Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    As someone who wants the Necromancer as a Playable class in WoW, I really liek this. Good job! 10/10!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Good to hear, theres plenty of races to take inspiration from instead of gnome/goblins like everyone else is. I'd actually play something mechanical that isn't themed on those two races.
    I'll stop suggesting gnome/goblin only tinkers when we get orc and draenei demon hunters, ty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Same way warlocks are redundant because we have mages and demon hunters?
    Except warlocks were the very first "evil" class in the game released from the start.
    Necromancer at its core is basically a warlock but with zombies instead of demons.
    DH's themselves are redundant and are basically a fan class, Blizzard couldn't even create more than 2 specs.
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2017-09-10 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'll stop suggesting gnome/goblin only tinkers when we get orc and draenei demon hunters, ty.
    I actually hope these two races get DHs made available to them. Draenei meta forms are basically done already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    As someone who wants the Necromancer as a Playable class in WoW, I really liek this. Good job! 10/10!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Except warlocks were the very first "evil" class in the game released from the start.
    Necromancer at its core is basically a warlock but with zombies instead of demons.
    DH's themselves are redundant and are basically a fan class, Blizzard couldn't even create more than 2 specs.
    I'd like to think I created three unique specs and a class that is distinct from DKs and Warlocks.

god tier concept

Deleted
    Necromancer works with the dead, a warlock has no resemblance to anything that's dead, it's purely demon based.

The only thing that comes close to necromancer would be the d3 witch doctor (and necromancer obviously LUL) and wow dks.

I like the concept, and I think necromancers would be a good wow race, and with your concept, it would feel unique enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    First doesn't matter. Warlocks are clearly just a variation of mages. Even more when you look at the skill/spellset they started out with. Just the fact that they got death coil, a core death knight ability from warcraft 3, says it all. Not even enough abilities to create a full class from the ground up.

Shadowbolt was just a purple fireball, and incinerate was literally just a fireball. And all specs had the same damage spells. Barely enough variation to create one spec and 2 specs DH is superior in variety to the entire warlock class from back then.

You say fan-class as if it's a bad thing. DH is a nice addition, I enjoy the aesthetics even though I can't stand to play the class. Fits the theme of the expansion and it's nice with changes that rustle the so carefully preened feathers of anti-blizzard hooligans.

This is so far my favorite necromancer concept I've seen so far. Especially as a mail class. I also love the concept of a dark healer. Considering that they seem to be uncommon, and to be honest I personally haven't seen a dark healer in action in games yet, which is why I am quite drawn to it.

Good job. Being a fan of anything undead-themed, I'll gladly love to see a Necromancer, and I am pretty impressed with this twist on them. I can imagine coming back to Northrend or a scourge themed expansion, and a new generation of necromancers being introduced like this.

Doubt we'll see Necromancers being anything other than cloth if they ever get introduced as a class in WoW, but this is still my favorite necromancer concept by far.

I'd be rerolling Necro healer asap.

Very cool indeed. Can someone tell me if the worgen could be necromancers as they are almost, i repeat, almost inmune to the undead? They are more connected to the Nature magic so it would be not possible for them to connect to the Decay magic?

Necromancers are probably my favorite "type" of magic users, and I was particularly drawn in with the rts games of their ability to use slain corpses to make more units. That would be really cool if it could be implemented. Instead of just conjuring spawns out of nowhere, actually make dead bodies a resource for spawning allied mobs.

Deleted
    I want to truly compliment with you for the hard work you put in this class concept.
    It's an amazing job, Blizzard should at least read such playerbase's ideas imo.

Deleted
    11/10 would play.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I'd prefer not.
    I consider Demon Hunters a bad class, and there were numerous arguments against them that got ignored by Blizzard.

Alas, redundancy didn't stop them.
    When Blizzard is willing to bite the bullet, the popularity/demand of the class must far exceed the risk or damage of the redundancy. It's the case with DH. It's certainly not the case with Necromancer imo. After DK and DH there is no class with that much of a popular demand left. The one that will be chosen by Blizzard next will be something that is very dinstinctive at first sight and easy to flesh out like how Monk happened.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-10-16 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting but I think you might wish to dump the 'Gun' under the Dread spec. Not really Necromancer to use plaguespreader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    Very cool indeed. Can someone tell me if the worgen could be necromancers as they are almost, i repeat, almost inmune to the undead? They are more connected to the Nature magic so it would be not possible for them to connect to the Decay magic?
    A Necromancer technically doesn't need to be dead, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Like many have said.
    The concept is amazing however with warlock and its specs and Death Knight and his specs, Necromancer will feel redundant.
    All range spells will have warlocks be like why wasn't that given to us instead and all melee spells will make DK players think the same too.
    All "death spells" will end up feeling either warlock like or shadow priesty, and melee will end up feeling something a DK would use.

Not saying it wont work, i am saying it will piss of warlocks/SP/DKd and make them feel something was taken from them to some extent.

Maybe if they fully focus on Undead summoning and stuff related to that it could work.

5+ Year Old Account
    god damn this looks like it was a lot of work.

the 'dread' and 'faithless' classes sound super fun and cool. Just the words 'blood infusion' 'lingering spirit' and 'antidote' is something i wanna see in a dark healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I am opposed to Necromancers being a playable class, this one is well thought out. Really dig the dark healing.

When I first opened this I thought it was just gonna be another "This is a real leak" thread, but you quickly changed my mind of thought completely.
    Really well done, this must have taken a fair bit of thought!

I sincerly hope someone at blizz sees this

7+ Year Old Account
    holy shit man this is amazing. id main this in a heartbeat. i loved mecros in DAoC and this feels like a next level version of them. id do this again in an instant.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”