Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    And that's a reason for gating it? If it's not raiding, why gate it?

- - - Updated - - -

And that makes it better for you how? Do you just hate LFR players so much, it gives you a boner to know they have to wait?

Tell me one reason why it's a good thing LFR players have to wait 10 weeks to kill Gul'dan.
    Raids should be cleared with effort and co-ordination, LFR is already a joke, you shouldn't have a full clear straight away. It's already piss easy so you need some sort of gate/block. LFR was a mistake fom the get-go, but it's unlikely to go so time gate is the best we have atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Raids should be cleared with effort and co-ordination
    Yeah but we're talking about LFR, not about raids.

That's the argument people are using in here, right? That LFR is not raiding, right? So then why treat it like raiding.

Of course it's a joke, it was always supposed to be tourist mode. Treat it as such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    Why are you in hurry? Where are you going?

Deleted
    I cant pass Spellblade Aluriel in Nighthold because of freaking Anihilation or whatever Fists of Fury she does on pugs in LFG.

RIP

Deleted
    All these feelgood "raiders" looking down upon the LFR scrubs. lol.
    Face it, if you're not in the top 10 you may aswell be a LFR scrub yourself. You are meaningless in a scale of progression and just part of another "majority" that's kept quiet with bashing their head into content while the "higher end" laughs at you.

On topic: yes, it's taking too long and it'd be nice to kick gul'dan ass on some alts without going through the effort of finding groups.

It's not that they can't do normal, it's that they don't have the time, or don't want to invest the time, to get 9+ additional people together that are willing to invest even more time to clear the content.

This is not a matter of individual skill. A person can have the skill to participate in a raid and clear it, meaning they fulfill the minimal requirements, like doing enough dps, being able to follow the tactics etc, yet they don't want to wait, and wait, and wait for the whole team to a) assemble and b) coordinate their efforts correctly.

I've done it. I've cleared raids with groups. Hell I've spent 3-4 hours in a single raid sometimes, and when we killed enough in there, at times it was cool. But then you have those weeks where you wait and wait and still only get to kill 2-3 bosses, because the group was just not doing it right. I've done it. I'm done with it. I honestly have better things to do with my life.

Delaying the LFR wings by 10 weeks is only making unsubbing and returning at a later point even more attractive to me.
    Not having the time to do normal = Can't do normal. Not wanting to invest the time = their own fault, if you can't invest the time for normal, even to pug it, you can't invest the time to do lfr. It's a shit excuse.

You overestimate how long it takes for a group to assemble/co-ordinate in a NORMAL. It's a joke. It's like 10-15min prep time. And you don't have to do it all at once.

This is NORMAL, it's the equivalent of lfr in MoP. Stop making excuses that don't apply.

And please, feel free to unsub, Blizzard have said many times, they make the game the way they want it to be, and if people unsub because of it, they won't change their stance/way they want to build the game. Because it's their game. Ofc the fans matter, but they make the game the way they want it to be. They won't make decisions they don't like, for a few spoilt fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is sectioned off as it's part of Blizzards retention plan.

If you can beat the entirety of LFR in one day, then the content doesn't last as long. People will stick around an extra month waiting for it to open, which means better retention.

This is the same concept to many things that are easy / trivial.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont kill all bosses on day one on your appropriate difficulty, so why should lfr be different
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I wouldn't mind if they released at same time, would be nice to grab some piece for 4 set or some op trinket and it takes like what 30 min to clear 1 wing?

It was originally made that way so mythic/hc raiders don't feel forced to farm it but lets be real here if you run maw 1000 times i think you will survive 1-2h lfr farm and most likely you wont even need it if you ran any sort of higher content tier before.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Face it, if you're not in the top 10 you may aswell be a LFR scrub yourself. You are meaningless in a scale of progression and just part of another "majority" that's kept quiet with bashing their head into content while the "higher end" laughs at you.

On topic: yes, it's taking too long and it'd be nice to kick gul'dan ass on some alts without going through the effort of finding groups.
    Shows how much you know. "Lfr only" players weren't a thing pre-cata, you couldn't afk through raids, people are allowed to feel that those who can only do afkable content, shouldn't really be able to see the best (objectively) content in the game. But they can, so honestly waiting shouldn't be such a big deal for them, when they're lucky to be able to see it in the first place, due to an (objectively) stupid decision to pander bad players by Blizzard.

Content you can complete while afk, will always be looked down upon by players who actually need to be at their computers to do their content, at whatever level.

This is why we hate "LFR Raiders".

Seeing all the content of a raid used to be a privilege for players who dedicated time and effort into raiding. Getting to experience an entire raid in less than a couple hours on the first day let alone the first week is ridiculous.

During the entire time where you are waiting, you could just find a guild or pug and do normal. Stop crying about it.

Yeah but we're talking about LFR, not about raids.
    Exactly, so the LFR scrubs shouldn't get access to the whole thing straight away, there has to be some con to doing it, it can't be difficulty, so it should be time.

7+ Year Old Account

I would wager that the majority of the people that look down on LFR have never set foot in a true raid (Mythic) anyway. They just want to feel superior to someone because they themselves simply aren't good enough to raid Mythic.

Lets face it, unless you are raiding Mythic then you are not a true raider. Period.

I suppose you could classify it as:
    • LFR - Skirmish mode, played for a quick blast of instant gratification zerg style fun, by a variety of player types.
    • Normal - Easy mode, for clickers and keyboard turners that aren't up to any sort of challenge.
    • Heroic - Medium mode, for social players that like a bit of non-taxing group fun. Think of them as the pub quiz players of wow.
    • Mythic - Hard mode, for players that relish a challenge and are prepared to put in some effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh why sub for 10 weeks when you can just unsub save your money and come back when they are all released.

It doesn't stop sub loss it just makes people want to leave more cause they get bored waiting lol.
    Last edited by Faylinn; 2017-02-18 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    LFR is sectioned off as it's part of Blizzards retention plan.

If you can beat the entirety of LFR in one day, then the content doesn't last as long. People will stick around an extra month waiting for it to open, which means better retention.

This is the same concept to many things that are easy / trivial.
    Really. You really think all the people who runs LFR thinks like that? And clear it in one day? Or one week? You think they play as much or as often as you do? You think they only raid?

I would not be surprise if a portion of the players who do LFR as their only raid option only logs on to raid or chase some gear like others. They are probably playing the game differently and sees the raid differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go join a normal pug and clear the fucking instance already.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    For once I have to agree with Jaylock;

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    doing LFR doesn't make you a raider.

LFR isn't raiding, no matter how much you think it is.
    Pressing Join queue and stomping watered down versions of raid bosses is not raiding.

Being social with others, forming strats to defeat an encounter, wiping endlessly to try defeat an encounter.

That is raiding.

Most of the pushback I'm seeing here is people saying "do Normal or higher", but what do you say to someone like me? I've completed Normal 3 times already and I want a hat appearance from LFR Krosus. Why should I need to wait an extra month to get an appearance? It just seems really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    LFR for Tier 19 should open when Tier 20 is released
    This really.