Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Two things.

1: You are right about creating competition with your current MMO. That is, assuming the profit generated by WoW stays with WoW. If it doesn't, then all Blizzard has to do is worry about development costs and pull from the company's bank to pay for it. If half of the current WoW players split off and play another Blizzard game, for the same cost, the company isn't losing money.

2: They developed Overwatch as an MMO first, under the codename Titan, and eventually killed the project when it didn't live up to expectations. They then took parts of it and created Overwatch. This shows that Blizzard isn't against the idea of developing an MMO that would stand beside WoW.
    And, if I may:

3: WoW is really aging, it gets easier and easier to see for every year that passes. The engine is old, ineffective and pretty much obsolete.
    Imagine how wow would look and play on a proper, modern and optimized engine!

I don't know, I just want nice things, and Blizzard are good at making nice things, or they used to be, definitely.

Deleted
    I would rather see wow2 over starcraft/diablo mmorpgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Two things.

1: You are right about creating competition with your current MMO. That is, assuming the profit generated by WoW stays with WoW. If it doesn't, then all Blizzard has to do is worry about development costs and pull from the company's bank to pay for it. If half of the current WoW players split off and play another Blizzard game, for the same cost, the company isn't losing money.

2: They developed Overwatch as an MMO first, under the codename Titan, and eventually killed the project when it didn't live up to expectations. They then took parts of it and created Overwatch. This shows that Blizzard isn't against the idea of developing an MMO that would stand beside WoW.
    1) Well, yes and no. In terms of revenue from subs (assuming it'd be a sub-based game), then no, they would not lose money if half the playerbase split off. However, they would have to move large parts of the WoW team to the Diablo team and even then fire people. Take into account the cost of devs attuning to now develop for WoD(World of Diablo) instead of WoW, as well as the fact that a new game costs more to maintain than an old game like WoW, they would end up with way smaller profits.
    Edit: And when I say attune, I mean get used to developing for all the new systems and coding that would undoubtedly come with a modern Diablo MMO.

2) First of all, is it even confirmed that Titan became Overwatch? And secondly, there was never official confirmation that they were making a new MMO. All they said was that they were working on something "New and exciting", and that it was codenamed "Titan". Even then, the speculation went that we were getting an MMOFPS(eg Planetside 2) rather than MMORPG, which makes it less of a competitor than a WoW set in the Diablo universe.

Legacy servers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tinfoil hat On

FPSMMO based on Diablo universe, similar to Destiny. Using Overwatch game engine.

Anviable on PS4/XBO/Win10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    That is different, Diablo II was aging and needed new tech. Diablo III is still going strong.
    Your logic seems to be founded in feels rather than facts. It's really hard to have a rational discussion with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    2) First of all, is it even confirmed that Titan became Overwatch? And secondly, there was never official confirmation that they were making a new MMO. All they said was that they were working on something "New and exciting", and that it was codenamed "Titan". Even then, the speculation went that we were getting an MMOFPS(eg Planetside 2) rather than MMORPG, which makes it less of a competitor than a WoW set in the Diablo universe.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6439068/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URuC1-nlCNw

Formerly known as Arafal

Honestly kind of hoping for a straight up RPG in Diablo's universe.

Nobody knows what this new project will be other than those involved with it at Blizzard, everyones saying it's diablo 4, a Diablo MMO, but hey, it could just be a diablo film, we don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's a brand new IP but some strong contenders could be new diablo expansion, or Diablo 4/Starcraft 3. I really doubt we'll ever have a WoW 2.0 let alone another MMO from Blizz. Once WoW dies I think they'll be out of the MMO business since Overwatch and Hearthstone make them obscene amounts of money already

Will be a diablo MMOARPG with lots of solo content and will be released on PC and consoles.

So nothing to be hyped for.

HD remake of Diablo II? Perhaps I'm being too hopeful?

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    I honestly doubt a 'World of Diablo' is coming out. It'd be a direct competitor to WoW. Why make a direct competitor to your own game?
    Because 1 will be F2P with MTX, and the other will be sub.

Which one?

10+ Year Old Account
    my guess would be a new diablo expac

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    lol new project

get ready to shell out 60 bucks for diablo 4, play it for 2 months and stop forever.
    most games cost 60bucks and last maybe 10hours
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Because 1 will be F2P with MTX, and the other will be sub.

Which one?
    F2P does not make an mmo more appealing otherwise they would all have more players than WoW. Gameplay matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard always has multiple unannounced projects going at once. It's impossible to guess which one of them he moved to.

My guess is that it probably isn't Diablo-related and is just one of the other unannounced projects.
    Last edited by Simca; 2016-10-13 at 09:41 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I would rather see wow2 over starcraft/diablo mmorpgs.
    Not trying to read into it/obvi you're comparing what you wouldn't want to see etc - but I guess it always makes me wonder why anyone would want a WoW2.. they already change the engine, update graphics, and polish the game.. what's the point in making 5mill people restart after playing for almost 12 years? Again, I know I'm reaching here-but I would genuinely love to hear a good statement why WoW2 would even remotely be successful when blizz can just continue to add on with what they have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now I have not played Diablo much and only ran through D3 1 time and then was over it but isn't Diablo just about heavenly forces and heroes fighting Demons?
    People are pretty sick of the whole fighting demon thing and do you really think they are going to now start a new MMO with such a narrow focus?
    Granted I have never been into Diablo and only played D3 cause Blizz gave it to me with my sub so maybe there is more to it.

I have a feeling it is going to be something altogether new. I sure hope it is.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    lol new project

get ready to shell out 60 bucks for diablo 4, play it for 2 months and stop forever.
    Like many many other games.