Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    You'd have to be pretty ideologically blinded not to realize that both sides of the Israeli- Palestinian conflict have done, and is still doing, some pretty fucked up shit. The real victims are the civillians (on both sides) that are just trying to get on with their lives. That having been said, there is no excuse of Israel treating Palestinian Israelis and other Israeli of non-jewish faith / different ethnicity in a way that is similar to apartheid. These are not "enemy combatants", they are citizens of the state of Israel, and are as such entitled to equal treatment.

I find the irony of the way the Israeli government is treating their citizens of different ethnicity and faith quite shocking, given the historically awful treatment they have been subjected to themselves.
    This is pretty much how I feel. Given how Jews were treated back in the days, it is quite awful to see that they apparently have not learned what it means to be subjected to discrimination and hate.

It surely doesn't help either side that the hostility is two-sided, though.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    You should read the Likud party charter.
    I have read it out loud to some people, changing the odd word here and there, and then said it was hamas - No one said a thing - then when i said it was Likuds they were like, No way?
    - this shit will not be solved until we treat the Israelis the same way we treat the Palestinians - the west spent decades making them come to the table - we ought to break out the sanctions and make the Israelis do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

im guessing all of them.
    btw, the above, the textbook example of an apartheid state.
    Its not like Likud wasn't formed from terrorist groups or anything...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Its not like Likud wasn't formed from terrorist groups or anything...
    The Irgun killed twice as many people in the bombing of the King David hotel as died in Palestinian rocket attacks in the last ten years.

Netanyahu participated in a celebration of the atrocity a few years back. It was at that point many began to understand Israel isn't the good guy here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The Irgun killed twice as many people in the bombing of the King David hotel as died in Palestinian rocket attacks in the last ten years.

Netanyahu participated in a celebration of the atrocity a few years back. It was at that point many began to understand Israel isn't the good guy here.
    There is always the Lehi ribbon too.
    Yay, a military honour named for a terrorist organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    You don't need a bunch of scholars to tell you what is wrong with Israel ... Everything !

the worst thing of it, Israelis don't consider Palestinians as human beings, and Americans are okay with it,

Palestinian Women, Children Stop IDF Soldier Detaining a Minor
    He also throws a concussion bomb while leaving. A true hero. Let me remind everyone that the minor he's trying to detain has a broken arm.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-08-29 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

I completely agree with you. Israel's celebrated those. They semi-recently celebrated attacking American businesses to try and draw the US into war with Egypt. Gave the plotters (terrorists, really) medals.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Sure they may not be Nazism in the full extend of what we know of them but at the very least the regime in power displays signs of Facism and racism towards others, what were the birth signs of the nazi regime.
    So your claim is that Netanyahu or however it is spelled holds speeches about the peoples community and how everyone can best be their part in the machine, how to best make the ideal society flow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    So your claim is that Netanyahu or however it is spelled holds speeches about the peoples community and how everyone can best be their part in the machine, how to best make the ideal society flow?
    No, but he does hold speeches about how Israel is a Jewish state - and the 'sacred home of the Jewish people' - If i replace Jew with German, you know what you would get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying real hard to merely high light one part seen in fascism to say there aren't resemblances of any kind?

I would not be surprised considering the conscription that such speeches were held and that everyone has their role to play, we are speaking of a person so set on staying in power he will literally go over corpses, look at what support he had to get and more importantly from who to do so. Also note the comments from foreign ministers that point out that he is more concerned regarding his position than any peace talks, what is no surprise considering what parties he caved in for to do so.

It will probably be harder to find speeches from bibi condemning actions fitting that of a fascist regime.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying real hard to merely high light one part seen in fascism to say there aren't resemblances of any kind?
    Bah, all you truly have is racism, that is the point. You cannot label every racist a nazi or you would have to label every other European politician a nazi. Not saying they are not (the Europeans that is.. i am kinda implying the Israeli are not but as a European i have my doubts about other Europeans) but you need more, a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No, but he does hold speeches about how Israel is a Jewish state - and the 'sacred home of the Jewish people' - If i replace Jew with German, you know what you would get.
    Again.. racism is not nazism. Also i think the current Danish government has made a point of saying that Denmark is a christian state at some point, that does not make them nazi's either

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, all you truly have is racism, that is the point. You cannot label every racist a nazi or you would have to label every other European politician a nazi. Not saying they are not (the Europeans that is.. i am kinda implying the Israeli are not but as a European i have my doubts about other Europeans) but you need more, a lot more.
    Not really, considering the rejecting of an equal two state solution points to more than mere racism. I'm very curious to see with the right on the rise in Israel how much political power Palestinians will get that migrate to Israel or even rights.
    If some parties had their way they would gladly also put those folks in gas chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Another one of you ? Yes, clearly everyone who does not agree with the palestine cause is a jew.
    Of course Israel should be judged for its crimes, but this does not make the palestines the good guys in this history.

Just don't know how using children as shield is less serious than those chemical weapons.

And yeah, nobody said the middle east is a tribal collection of nations. Israel just happens to be a much better place for living, and contributes much more for the advance of the civilization than it's neighbors. Including respect of human rights, yeah, you heard it right. Children using guns ? You don't see it in Israel. Women treated like shit ? You don't see it in Israel.
    You make it sound like they take Children and Place them in houses saying "Hey kids wait here for a minute" I would Think that if IDF is so concerned about killing innocent Children why dont they, you know gather intel about their targets instead of just firing blindly to somewhere where there was an attack made from a few minutes ago?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rezzented View Post
    I used to live in Israel -- here is what I found.

Jewish and Arab people got along fine in markets, friends, etc etc.

However, there were certain areas of Israel that were Arab towns and Jewish towns. I definitely felt there were some "racist" remarks on both sides, but nothing too out of the ordinary. It really has to do with the ongoing conflict of land disputions. I consider myself a Zionist, as while not religious at all myself I support Israel because the Jews need a homeland. It is sad, but very true. Look at Europe the last few years and it's slow turn towards massive antisemitism.

While I do not think it is a good idea to base a state off of religion, I think for the Jews it is a necessary evil. People can bring up cases of x murder x etc., truth is it happens on both sides.

As for the Israeli military, I have nothing but the utmost respect for them. I did not serve since I lived there during my mid 30s, but Israel is the only state that actually warns opposing enemies days in advance of missiles in hope that innocent civilians will leave. They take all the precautions, but as the case with Black people, a few bad apples makes all of them look bad.

It is truly sad Israel is getting a bad rep when they really are a state based on equality and anti-war. I just hope someday they won't have to keep on fighting to keep their rightful land from terrorists.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this comment above me shockingly ignorant. If they don't use airstrikes their whole population dies. Why are they using airstrikes? Because terrorists are literally non-stop bombing them. I want more people to visit Israel instead of blindly following media and #savepalestine bullshit.
    Why are they doing this you say, i mean what is the Point. dont they Think that the "terrorists" will move away also? And If everyone leaves what is the Point?
    All it do is destroy peoples schools hospitals and houses for no good reason.

Deleted
    Again.. racism is not nazism. Also i think the current Danish government has made a point of saying that Denmark is a christian state at some point, that does not make them nazi's either
    This might be a shocker to you, but nazis is racists - More importantly, they are combining this with treating its Arab minority as second class citizens, and have official documents relating to how they wont tolerate them being their own state.
    You may want to read up on the Bantu states.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantustan

- - - Updated - - -

If some parties had their way they would gladly also put those folks in gas chambers.
    well some of them use terror to force the Palestinians to move.
    - For some reason the IDF doesn't actually you know, what's the word... Stop them?

Not really, considering the rejecting of an equal two state solution points to more than mere racism. I'm very curious to see with the right on the rise in Israel how much political power Palestinians will get that migrate to Israel or even rights.
    In the current military climate, Israel would be insane to open itself up to danger for some ethical beliefs. As it stands Palestinians in Israel are much better off than Palestinians anywhere else in the region, so I don't quite get the intense criticism of Israel while ignoring how other countries act in the same situation...
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    He also throws a concussion bomb while leaving. A true hero. Let me remind everyone that the minor he's trying to detain has a broken arm.
    Well, the broken hand surely didn't interfere in any way shape or form to his rock throwing, the soldier was way too humane with that little pos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Well, the broken hand surely didn't interfere in any way shape or form to his rock throwing, the soldier was way too humane with that little pos.
    Do you have footage of kid throwing stone?

Here is what soldier did.

"Way too humane"

You are right, he should have blown their heads off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    In the current military climate, Israel would be insane to open itself up to danger for some ethical beliefs. As it stands Palestinians in Israel are much better off than Palestinians anywhere else in the region, so I don't quite get the intense criticism of Israel while ignoring how other countries act in the same situation...
    So, not burning kids to death=opening itself up to danger?

Did it never occur to you that killing people's familites tends to piss them off, radicaiize them and make them extremly violent. Did it also never occur to that every time some IDF atrocity happens it gets beamed around the world causing donations and weapons to flood into Hamas?

And if you are talking about other countries, yeah the US is an object lesson in how not to fight foreign wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Do you have footage of kid throwing stone?

Here is what soldier did.

"Way too humane"

You are right, he should have blown their heads off
    Looks like the show have succeeded, cry some more.

Recognizing the twat? because i sure do, should have loaded rubber and pelted his foot, getting bad coverage anyway so why give a flying fuck about your approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Looks like the show have succeeded, cry some more.

Recognizing the twat? because i sure do, should have loaded rubber and pelted his foot, getting bad coverage anyway so why give a flying fuck about your approval.
    Still doesn't justify the way he's been tried to be detained and still is not "way too humane".

That's true. South Africa has never bombed black children.