Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Don't get me started on Shatterspear -_- , though by the name of tribe I already predicted what they're designed for (wipeout), this still pissess me off >: [
    Why Blizzard couldn't leave them as one of WoW's mysteries? Why they have to make out of them another pinata "Yay for the might of Kaldorei" *blegh*

Oh I made 100# Post! Thanks a lot for attention and replies! It's very appreciated, and keep going guys spread awareness, let Blizzard finally adress those issues. But now...

Here is Cute Vol'Jin's Approval!

Taz'dingo! My thanks as well to everyone for all the support and for providing your own feedback! Haven't been this proud since my trolls were fighting for the Darkspear revolution!

Oh, and I see your Vol'jin and raise you...

100+ Posts! 8,400+ views! 6 pages AND high up on the front page! Darkspear represent!
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-23 at 08:11 PM.

I want to adress Seahnjin's concerns and I made another comparision picture, I might improve it later. But here I'm adressing both warpaint issues and the braided hairstyle:

Last edited by Ramz; 2015-04-23 at 10:06 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Great picture, thanks ! Hadn't noticed the purple war paint with the light blue hair was so much... brighter and "bluer" because my rogue has minimal face paint.

I just... don't understand what made them change the colors ?

I want to adress Seahnjin's concerns and I made another comparision picture, I might improve it later. But here I'm adressing both warpain issues and the braided hairstyle
    ... I was just sitting and mulling over what else we could bring up. Brilliant screenshots, it's been said a few times but I'm glad we now have something more visual to complement it with now!
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-23 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Great picture, thanks ! Hadn't noticed the purple war paint with the light blue hair was so much... brighter and "bluer" because my rogue has minimal face paint.

I just... don't understand what made them change the colors ?
    I also miss a lot intense aquamarine hair colour, it was the one I was using for my shaman. It was like super clean water. Now it's kinda dirtier version of it. Ironically other colours remianed rather faithful to original. Minus white colour which was thankfully reversed from shade of grey to back being pure white in WoD Beta.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I also miss a lot intense aquamarine hair colour, it was the one I was using for my shaman. It was like super clean water. Now it's kinda dirtier version of it. Ironically other colours remianed rather faithful to original. Minus white colour which was thankfully reversed from shade of grey to back being pure white in WoD Beta.
    To my eyes all colours, particularly when it comes to braid hairstyles, do appear a bit more muted because there's less highlights in the braids, I think the midnight blue haircolour is also darker now due to that.

Indeed, both my ivory-maned (yet not really that old) mains were very happy that the glaring whiteness remained just as glaring :P even the rogue.

Edit:

I take that back, I can see what you mean now, the aquamarine doesn't have as much the deep shades of blue that the older had to balance out with the more greenish tinge, which has now become slightly more dominant.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-23 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Indeed, all hair colors used to be more contrasted, now they seem to be slightly more uniform. I don't know much about 3D modeling, but I think it may be caused by the higher quality, "fuller" textures. It's true that the aquamarine color did gain some teal highlights out of nowhere... I suppose it didn't bother me on my rogue because it's my favorite color and compliments his skin tone so well you know ? Haha.

Indeed, all hair colors used to be more contrasted, now they seem to be slightly more uniform. I don't know much about 3D modeling, but I think it may be caused by the higher quality, "fuller" textures. It's true that the aquamarine color did gain some teal highlights out of nowhere... I suppose it didn't bother me on my rogue because it's my favorite color and compliments his skin tone so well you know ? Haha.
    It's not problem at all to change it back, all you need to do is change the hue to more blueish and adjust contrast:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

This is how you get clear blue.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Only reason I'm personally not stressing those concerns really is because I'm mostly so incredibly distracted by much bigger issues of incompletion. But that's just me, I'm all on board with Ramz keeping this thread going with "minor" issues that should be looked at as soon as the model can be considered "done". If they were to implement absolutely all of the changes this thread posits, even though all of them are valid, all in the same go I think we won't see a finished troll male model until the next xpack. I don't know when we'll see any tweaks or what they'll be, but I can only imagine it's taken this long because, hopefully, they've realized they have a lot to fix more than just the bandaid ones the troll male has gotten so far.

I'm hopeful we might get a relatively satisfactory overhaul even if they haven't noticed these threads, but I dearly hope they -have- noticed... Either older threads or the most recent ones and that a lot of the points will be addressed in whatever patch the troll male sees considerable change.

As is likely evident by now, (not including the braid because I think that's so painfully evident that they HAVE to fix it) my own priorities are:

The flat back < the textures < bugs < the eyes < (the following two are a tie for me) limbs, mismatched colours of facepaint/hair < the walk < other animations.

It's not problem at all to change it back, all you need to do is change the hue to more blueish and adjust contrast:

This is how you get clear blue.
    Yeah that's a lot more like it... Amazing how simple a fix that was. No excuses now Blizz! xD

I kid, I think.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-25 at 02:55 AM.

I'll implement later all warpaint options and how they changed to OP.

But as you can see with hairstyle colour it's not a big change, not time consuming but it does make a huge difference.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Did they fixed the two-handed animations for axes/swords/maces for female trolls?
    The left hand is constantly "losing" the weapon's hilt. The same thing happens while dual wielding.

Unfortunately I'm not able to post links/pics to show what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptas View Post
    Did they fixed the two-handed animations for axes/swords/maces for female trolls?
    The left hand is constantly "losing" the weapon's hilt. The same thing happens while dual wielding.

If my net is willing, I'll go on the PTR right way and check this out for you. One sec.

... Ooor I would have, if the realms weren't offline ^^;
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-24 at 02:00 PM.

I'll check it once I'll have a chance

Anyway I'm posting all warpaint colour options for you to examine.

I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll check it once I'll have a chance

Anyway I'm posting all warpaint colour options for you to examine.

It's so weird that the complaint with all the other races is "The colors are more muted now" whereas with the face paint for trolls it's the opposite, they're too vibrant now. What's so difficult about getting the colors right? I don't understand.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    It's so weird that the complaint with all the other races is "The colors are more muted now" whereas with the face paint for trolls it's the opposite, they're too vibrant now. What's so difficult about getting the colors right? I don't understand.
    I'm not sure it's the majority of the facepaints themselves that are all -that- brighter... I mean, with the case of the green hair colour option it clearly and unmistakeably is, to an extent the blue, colder hues as well suffer from this a little... And the gray option is now lighter... I feel the warmer hues, the yellow and orange ones are the closest we've gotten to the old colours.

However part of what might give the impression of being so much more vibrant might be that the troll male's skin is less vibrant than on the original, partially because the textures themselves are muddied and lack more volume and depth in terms of shading and highlights compared to most others.

But I agree that some of them, if not most, are a tiny bit off... Though with the clearly different colours, like with the one that used to be the deep dark green, I have no idea how that could happen.

However, I do feel I suddenly noticed that the gray haircolour is fairly different now too...
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-24 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Maybe they did that so trolls could use "Taste the rainbow mother#$#" catchphrase :P

JK, I think most of them are faithful transition but it's the texture on chin that is much lighter that makes it look more intense.

Though I'd also like if certain combos were adressed- mainly the green one and aquamarine to a degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Could somebody re-post this thread on Us forums?
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-04-24 at 09:42 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I'm going to assume this is what you meant:

In terms of the dual wielding it's a case of "blink and you'll mis it" but I agree that it's kind of bad and should be addressed...

but that it also happens when you're just standing battle-ready with a two-handed weapon is particularly jarring.

In terms of the dual wielding it's a case of "blink and you'll mis it" but I agree that it's kind of bad and should be addressed...

but that it also happens when you're just standing battle-ready with a two-handed weapon is particularly jarring.
    Yes, this is exactly what I meant. Thanks for testing it.
    It seems unlikely that this is going to be fixed soon. Blizz might consider it too unimportant to fix, which is sad but understandable.
    But one can still hope.

Really nice job compiling all of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they did that so trolls could use "Taste the rainbow mother#$#" catchphrase :P

JK, I think most of them are faithful transition but it's the texture on chin that is much lighter that makes it look more intense.

Though I'd also like if certain combos were adressed- mainly the green one and aquamarine to a degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Could somebody re-post this thread on Us forums?
    I've actually been working on a compilation thread for all the races. I'd be happy to include your comprehensive list of troll issues.

Sig by Isilrien