Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    If you wouldn't mind, mind sharing your strat for the Stoneguard? My buddies and I all want to give them a try and we're all in 540ish gear now.
    Ember tap talent + ember tap glyph. Use rain of fire every time it falls off, same for havoc. Use all of your embers to heal yourself. That's all I guess =)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Finally got Spine down. I had to bring in my 2 box druid and had her stand on one side toss me heals and healing herself while i killed bloods and the Amys. Saved the lock out on her lol. Fuck that fight and the horse it rode in on!!!!!

Side note- Are we able to solo que for dragon soul yet? If so, how?
    Last edited by xuros; 2014-10-31 at 04:18 PM.

What do you mean by solo queue? Are you referring to LFR or just going to the N/H zone? For all of them you need to go to the entrance in Caverns of Time, but LFR has an elf standing outside the entrance that lets you in.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2014-11-01 at 07:28 AM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Has anybody else been having trouble with Trial of the Grand Crusader? It took me a while to defeat the faction champions due to having three healers and numerous different stuns to deal with. I managed to get lucky by tossing rain of fire whenever possible until I got four burning embers and then hoping that I could get 2-3 off without being interrupted so I could pick off each healer one by one.

Yet now I'm stuck on the Valkyr since they heal a great deal of health periodically and unless I'm missing some sort of core mechanic that heal cannot be interrupted. It's been a while since I did the raid properly so I may just be overlooking something obvious.

Edit: That's on 25-man!
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-11-01 at 10:35 PM.

Valks will use 1 of 4 possible specials: black heal, white heal, black nova, white nova. For the black heal you have to break the shield on black then interrupt the heal, same for white. It helps to click the opposite portal when you are trying to break the shield, but it shouldn't be necessary at this point. If you fail to interrupt the heal it heals them for 40%. They use the abilities in a set of 4, so if the first 2 abilities they use are their heals, the next 2 are going to be the novas, then they will just repeat in whatever order they went in for the rest of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Finally got Spine down. I had to bring in my 2 box druid and had her stand on one side toss me heals and healing herself while i killed bloods and the Amys. Saved the lock out on her lol. Fuck that fight and the horse it rode in on!!!!!

Side note- Are we able to solo que for dragon soul yet? If so, how?
    You do realise you can just run from side to side while ROFing adds, right? No need to mess around with a second character.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Has anybody else been having trouble with Trial of the Grand Crusader? It took me a while to defeat the faction champions due to having three healers and numerous different stuns to deal with. I managed to get lucky by tossing rain of fire whenever possible until I got four burning embers and then hoping that I could get 2-3 off without being interrupted so I could pick off each healer one by one.

Yet now I'm stuck on the Valkyr since they heal a great deal of health periodically and unless I'm missing some sort of core mechanic that heal cannot be interrupted. It's been a while since I did the raid properly so I may just be overlooking something obvious.

Edit: That's on 25-man!
    To preface, talking about 25heroic, since I went in there to get the Anub achievement recently.

Faction champs shouldn't be too bad, you'll get CC'd out the wazoo but they have such low health you should be able to burn them down. I think I'd advise Demo over destro if you have it though, a pet and chaos wave are more handy than chaosbolts in that interupt heavy environment.

Valks - I'm guessing the gear gap made a difference, but they died before they could cast anything iirc, certainly before they went for a heal. They share health unless my memory is REALLY bad, so multidotting aint bad.
    The healing Valk will get a shield, you can't interrupt while the shield is still up, so don't go blowing interrupts if you do need to interrupt something before breaking that.

Then you've got Anub. He was nerfed recently, so he should be a pushover now, but he was easy enough to kill before the nerf. The health leeching AOE has a cast time. Kill him during the cast, simple as that. Destruction excels there since you can line up a chaosbolt as dots / pet push him past 30% and then shadowburn him multiple times before his cast starts, which should kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you take an alt in to kill Yogg0, and then cannot actually kill tentacles due to your mouse dying...OOPSIE

http://i.imgur.com/HHCsDwK.jpg
    Last edited by Moggie; 2014-11-02 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Cannot figure out how to resize this, so linking instead

Looks like something out of a Japanese cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    This is what happens when you take an alt in to kill Yogg0, and then cannot actually kill tentacles due to your mouse dying...OOPSIE

http://i.imgur.com/HHCsDwK.jpg
    I had the opposite happen. I killed a constrictor before it constricted me and no other tentacles spawned through the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    You do realise you can just run from side to side while ROFing adds, right? No need to mess around with a second character.

To preface, talking about 25heroic, since I went in there to get the Anub achievement recently.

Faction champs shouldn't be too bad, you'll get CC'd out the wazoo but they have such low health you should be able to burn them down. I think I'd advise Demo over destro if you have it though, a pet and chaos wave are more handy than chaosbolts in that interupt heavy environment.

Valks - I'm guessing the gear gap made a difference, but they died before they could cast anything iirc, certainly before they went for a heal. They share health unless my memory is REALLY bad, so multidotting aint bad.
    The healing Valk will get a shield, you can't interrupt while the shield is still up, so don't go blowing interrupts if you do need to interrupt something before breaking that.

Then you've got Anub. He was nerfed recently, so he should be a pushover now, but he was easy enough to kill before the nerf. The health leeching AOE has a cast time. Kill him during the cast, simple as that. Destruction excels there since you can line up a chaosbolt as dots / pet push him past 30% and then shadowburn him multiple times before his cast starts, which should kill.
    Eh got tired of getting dazed and fucking it up at the 3rd plate. I was able to do it so i did it. Worked out well and now i have a saved lock out each week that allows me to go in and kill the only boss that I want to. Works for me.

I'm assuming you don't want the handmaiden then? :P

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I'm assuming you don't want the handmaiden then? :P
    Atm? No. Only working on it each week right now for the blazing to finish off this achievement. With my LK lock out for Reigns farm this saves me some time each week. With WoD coming ill have a bit less time to work on it with getting raid ready and all on top of having another baby on the way in march will cut even more free time off.

and all on top of having another baby on the way in march will cut even more free time off.
    Completely off-topic, but congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Completely off-topic, but congrats!
    My apologies lol. Wasnt an attempt to derail. Was just explaining why the Handmaided mount wasnt a concern for me atm lol.

Side note. Cant i just swap from normal to heroic like I do for Heroic Lich King each week? I have full heroic and normal DS clears under my belt on this toon as is. Would it not be easy to just go in and accept the lock out, log my alt out and bring in a new toon to the group. Switch to raid and set difficulty to heroic? I do this in ICC each week. FIgured it would work here as well later on after I manage to get the Blazing drake.

My apologies lol. Wasnt an attempt to derail. Was just explaining why the Handmaided mount wasnt a concern for me atm lol.
    I meant I was the one going off-topic.

Side note. Cant i just swap from normal to heroic like I do for Heroic Lich King each week? I have full heroic and normal DS clears under my belt on this toon as is. Would it not be easy to just go in and accept the lock out, log my alt out and bring in a new toon to the group. Switch to raid and set difficulty to heroic? I do this in ICC each week. FIgured it would work here as well later on after I manage to get the Blazing drake.
    Sadly, anything newer than Wrath still requires full heroic clears in order to unlock the end boss on heroic.

Must have been a bug for me last week then. I went to do a clear in BoT and killed all of the bosses on heroic cept for the twin dragons. Did them on normal mode and I was still abel to kill chogall and sinestra on heroic mode. Then again could be from me having it on heroic when I killed the ascended council so Chogall was up.

I was in Firelands last week on my alt lock and had to kill Domo on normal because it was too much damage for my pet towards then end on heroic and when I got to rag i tried to swap back to heroic and he would disapear. Good to know this now lol.

I think BoT and ICC are the only ones you can skip some fights on heroic. BoT should only need heroic cho'gall to unlock sinestra.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also having trouble with 25H Spine tonight. Imp sac deals with the debuff, but how do you mitigate the constant incoming damage? Rain of Fire doesn't give enough embers to keep me alive and I'm ilvl 581. ... (edit) ... wait, got it. I found it much easier to go GrimSup/Searing Flames and just heal through the debuffs with a Voidlord active.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2014-11-07 at 08:06 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Must have been a bug for me last week then. I went to do a clear in BoT and killed all of the bosses on heroic cept for the twin dragons. Did them on normal mode and I was still abel to kill chogall and sinestra on heroic mode. Then again could be from me having it on heroic when I killed the ascended council so Chogall was up.
    Yea idk why but Sinestra is considered the end boss of BoT so that is why you can skip Council and pull heroic Cho'gall and for some reason Sinestra is only tide to a heroic Cho'gall kill.

Hey all,

Is there a guide or video somewhere for soloing 25H Rag post 6.0? I've wanted a firehawk forever lol.

Would I even be able to do it at 554?