Poll: Should fireworks fall under heavier regulation?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should fireworks fall under heavier regulation?

New years, 4th of July, etc.

Lots of drinking, lots of excitement, lots of people acting careless when it comes to fire safety - ignoring drought conditions, shooting projectile fireworks over their neighbors homes, etc.

Should fireworks fall under heavier regulation? ...or even be legal at all for private use?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wish. We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. No fires yet, but god damn do I want to hit them over the head with a crowbar for lack of firework decency.

Also, people that set off fireworks after 12am on July 4th and after 1am on New Years Eve / Day are evil incarnate.

illegal here anyway, so no dramas. people let them off all the time though... (oh except canberra)

They should make it so you only see the flash with no bang for the animals sake. Saw a guy got beaten to a bloody pulp for fireing a rocket at someones dog, was nice to see actually that guy was a real dick.

In chile we banned the private use of fireworks since the 2000s
    The danger of burns and property damage is very high and (for our lawmakers) not worth the benefit.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I'm from central TX where burn bans are in effect for a majority of the summer. Sometimes idiots STILL shoot them off during the 4th of July, and yes... they've caused fires. One started a small wild fire right near where we used to live. Just because they decided to ignore the burn ban.

So yes, I think there should be more regulation. There are idiots going nuts right now just outside my house. Luckily I live in WA state now, and it's constantly raining. Even right now... not sure why the military base is even allowing this. They OWN the property (base housing).

10+ Year Old Account
    here where i live fireworks are basically banned anyways. except for sparklers and poppers. police usually look the other way unless they get a noise complaint because they can't be bothered to care about it.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-01-01 at 06:09 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I wish they would keep it out of the hands of idiots like this guy.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Its illegal here in Australia and someone died close by last night as he shot a firework off straight into his own head where it exploded on impact. This wasn't a fire craker but a full 10 year old "professional" firework.

By principle I do not support the banning of things and as there are already noise laws and fire ban laws where i live in see no reason to ban fireworks.

The principle of playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes applies for the above man.
    Last edited by Unhinged; 2017-01-01 at 10:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Illegal here already. Either that or the population is very considerate lol. When everyone uses them it can become a nightmare of a celebration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    New years, 4th of July, etc.

Lots of drinking, lots of excitement, lots of people acting careless when it comes to fire safety - ignoring drought conditions, shooting projectile fireworks over their neighbors homes, etc.

Should fireworks fall under heavier regulation? ...or even be legal at all for private use?
    It pretty much cannot be heavier regulated, in Denmark, without a ban..

You can only buy it 27-31/12 and may only use it until 3/1, i.e. one week.
    All kind of explosives are illegal.
    You may not store more than 75 grams of powder (a rocket typically have 2-4 grams).

In my eyes, it should be set COMPLETELY free.. It would result in much less illegal sales, with less accidents as a positive consequence, and you would also spread it out, over the year, while 31/12 ofc still will be the biggest day.

That being said: Seest (in Denmark) 2004 --> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdzd35dr314
    200 houses evaluated, 100M Euro worth of damages, in one the biggest fireworks explosions, in the world..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-01-01 at 10:54 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

They're pretty restricted here in California, but that doesn't matter because people can just buy them from other states.

Plus, idiots have figured out how to start fires and blow their hands off with the "safe" fireworks.

Deleted
    Whats wrong with being able to blow up some shit once per year with fireworks?

I mean we cant get our hands on an thermonuclear charge so fireworks is our only way to experience it, why should mythbusters be the only ones allowed to blow up shit for fun?

Last year a whole apartment building burned down in my town because of one of those floating lanterns.

Regarding fireworks, I think they just should be illegal inside cities.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    depends on where you reside

drought stricken state with lots of easily inflammable stuff? probably makes sense yeah

Deleted
    In Romania, up until like... 10 years ago, fireworks were permitted to be used by everyone. Due to that, in the Christmas - New Year time we always had dozens of cases that had burned their fingers or something resulting amputation, people growing blind or deaf and even some deaths.
    They were made illegal unless you have a special permit that is given only to certain companies. Although there still are illegal vendors at times, it's incredibly better now. The previous incidents have almost fully disappeared.

Honestly I think other countries should follow the same pattern. Only specialized companies dealing with fireworks.

I'm sure it will now that it's become a trend here for youngsters to throw firecrackers and even shoot rockets at each other, cars and property. In some areas they've even begun throwing firecrackers into apartments where the front door is unlocked. In one apartment it started a fire which almost spread as far as to the family pets (guinea pigs) before the owner came back and could put out the fire.

Fireworks should be allowed to be fired in controlled areas and ONLY at the stroke of midnight. Not 1 week prior and 1 week after New Year's Eve.

fireworks should maybe be controlled better but that doesnt bother me as much as the idiots shooting guns off at midnight.

every damn Jan 1st i wake up to news of kids hit by stray bullets.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

You could pass more laws, but I think people would just break them.

A lot of fireworks legislation here gets ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    fireworks should maybe be controlled better but that doesnt bother me as much as the idiots shooting guns off at midnight.

every damn Jan 1st i wake up to news of kids hit by stray bullets.
    that doesn't happen here because last time it did there were a half dozen cop cars at said residence.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.