Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    There's two, maybe three encounters in BRF that are at all meaningful for parsing on.
    Even oregorger isn't meaningful when you are on the bitch melee group for the control strat. QQ

I started playing Aff instead of Demo on a lot of fights last night to start practicing. Sad days, folks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Even oregorger isn't meaningful when you are on the bitch melee group for the control strat. QQ

I started playing Aff instead of Demo on a lot of fights last night to start practicing. Sad days, folks.
    How did pressing your 5 binds go

There's two, maybe three encounters in BRF that are at all meaningful for parsing on.
    Pretty much only Oregorger, Hans and Franz, Gruul, and Iron Maidens. Every other fight has a ton of adds or some mechanic that promotes scumbagging (Slagged Siegemakers on BH).

heh. Well, I hadn't played aff since MoP. Without snapshotting, I decided to just make weak auras to notify me when each dot had 30% duration left and make a different audio sound for each dot. It was an interesting way to play. Definitely prevents tunneling on dot timers, which was neat. Wasn't as great for multi dotting, but I'll figure it out. I might have to start weaving in pointless shadowfurys just to make it more interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    heh. Well, I hadn't played aff since MoP. Without snapshotting, I decided to just make weak auras to notify me when each dot had 30% duration left and make a different audio sound for each dot. It was an interesting way to play. Definitely prevents tunneling on dot timers, which was neat. Wasn't as great for multi dotting, but I'll figure it out. I might have to start weaving in pointless shadowfurys just to make it more interesting though.
    put on your MoP challenge set and weave in a /roar macro imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    put on your MoP challenge set and weave in a /roar macro imo.
    Do affliction on maidens while soaking blade dash, it's fun man, trust me!
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2015-06-04 at 10:22 PM.

i'm sure it was 1 button less fun than playing demo

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I just had a look at the 6.2 patch notes. And see the mastery change. I guess they somewhat found another knob to turn to at least bring Demo to still viable pre 6.2 gear/trinkets? Or is it not really going to make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    So I just had a look at the 6.2 patch notes. And see the mastery change. I guess they somewhat found another knob to turn to at least bring Demo to still viable pre 6.2 gear/trinkets? Or is it not really going to make a difference?
    I think its been discussed in the 6.2 Discussion thread. You should look there. Seems like Demonbolt is doing absurd damage though.

Does demo lock multi dot corruption? If cata is on cd or not talented.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MycantrumX View Post
    I think its been discussed in the 6.2 Discussion thread. You should look there. Seems like Demonbolt is doing absurd damage though.
    Ah yeah just had a look. May have regretted it... Sigh... Whys it so hard to balance locks... I really don't want to have to play a boring play style spec again... I guess it's going to be "balanced" according to blizzard... But once everyones geared and theres 8 million affi locks (slight exaggeration) blizzard will nerf them then go "time for destro to come back". Sigh. Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Does demo lock multi dot corruption? If cata is on cd or not talented.
    Yes, you should keep corruption up on as many targets as you can.. its covered in the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Yes, you should keep corruption up on as many targets as you can.. its covered in the guide.
    Is there a target limit or something? Like on beastlords spears and adds, operator thogar adds?

I believe the critera is be alive for over 6 seconds according to the Summonstone guide rather than a number thing. Also whether the bosses are progress or farm though the former will also depend on what your particular set up is having issues with. If you are lacking single target damage on Thogar/Beastlord/Blast for example but the multiple targets are melting then leave the latter alone (at that particular point in time). If you are AoEing for the win and have your 4 set then banking CWs (and/or the use of HoGs as needed) will be far more significant to you than dotting everything for something short lived.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a target limit or something? Like on beastlords spears and adds, operator thogar adds?
    Its worth the GCD if the target will be alive for 6 seconds or more. Same as Doom for ~14 seconds or more.

I can't comment on what you should or should not be DoT'ing up that isn't a primary target, depends on how quickly the fluff dies in your raids.
    Last edited by Zevoa; 2015-06-06 at 09:43 AM.

Its worth the GCD if the target will be alive for 6 seconds or more. Same as Doom for ~14 seconds or more.

I can't comment on what you should or should not be DoT'ing up that isn't a primary target, depends on how quickly the fluff dies in your raids.
    Oh right. So for bosses like maidens and H/F you maintain both dots 100% on all of the boss dudes?

Oh right. So for bosses like maidens and H/F you maintain both dots 100% on all of the boss dudes?
    Yes you do.

Ah yeah just had a look. May have regretted it... Sigh... Whys it so hard to balance locks... I really don't want to have to play a boring play style spec again... I guess it's going to be "balanced" according to blizzard... But once everyones geared and theres 8 million affi locks (slight exaggeration) blizzard will nerf them then go "time for destro to come back". Sigh. Blizzard...
    To be fair I believe the strength of Demonbolt with GoServ is skewed due to the legendary ring proc. Ghaddo could answer more appropriately.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MycantrumX View Post
    To be fair I believe the strength of Demonbolt with GoServ is skewed due to the legendary ring proc. Ghaddo could answer more appropriately.
    Yeah the only issue as mentioned by you (if I remember rightly?) or someone else is that we won't have the ring until later. I mean maybe once demo locks have enough gear + the trinket our kit will still make us viable depending upon encounters? So instead of the whole affi/destro being superior we could end up being able to make a choice depending on encounter. I've quite enjoyed demo during 6.1 starting maidens progress monday should be fun. woo!

Yeah the only issue as mentioned by you (if I remember rightly?) or someone else is that we won't have the ring until later. I mean maybe once demo locks have enough gear + the trinket our kit will still make us viable depending upon encounters? So instead of the whole affi/destro being superior we could end up being able to make a choice depending on encounter. I've quite enjoyed demo during 6.1 starting maidens progress monday should be fun. woo!
    I'm not saying that we will only be viable with x, y, or z. I mean that Demonbolt is very strong under that situation according to sims that have been produced. Demo as a whole only ended up taking like a 3% nerf or something after the recent buffs?