Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

Will AMD release any high performance GPU's in Q2 or Q3?

Like the 590, 590X or some Rage Fury X Pro or whatever?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Vega is still on schedule to release in Q2, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Vega is still on schedule to release in Q2, so yes.
    Ah, I see and any hints to what it will be performance wise to the latest nVidia cards?

comparable

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    comparable
    To the GTX 1080 or the GTX 1080 Ti?

It will be slower than gtx 1080 is my guess. Even if its faster it wont be faster than the ti, and either way power consumption will be far higher than either card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    It will be slower than gtx 1080 is my guess. Even if its faster it wont be faster than the ti, and either way power consumption will be far higher than either card.
    So performance wise about the same as the GTX 1070 or the GTX 1080?
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-05-02 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    So performance wise about the same as the GTX 1070 or GTX 1080?
    It will be around 1080 performance is my guess ya. Some benchmarks said it was 1070 but there is no way that is true, AMD would get laughed outta the market.

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point in time it's WAY too early to tell.
    It's an entirely new architecture again, don't make me start the Ryzen stuff again.

Performance is an unknown factor at this point and so is power consumption.
    Yes it'll be very likely slightly higher than nVidia because of the lack of physical hardware like a HWS (or 2) etc.

That said at the end of this month is Computex 2017, it's very likely they will announce and launch the RX Vega line then.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what she said...

She being Lisa and said in earnings report - high end AMD solution coming this quarter.

I expect whatever they pull out be in a usual AMD style - exquisite solution that will offer better than 1080Ti performance in few select titles and worse than 1080Ti in most others.

I do think it will be a fine card still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recent rumor suggests it's around the GTX 1070 performance. Though there's not much info if this is the final stage of the Vega card or how the drivers are, but I would think Vega is going to be a GTX 1070 level of performance. Which for AMD's sake isn't good.

Ya i saw those rumors, but there is no possible way those are correct. They probably have multiple models to compete in each category. What id like to see is 1080 performance for closer to 1070 pricing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Recent rumor suggests it's around the GTX 1070 performance. Though there's not much info if this is the final stage of the Vega card or how the drivers are, but I would think Vega is going to be a GTX 1070 level of performance. Which for AMD's sake isn't good.
    Well, I am no AMD Scion having 1080Ti and all, but those rumors can be safely disregarded.

I am sure it will be something alongside 1080 to 1080Ti depending on a title, Vulcan games will surely be better with Vega, all 3 of them.

But it for sure ain't gonna be 4K card - 8GB VRAM is just to small for that - I use 5.5GB VRAM already with all eyecandy in ME:A at 2K - 4K and it would be too close for comfort for long haul.

The 290x, after Crimson of course, pretty much went toe-to-toe with the 780ti. The 390x did not fare so well against the 980ti since it was really almost the same thing as the 290x, but this is a new architecture, so only time will tell. It is definitely within the realm of possibilities that it will be able to compete directly with the 1080ti though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The 290x, after Crimson of course, pretty much went toe-to-toe with the 780ti. The 390x did not fare so well against the 980ti since it was really almost the same thing as the 290x, but this is a new architecture, so only time will tell. It is definitely within the realm of possibilities that it will be able to compete directly with the 1080ti though.
    The R9 390X was never meant to compete with the 980Ti though but the 980.
    And technically if you look at the properly built low level API games you'll see the R9 390X actually competing with the 980Ti which is impressive regardless.

Deleted
    Old data/rumors had unknown Vega beat 1080 with debugger attached and non optimized drivers. Though how it really is is impossible to know without somebody having good sample in hands. I do hope it is at least competitive with 1080.

10+ Year Old Account
    The usual wait and see really. Rumors of it at 1070 and rumors of it at 1080Ti levels.
    Either or both are fake cause well... that's how it's been the past years really. Just wait and see, no point in hyping up or down expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sources tell me it's gonna be faster than Voodoo 1.

Given that pretty much all the sources for rumours thus far have been websites that tend to take a machine gun approach to tech news (report on everything and at some point you'll get lucky and be right) in order to get more clicks, none of the rumours (and they are just rumours) are worth listening to at this point in time.

just feels too little too late, whatever the outcome. oh amd

i got tired of waiting and picked up a cheap 1070 to replace my 290.. but the temperature in my room is already 10 degrees cooler, so that's nice. (oh also the nighthold gardens are nicer to raid in now)