Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Basic customer rights violated by current game state,nobody is bothered...

So,I read dozens of threads about people whining about long queues and lag on the realms. This is not another QQ thread,I just wanna make you think about it.
    So,today I was cca. 3800th in my server queue and my internet went down for 2 minutes when I was around 700th after around 5 hours of waiting. When I got back,I was 5000th,it's bad luck but still,it's embarassing. My server was high pop before any of those connected realms stuff and we had queue when MoP launched (max 1000 people queue) and when SoO patch came (max 700 queue). Basically,this is violation of basic customer rights,when we pay for the game we pay to play it and enjoy it 100%,and this queue/lag is crap. I bought the pre-order WoD and I still haven't had time to even enter the game since launch,due to not having 5+ hours at once to wait queue and start playing,it's ridicoulous,because we pay for the gameTIME,so it becomes not only a product (game),but it also becomes a service,it's like buying a cellphone on 24month deal and they make you wait 2 days before calling someone because at same moment too much people at your continent are talking or texting. Like paying the prostitute for money and then waiting 6 hours for her to come to your apartment and wondering if she will even come. Not to mention how greedy Blizzard is,this is the game and people that made them who they are,and they are far too rich,not to have enough funds to provide enough servers (not realms,servers for the game). I am not bothered that I can't play because WoW is just one of my hobbies,but I don't like how they treat us,the people that are keeping them alive. Also,I don't even think about unsubbing because I enjoy the game,but this sucks,for the money we are paying,we deserve more than robotic messages and empty promises on Twitter.

Also,for those guys that reply to this kinda posts with "Who cares,stop whining,it's just few days of gameplay,what did you expect,get a life,bla bla bla",please back-off and stop patronizing the community and those who actually want value for their money,a lot of people aren't kids who are paying for prepaids with their parents money and actually work pretty hard to pay for the game and enjoy it on those relaxing weekends. Cheers.

EDIT: Nobody is legally suing Blizzard,atleast not before I make my first billion so I can pay the court expenses,chill
    Last edited by mmoc25efc4e76e; 2014-11-15 at 08:01 PM.

So.. Sue them then.

Can't really see how you can though when the title of your thread says the current state of the game infringes on the game's apparent policy, which is completely nonexistent in your description of the "problem".
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxxNeiro View Post
    So,I read dozens of threads about people whining about long queues and lag on the realms. This is not another QQ thread just wanna make you think about it.
    So,today I was cca. 3800th in my server queue and I my internet went down for 2 minutes when I was around 700th after around 5 hours of wait. When I got back,I was 5000th,it's bad luck but still,it's embarassing. My server was high pop before any of those connected realms stuff and we had queue when MoP launched (max 1000 people queue) and when SoO patch came (max 700 queue). Basically,this is violation of basic customer rights,when we pay for the game we pay to play it and enjoy it 100%,and this queue/lag is crap. I bought the pre-order WoD and I still haven't had time to even enter the game since launch,due to not having 5+ hours at once to wait queue and start playing,it's ridicoulous because we pay for the gameTIME,so it becomes not only a product (game),but it also becomes a service,it's like buying a cellphone on 24month deal and they make you wait 2 days before calling someone because at same moment too much people at your continent are talking or texting. Like paying the prostitute for money and then waiting 6 hours for her to come to your apartment and wondering if she will even come. Not to mention how greedy Blizzard is,this is the game and people that made them who they are,and they are far too rich,not to have enough funds to provide enough servers (not realms,servers for the game). I am not bothered that I can't play because WoW is just one of my hobbies,but I don't like how they treat us,the people that are keeping them alive. Also,I don't even think about unsubbing because I enjoy the game,but this sucks,for the money we are paying,we deserve more than robotic messages and empty promises on Twitter.

Also,for those guys that reply to this kinda posts with "Who cares,stop whining,it's just few days of gameplay,what did you expect,get a life,bla bla bla",please back-off and stop patronizing the community and those who actually want value for their money,a lot of people aren't kids who are paying for prepaids with their parents money and actually work pretty hard to pay for the game and enjoy it on those relaxing weekends. Cheers.
    Make your own "popular" MMO and fix it then.
    Hey everyone

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mean to be rude, but you desperately need to take like a basic englsih class at a community college.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-11-15 at 10:31 PM.
    Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz | 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 670 SC | ASUS Z77V LK | Seagate Berracuda 2TB
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymeimei/simple

It's been two days.

Assuming you have not been able to do anything at all in these two days, Blizzard has 'robbed' you of one (that is 1) US dollar (AKA $1.00).

Look, I'm annoyed too. I'm the GM of my guild and there is much to do in order to be prepared for raiding. But I'm not blowing this out of proportion like you and so many others are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So.. Sue them then.
    I'd want to see that happening. Would love to see some joe get REKD in court.

They aren't breaking any custom rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the past, they've refunded several days to the entire community's accounts over lost time.. although given allegations of DDOSing interfering with queues Blizzard may feel that they aren't personally responsible, especially considering that it's staggered/stalled traffic, not stopped altogether.

I will say, though, that if you had played back in vanilla/TBS/early WotLK, two days of imperfect service for a monumental patch would have been blissful. This same argument comes up again and again every time there are issues with a widescale update in a game with millions of players. It's several days out of a year. Blizzard has done a LOT already to make patches more smooth and easy. And all of this is on the back of numerous DDOS attacks on World of Warcraft. There isn't any reason to believe that the current situation could have been preferred by anything other than more aggressive attempts to hit DDOSers.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-11-15 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 75% of US and 33% of EU servers show as not having a queue. Seems like most anyone who is paying has access to the game.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-11-15 at 08:27 PM.

You're saying that you have a basic right to play WoW 24/7, and Blizzard is the big evil greedy corporation that abuses you just because they can by not maintaining enough servers... Over-entitled teenager cliché much?

You don't have a basic customer right to have access to the game 24/7. Stop making up "rights."

People don't spend their hard-earned money to play WoW... $15/month is like putting in 1 hour at a job and giving that money to Blizzard. If one hour of work per month is such a commitment to you, then find a F2P game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'd want to see that happening. Would love to see some joe get REKD in court.

They can't even win over those hacking them with bots. They will win over legitimate complaints?

PS. Keep being hateful towards legitimate customers. "get REKD". Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just relax, eventually they'll get this worked out. I'm thinking about doing a server change, but i'm afraid they won't let me go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    They can't even win over those hacking them with bots. They will win over legitimate complaints?
    The same tired noise that's been going around for almost a decade isn't much of a legitimate complaint. It's perfectly reasonable for one to be upset and wish that things were better. It's completely irrational to think that Blizzard could be held legally liable for denial of paid services over this.

Deleted
    -Destil This is a thread for discussion,not my open letter about my intentions to sue them.
    -Toph Not in my line of work so don't think so.
    -Kymei My English is actually great,just spotted bunch of mistakes in my post myself because I was writing the post,watching TV,eating my dinner and talking on Skype in same time so lack of focus is the key here. Will edit,thank you.
    -Herecius Sure,but it doesn't seem to be improving so I believe this will be a issuse for a long time,I guess the lag is fine while you're fighthing some lame mobs for questing but it will be a major issue if you wanna raid or do PvP. Longer leveling=less time for gearing up=less time for raiding/pvp=less time to explore the content before the first content patch of the expansion comes out. Dollar a day keeps ogres at bay
    -Eon Drache It's all legal but they're breaking basic moral rules,makes them a piece of **** corporation that's just mugging of the customers. If there was any justice they would make up for all the time you lost in queue by adding days to your subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not making up any rights,if you're paying for the service then you are privileged to use that service,in this case that is the 24/7 access to the game (excluding weekly maintenance that keeps the game going ofc). The game is not 18+ so minors that aren't even able to get any job before they're 16 (atleast in my country) can't pay for the game without taking their parents money. As I said in first post,patronizing me or anyone else by saying it's a teenager cliche or whatever just shows lack of proper arguments. And it's around 15 euro/month in EU and that is 2 hours of work for a average court judge here,so I don't even have to mention that it might take a waiter whole day of hard-work to afford the game that he can't even play for days/weeks after an expansion is launched.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Referring to it as a right is probably looking at it the wrong way and leads to wacky responses about rights. It's really more accurate to say you've paid for a service that you aren't receiving. Problems with outages (or effectively an outage if queues are excessive) are tough to get much in return for though as a consumer. It's the same situation as a power or cable tv service going out for a day or two that you pay for. Obviously you aren't going to build your own power plant or tv company, like some of the ridiculous responses here telling you to make your own game. And a pro-rated reimbursement for 2-3 free days from Blizzard for a whole $1 or $2 isn't really equal payment for the frustration of suffering through waiting for wod for over a year, looking forward to it, in some cases people made special arrangements like taking off work, and then being unable play and use the service you've paid for. I have to admit it's something most of us fully expected from past patch experience though. It kind of goes with the territory with wow, like accepting that you'll have to live with earthquakes if you live in California. Eventually enough people will give up on the problems and will shift to other games in a week or two, and then the realm loads and queues will return to normal.

Deleted
    At this point I'm just waiting for the inevitable BBB complaints and MetaCritic trolling to commence.

Blizzard are working on it, it would be stupid for them not to do so, but I'm assuming the problem is either in the server architecture, something in the engine, or network related, the technical aspects of which about 99.9% of users wouldn't have a chance of comprehending.

Deleted
    I understand that no service we pay for is perfect,cable,phone,power,WoW,any of those BUT we're living in 21st century when pretty much problems like overcrowded servers are as big as a itch on the back,totally trivial so I believe this problem is due to lack of effort and will to improve the service you're charging so much (more and more lately if I may notice). When it's rainy and there are thunders and stuff outside,you can expect loss of power or that your cable TV is down,internet also,but they get fixed in matter of hours,this is a minor problem compared to loss of power in a whole neighborhood and they still "can't" figure it out,who are they kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Referring to it as a right is probably looking at it the wrong way and leads to wacky responses about rights. It's really more accurate to say you've paid for a service that you aren't receiving.
    This.
    I hate when people exclaim about their "rights". It makes you sound like that guy who goes through life thinking that you're entitled to everything. If Blizzard wanted to shut down their servers fully for a week, it's their right to do that, and you would not have the right to do anything but ask for a refund (which, btw, you can do and they'll honor it.)
    That being said, it's true that if someone pays for a service and does not get said service they have a right to complain. I know I haven't been happy sitting in a 4-5k queue whenever I want to log in, but hey, if I didn't think it was worth it I wouldn't still be logging in and waiting patiently. I honestly prefer this ten times over to the horrible lag when they were allowing everyone in at once.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Calm down, it's not like this hasn't happened before.
    If you don't want to wait in queue, do something else while they fix the problem and decide on a resolution.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

NEITHER BLIZZARD NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE GAME OR ANY USE OF THE GAME, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES. FURTHER, NEITHER BLIZZARD NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PLAYER CHARACTERS, VIRTUAL GOODS (E.G., ARMOR, POTIONS, WEAPONS, ETC.) OR CURRENCY, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS, OR USER STANDINGS, RANKS, OR PROFILE INFORMATION STORED BY THE GAME AND/OR THE SERVICE. BLIZZARD SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL BLIZZARD BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
    I'm just going to leave this here. It seems people keep forgetting that we all agreed to an EULA, in which, Blizzard washes its hands clean of all of this.
    Last edited by Ceronath; 2014-11-15 at 08:17 PM. Reason: put EULA copy/paste in quote bubbles to make it look pretty :D