Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry No hashtags for Somalia after huge terrorist attack, 230 dead.

Very few media are talking about it, no twitter hashtags, no prayers, no flags over Dubai towers or Eifel tower ...

Terrorists killing Muslims, right ?

This is a sad event for families and the country trying to recover from a civil war.

A massive bomb attack in a busy area of the Somali capital Mogadishu on Saturday is now known to have killed at least 230 people, police say.
    Hundreds more were wounded when a lorry packed with explosives detonated near the entrance of a hotel.
    It is the deadliest terror attack in Somalia since the Islamist al-Shabab group launched its insurgency in 2007.
    President Mohamed Abdullahi "Farmajo" Mohamed blamed the attack on them, calling it a "heinous act".
    No group has yet said it was behind the bombing.
    "Brothers, this cruel act was targeted at civilians who were going about their business," the president said.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41621660

100% Al-Shabab, killing their own people is what these groups love to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Very few media are talking about it, no twitter hashtags, no prayers, no flags over Dubai towers or Eifel tower ...

This is a sad event for families and the country trying to recover from a civil war.

They aren't white to be blunt, much less anglo-saxon.

People only identify with people approximately of the same racial group. The closer the better. Somalis are only seen as vaguely human by westerners. People would be more sympathetic to a mass slaughter of furry animals.

This is how ISIS can behead foreigners with a clean conscience, and Americans can happily send drones to murder kids in the arab world.

It has to do how "close to home" it hits and how peaceful the area is considered in general. First world nations are seen as safe nests for western civilization, so whenever a terrorist attack occurs in them it is an attack on our safety and way of life. An attack outside that framework doesn't impact anything that immediately matters to us, so it feels remote. Unrest and strife is also something generally associated with third world countries, especially in Africa and Middle East. That's why you see social media prayer campaigns for Paris, but not for Mogadishu. We think we care, but truth is we kinda don't. Humanitarian aid is the best we can muster, and that's something we outsource to those who actually care.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

we are also talking about a wartorn thirdworld country that most people only know about thanks to the battle of Mogadishu and that doesnt paint a well light of it. Those that know about the country are not supprised when something like this happens. And there isnt much we can do to help solve this issue over there, last few times we tried most of the local population shot at us.

Somalia is where pirates come from.. What do you expect? Of course terrorist stuff will happen there. Not really big news when it comes from Pirate capital of the world.

It's a disaster, but I'm honestly alot more affected when attacks happen to countries that I feel connected to somehow, and are in a close proximity, even more so if I visit them on a regular basis (France).

Deleted

Dubai is muslim, u saying u don't care about ur own group but expects us to?? Also Somalians shouldn't flood Europe n try to islamize it, if they want sympathy.

Btw how many hashtags for terrorist attacks in non-white world? I bet China Japan Gambia couldn't care less, unless it effects business.

It's in Africa, in an already unstable region. Too far away for westerners to care.

I saw a quote, don't know the origination, but it applies here. "You expect the see a turd in the toilet, but you're upset when you find one in the kitchen."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Did people in Somalia do anything like this when Breivik killed 77 people here? And would anyone here get outraged if they didnt?
    No!
    I don't think this is a good equivalent. Norway was a comparably peaceful country compared to the civil-war-ridden Somalia of 2011. The shock effect is always greater the bigger the distance between average level of violence to the next spike of violence is. If Somalia had Norway-level of peace I am sure people would be equally shocked here. It is the sad reality of these days that we only care about countries like Somalia if some of their citizens dare to tread on our sacred lands when their duty should be fighting a senseless civil war at home or be exposed to Islamic extremism we equally shun as they do.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Probably because they relized that hashtags are retarded and do nothing.

It also reminded me of this map:

There were also no hastags for Christian Holocaust in Syria. :-)
    It's not like the muslims are being ignored, it's about the place where they live.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-10-16 at 10:40 AM.

because they cant get liberals to foam at the mouth over it?
    it is just like when liberals try to ignore all the violence going on in cities like Detroit and Chicago.
    theres not enough (false) information for liberals to become sensationalized over, allowing them to have something to gossip about.
    The facts are there, more people die from inner city gang/crime violence than in these other places and yet liberals dont think twice about those people, those Americans, until it is time to vote.
    Meanwhile you clueless automatons argue gossip so you can reply to someones post with a "lol i spit out my coffee",,,just to raise your fucking post count.
    You are literally the problem with the world...the good thing is you can still choose to change yourself. make your environment and your ecosystem better. Stop letting junk be the foundation of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Probably because they relized that hashtags are retarded and do nothing.

It also reminded me of this map:
    Just wait for the next attack in Europe or US and hashtags and Facebook filters are back in full force.

Somalia is not a peaceful country. Violence is expected there. And it's too disconnected from the average Westerners life for them to care about anything there.

Would need a new hashtag for africa about every 3 hours, with the shit that goes on down there.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Maybe when they wake up.. it's early as fuck dude

That just shows how truly sick those people are. If they can't even stop infighting each other.

I feel that because of corruption, Africa won't be able to solve their own issues without some type of interference, at least diplomatic interference.
    A lot of shit happened in Europe and nations broke down, but people were always able to rebuild and solve their issues. Without foreign aid as well I suppose

Now they are selling their continent to the Chinese.

Al Jazeera- Empire - The New Scramble for Africa
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KM06hTeRSY

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    Maybe when they wake up.. it's early as fuck dude
    Timezones are a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They aren't white to be blunt, much less anglo-saxon.

People only identify with people approximately of the same racial group. The closer the better. Somalis are only seen as vaguely human by westerners. People would be more sympathetic to a mass slaughter of furry animals.

This is how ISIS can behead foreigners with a clean conscience, and Americans can happily send drones to murder kids in the arab world.
    This, I don't like it but this.

Dunbars number explains it I think

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys football players kneeling for the national anthem is clearly more important
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders