a household that wasn't religious (not to say that this only happens there) and I just move on when I see two guys holding hands instead of raising a shit storm like some people do.

Deleted
    I'm sure we are on the same page, we don't like discrimination
    Certainly not, it is a vile thing in the human society. Just one question: if a person dislike let's say people with red hair but don't really tell anybody and don't act on it in a negative way and it is purely just an opinion on it, and generally accept that redheads are around; would that be considered discrimination? I am asking because that is the word that I fall over here all the time, and I am uncertain if I got the proper meaning of it.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-08-28 at 06:51 AM.

and this is why people hate (most) americans, backward ass retards hiding behind "religion"

dude is better off without them

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-08-28 at 02:04 PM.