Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[SPOILERS] Garrison Weekly Campaign - Primal Fury

Hello guys! I really enjoy the lore in this game and figured that I would post what the final Garrison Mission in game currently offers you in terms of story development!

The story for the week starts with Choluna seeking your aid from Rokhan who sends you to Gorgorek's Fall where Azuka Bladefury has something planned with the artifact she stole from your garrison the week before. You arrive just in time to meet up with Choluna and Thisalee Crow, and watch as Azuka uses the artifact to resurrect all of the Destroyers that were in stasis, including Gorgorek himself! You are given the task of slaying a Gronn NPC and then are told to meet Rokhan near the gates of Tanaan Jungle in Talador, where Azuka Bladefury has gone with Gorgorek.

You arrive as your entire army is in the midst of a huge battle with Iron Horde forces, with many familiar faces helping you out while you create an opening to the small outpost that Azuka has stationed herself at. Your first task is fighting Gorgorek himself who is killed rather quickly. Finally you ascend the hill and face Azuka Bladefury in combat again, but this time in a fight to the death! She uses her sword Sanketsu to fight against you and ultimately summons Burning Blade Initiates to come to her aid. You have to kill the initiates before they can reach Azuka and empower her, and dodge some fire but ultimately Azuka Bladefury finally dies by your hands, but not before leaving behind Sanketsu. Clicking on her weapon gives you a quest to turn in Sanketsu to Warmaster Zog back at your garrison, who you think would be highly interested in such a special weapon.

After dispatching Azuka you meet Rokhan, Durotan, Choluna, and the rest of your army right in front of the gates leading to Tanaan Jungle where Grommash Hellscream himself shows up! Durotan tells him to surrender since he is fighting a losing battle, however Grommash has no plans of ever surrendering and tells the "heroes" present that he will remember them and will personally kill you if you choose to find him and the rest of the Iron Horde troops in Tanaan Jungle. While Grommash runs off and closes the gates Durotan proudly yells out that they will wait for the right moment and one day will head into Tanaan Jungle to put an end to the Iron Horde once and for all!

When you head back to your Garrison you have two quests to turn in, both with incredibly unique and powerful rewards! Completion of Sanketsu earns you the right to bestow the weapon to any one of your followers! You don't have to use it right away and all the tooltip says it that it's item level 655, which makes me thing that this will simply upgrade a follower to either 655 weapon level or possibly even 655 overall item level. Turning in Primal Fury gives you some more awesome rewards: Choluna as a follower, 500 gold, and Azuka Bladefury's Pendant, an item that will automatically boost any one follower straight to Epic quality!!!

Unfortunately the Choluna follower might be bugged at the moment, I got her as a follower in my chat log and had the spell cast on me that recruited her to me but she still shows up as greyed out and not obtained in my follower list. I'm not sure exactly what this is about but other than this bug I'm really impressed with how awesome the entire event this week was!

I found it to be rather disappointing. Gorgorek was a weak piece of crap considering all the build up of him being some ultimate weapon. I was assuming it would be a raid boss for the Tanaan raid.

Azuka sucks. The end fight and she has 0 new mechanics over the last 2 times we fought her. She died before Avenging Wrath even fell off.

Grommash is a big pussy and ran away with his tail between his legs. The Iron Horde is pretty much fucked at this point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I found it to be rather disappointing. Gorgorek was a weak piece of crap considering all the build up of him being some ultimate weapon. I was assuming it would be a raid boss for the Tanaan raid.

Azuka sucks. The end fight and she has 0 new mechanics over the last 2 times we fought her. She died before Avenging Wrath even fell off.

Grommash is a big pussy and ran away with his tail between his legs. The Iron Horde is pretty much fucked at this point though.
    Gorgorek was kind of underwhelming, my followers/army had him at 41k before I could even get to him, I pretty much one-shot him only to see him respawn a couple seconds later and just kind of do nothing.

Azuka was kind of a crappy character in general but after all the "I'm so much more powerful than you" and "I can kill you but I'm just going to run" shit she pulled I was at least expecting a more from her given all that smack talk. I realize that these weekly quests are meant to be completable by anyone and I wouldn't want to deny a lesser geared player access to a pivotal story moment but I at least wish that after all of her deus ex machina crap we had to suffer through that she would at least become somewhat of an interesting character. I wished they would have expanded on the lore of her sword Sanketsu more, it was kind of a surprise to be able to loot it. Was her sword named or a big part of her character before this? I might have just not paid good enough attention.

And yeah as far as Grommash... him and the Warlords have proven to be all bark and no bite for now. I assume that this quest might take place AFTER we have cleared out Blackrock Foundry and killed Blackhand, since we apparently put the Iron Horde "on the run" after the raid is over and we complete Stage III of Khadgar's questline. The one interesting thing I could see coming out of this is Grommash making some sort of last ditch effort to win this war by making a pact with either Gul'dan or the Burning Legion, which would make sense given what we know about the final raid. He really has his back against the wall with almost all of his Warlords dead and being forced to fall back into Tanaan Jungle and the Iron Citadel, who knows what he might resort to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, but not really great I must say.
    So we suffer no casualties? I know that lore wise these are really unique and epic events, but it is lame that it is not portrayed that way gameplay wise. I hope that the enemy steps up the game in future patches, so far we have kicked their asses non stop.

What interest me the most is that everything is building up to actually be only a two tiers expansion. Unless we do something else before going to Tanaan and stop Grom.

Quote Originally Posted by frangeek View Post
    Interesting, but not really great I must say.
    So we suffer no casualties? I know that lore wise these are really unique and epic events, but it is lame that it is not portrayed that way gameplay wise. I hope that the enemy steps up the game in future patches, so far we have kicked their asses non stop.

What interest me the most is that everything is building up to actually be only a two tiers expansion. Unless we do something else before going to Tanaan and stop Grom.
    Botani/Primal raid with Podlings forming a gigantic, flesh-eating, horrific Voltron creature as the last boss?!?

One can dream

Edit: Not getting Choluna/Thisalee follower seems to be happening to everyone who has completed the quest so far even though they are listed as rewards when you turn the quest in. Looks like a bug to me.

Deleted
    To sum it up:

- pinnacle of some uninspired lore
    - 655 weapon or full ilvl upgrade
    - instant epic quality boost for a follower
    - 500g
    - a bugged follower

Sounds about right - but I dont see that epic quality boost as a great bonus ^^ with all the random skills and traits.

15+ Year Old Account
    People actually do these things? I stopped doing these dumb weekly quests after, I dunno...the second one? Complete waste of time for essentially nothing once a week. Or, in this case, waste of time for a bunch of nothings that I need and a bugged out reward that doesn't work.

Glad I haven't even bothered.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Underwhelming to say the least

I just used the outpost ability to kill that giant gronn which seemed laughable and to have Grom just shout i will get you next time gadget and walk off is just sad.

Also that damn follower is bugged

Sanketsu and it's nature is so inspired in Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Sanketsu and it's nature is so inspired in Bleach.
    Well, the Burning Blade and blade masters were always the weeaboo orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    People actually do these things? I stopped doing these dumb weekly quests after, I dunno...the second one? Complete waste of time for essentially nothing once a week. Or, in this case, waste of time for a bunch of nothings that I need and a bugged out reward that doesn't work.

Glad I haven't even bothered.
    Well, the 5.1 quests which this is styled after only gave a mount (and not even the armored version) at the very end.

Story could've been better but the rewards are on par (just fix the follower please)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Lorewise, this is one of the biggest letdowns in WoW history. I don't like turning the "whine mode" on for too long, but this is just bad.

It all lead up to this. A climatic clash between the player, the commander of forces assaulting Draenor, and Azuka Bladefury, one of the most powerful Warlords. Wielding the powers of Eye of Gorgorek, she awakens an army of Breakers, and with them one of the biggest giants that has ever existed - Gorgorek himself. The whole army of Azuka Bladefury, her Burning Blade legions supported by the Iron Horde and dozens of giants? And a Magnaron the size of a small city? How can we overcome thees impossible odds?

In one quest. In one short, easy quest. Go to the place we've never seen before (which looks like one of many places we have). Go forward, find Gorgorek already weakened, kill him. Yeah, just kill him, his attacks only tickle a bit, and he dies with a few punches. Yeah, a giant whose fist weights probably around 50 times more than you do is completly defenseless against you. Hey, he might be "The Worldrender", but everybody of us has a bad day sometimes.

Okay, that done, let's move on to the climactic battle with Azuka herself. No more tricks, no more playing around, it's time for a battle to death! Aaaand... she throws a few clumsy swings at you, being completly outclassed by your ability to "stand still and press '3' a couple of times". Oh wait, she has some tricks up in her sleeve! She summons a very slowly moving Burning Blade dude to sacrifice himself and grand her blade ultimate power! Okay, let's see what this does, let's not stop him. Great. "Ultimate power" means she tickles me 50% more. Just die already.

What's that? Her sword, the legendary Sanketsu, is lootable? Great! Let's take this with us, at least we have some spoils.

But wait, it's not the end! Out prowess in standing still and attacking has turned the head of Grommash himself! The Warlord rides his wolf towards out army and claims that it is not over. I sure hope it's not, Grom. What? Follow you into Tanaan Jungle, if we dare? Cool! Oh, you mean not now. Whenever the patch is released. Cool, we'll wait. Maybe I can get a peek into Tanaan when you open the gates to ride back? Ah, you will just teleport back somehow. That works too. Cool villain speech tho.

Back to Garrison, where the entire populace applauds at the returning heroes and throws a feast! Oh, you are not doing any of that. That's cool, continue skinning that hippo. Time to turn my ultimate prize in. Sanketsu, the legendary blade! Warmaster Zog claims that I have a choice of keeping it, or giving it to my Garrison? Screw you, the sword is mine... oh, he meant "no choice whatsoever, bitch, now give this sword to one of your followers". Oh, and Choluna joins my Garrison! Great, I needed a Tauren Druid! Or wait, she is Uncommon quality and ilvl 600, which contrasts with the other guys, who are Epic and 645. Deactivate it is.

10/10, would quest again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    10/10, would quest again.
    That is something like a perfect summary. The only thing those quests missed were sitcom laugh everytime something dumb happens (aka non-stop), and funny sounds everytime you beat a baddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That is something like a perfect summary. The only thing those quests missed were sitcom laugh everytime something dumb happens (aka non-stop), and funny sounds everytime you beat a baddie.
    Gorgorek getting killed in two hits should trigger a "wah wah waaaah" effect for sure.

God it was so bad.

Like, I don't even understand how it could be that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Unfortunately the Choluna follower might be bugged at the moment,
    I'm pretty sure that this is the least disappointing thing in the entire Campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so i just finished, and im gonna say, i changed my mind - its best quest ever. The drama and pathos combined with sheer idiocy make it hilarious. I love how we are sent to kill that gronn in gorgrond....god knows why. Then we have epic attack against giant superweapon that hits for less damage than any mob you can body pull on your way here. Then an epic showdown with azuka. I actually decided to take a risk and let one of orcs reach her. And guess what ? Literally nothing happens. NOTHING !!! It seems that blizzard assumed its so easy there is no point even putting fail state.

And i absolutely loved the way grom and his forces casually jog away, only to vanish into nothingness halfway the road. This is some creepypasta shit i tell you.

And hey, thisale was a first followers on my main to get epic promotion so she will at least look good while deactivated.

Almost forgot one of the best parts: Gorgoreks awakening. First you see him buried into the ground, so let's wait for some cool ass special effects of him rising... and the screen gets covered in mist. Where did the mist come from, I have no idea. Then mist vanishes and whoah, thats some deep magic out there! Now there's a Magnaron standing in there!

That's not lazy, thats ART.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Almost forgot one of the best parts: Gorgoreks awakening. First you see him buried into the ground, so let's wait for some cool ass special effects of him rising... and the screen gets covered in mist. Where did the mist come from, I have no idea. Then mist vanishes and whoah, thats some deep magic out there! Now there's a Magnaron standing in there!

That's not lazy, thats ART.
    It was a smoke bomb. Gorgerek was ninja all that time.

it was bad, at least they should have made it into a scenario