Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ah, yes, the "shut up it's not done" bullshit. Followed by the "you should have said something before it went live... well... they'll fix it in the next expac." BS.

Do you people connect both neurons before you type?
    The fact that you only have two neurons explains a lot about your posting.

Can someone explain which and what class are unfinished or broken in detail ? only I here now is a lot of ppl said they're broken but didn't show any evidence or try to make and example

Alternative specs are not looking good.

Let use Rogues...Assassination is shell of its former self..the alternative is Legion Sub with gimped Shadow Dance charges or an Outlaw Rogue with super, super RNG Roll the Bones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2RyR9VOJ8E

At some point the training wheels, RNG, and autopoilot passives have now crossed over the point of unacceptable in determining player throughput instead of skill, timing, and understanding of the class and specs. Taking away player choice and flavor of the specs/classes, so we can go through the rail roaded theme park of Legion as merely spectators instead of actually participants is the greatest crime of what they are proposing to do in Legion.

Imagine, two Outlaw Rogues of the same skill, one rolls all the buffs of Roll the Bones during the fight and the other does not. That is without taking into consideration trinket procs, or legendaries. Such variance has now reached the point that player skill doesn't matter.

This is why the other thread with Preach is how many pages long? Preach explicitly stated, it doesn't matter which order you use Pro Pal skills as you literally can''t screw it up. That is not healthy for the direction of the game to go.

Lazy developers like the idea because it means less work for them. But in the end it leads to a mind numbing dull player experience as player's characters are what binds us to the world and how we interact with that massive world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IBZ View Post
    Can someone explain which and what class are unfinished or broken in detail ? only I here now is a lot of ppl said they're broken but didn't show any evidence or try to make and example
    Read the alpha forums. Nearly all specs are in poor shape simply because Blizz decided all specs in the game needed to be reworked for some oddball reason.

To make me read an alpha forum isn't show an evidence or show the example at all....

but well I agree the assassination rogue in legion has a lot of passive talent that didn't change rotation much compare to other spec.

but still I didn't believe that they don't have to do "overlycomplex" spec or rotation to make game fun. The game will fun because of the mix of not too basic rotation and complex of boss ability that will make the different of player's skills.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one can explain because they are just venting frustration that their favorite class may have been potentially nerfed.

Deleted
    Elemental is heavily loaded with AoE spells, and most talents rows along with half the talents just don't make any sense. Its all there on the official forum - 50% of the problems could be simply solved by shuffling talents. The only thing which lacks now for a perfect WoD 2.0 is Celestalon telling Elemental Shaman how to play.

- - - Updated - - -

To make me read an alpha forum isn't show an evidence or show the example at all.
    Yeah, but no one is here to persuade you. You ask for evidence, theres plenty of it rotting on the official forums, getting no attention.

Deleted
    Like nearly 4 months to go, it'll be fine, you guys freak over every little thing nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Elemental is heavily loaded with AoE spells, and most talents rows along with half the talents just don't make any sense. Its all there on the official forum - 50% of the problems could be simply solved by shuffling talents. The only thing which lacks now for a perfect WoD 2.0 is Celestalon telling Elemental Shaman how to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but no one is here to persuade you. You ask for evidence, theres plenty of it rotting on the official forums, getting no attention.
    No replies =/ no attention. If blizzard has to reply to everything they'd need to double their staff for it, not going to happen.

Also there are plenty of players and like 10-20 of each class and spec that give direct feedback to the devs themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    With the recent responses to Brewmasters and Arms warriors on the front page of MMO champ is Legion in danger of being WoD 2.0? It seems to me that stripping and pruning away class defining skills and talents and not filling the void with compelling game play is leaving many with a bitter taste in their mouth.

In short, is Blizz banking too much on legendary set bonuses, class set bonuses, and trinkets to offer dynamic game play? Or is it fundamentally better to build classes and specs that are dynamic and interesting before the introduction of set bonuses and trinkets? Thoughts?
    I think you dont know wtf you're talking about. Game is in alpha. Go smoke a bowl and calm your ass down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Like nearly 4 months to go, it'll be fine, you guys freak over every little thing nowadays.
    You simply lack the experience with WoW expansions. Tuning has started, which lowered the chance of getting mechanical changes to basically zero. And now it's even worse, since they didn't make mass invites yet - the majority of the player base didn't even test the new changes.

- - - Updated - - -

No replies =/ no attention. If blizzard has to reply to everything they'd need to double their staff for it, not going to happen.

Also there are plenty of players and like 10-20 of each class and spec that give direct feedback to the devs themselves.
    This would make sense if Blizzard silently reacted to player feedback, which they don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You simply lack the experience with WoW expansions. Tuning has started, which lowered the chance of getting mechanical changes to basically zero. And now it's even worse, since they didn't make mass invites yet - the majority of the player base didn't even test the new changes.
    I've been in every wow alpha and beta excluding legion, and pretty much every other blizzard game alpha since wrath of the lich king. Tuning can happen before and after mechanical changes (both WoD and MoP had tuning passes before and after mechanical changes. Like they said this tuning was done to give more accurate feedback on raid bosses and tuning related to that, but guess you aren't experienced with comprehended reading.

after hearing over and over again how boring classes are to play I think there is only so much enjoyment you can derive from playing a class till it becomes boring. there is only so much blizzard can do. I would much rather a spec play cleanly. most people are on auto pilot after 20 hours of playing there class anyways.

Deleted
    I've been in every wow alpha and beta excluding legion, and pretty much every other blizzard game alpha since wrath of the lich king. Tuning can happen before and after mechanical changes (both WoD and MoP had tuning passes before and after mechanical changes. Like they said this tuning was done to give more accurate feedback on raid bosses and tuning related to that, but guess you aren't experienced with comprehended reading.
    Yes, of course you were there. Maybe this is also the reason why WoD happened, with people like you being a part of any testing phase ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    after hearing over and over again how boring classes are to play I think there is only so much enjoyment you can derive from playing a class till it becomes boring. there is only so much blizzard can do. I would much rather a spec play cleanly. most people are on auto pilot after 20 hours of playing there class anyways.
    Classes can also become boring after too much pruning. No one can deny that the majority of specs were more demanding in the past. WoD simply disarmed any complexity DoT specs ever had.

Didn't they explicitly say "We're just tuning now, every class is pretty much done."?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Didn't they explicitly say "We're just tuning now, every class is pretty much done."?
    Basically this. But there's only so much you can do about unteachable people, who always come into threads like this and say "oholololol... wait for beta/release" or similar BS.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    No, they explicitly said, "At this point, class mechanics are firm, but not necessarily set in stone yet." (emphasis added).

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    No, they explicitly said, "At this point, class mechanics are firm, but not necessarily set in stone yet." (emphasis added).
    That is what Blizz always says when they start damage tuning.

So yeah they are 99% done with class mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    That's blizz's way of saying that class mechanics are set in stone unless something forces them to go back and change shit. So, yeah, class mechanics are done. What's in the alpha is pretty much what we'll get live.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sure,you've been in every alpha and beta. Uh huh...

In past WoW expansions mechanical changes very rarely happened after tuning passes started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    That's blizz's way of saying that class mechanics are set in stone unless something forces them to go back and change shit. So, yeah, class mechanics are done. What's in the alpha is pretty much what we'll get live.
    It IS kind of cute how some people have amnesia about prior expansions, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It IS kind of cute how some people have amnesia about prior expansions, isn't it?
    It is. It's like people want to remain naive.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    It is mind boggling that they are going to release this to the masses (classes in their current state). No wonder they have called it "alpha" even at this point...everything has been about damage control and limited amount of testers ensures maximizing up front box sales at launch.