Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Oh no, no hashtags, flags or prayers that will totally save the world from terrorism

This is why im disgusted with MSM. What a horrific tragedy in somalia. Why was this not a breaking news headline on all of the MSM sites? I clicked msn.com yesterday after seeing someone share a link about this on facebook, and guess what the front page of msn.com was? An article about colin keapernick.

Its not necessarily that the news is "fake", its just the priority on the things they report - its pathetic and disgusting. And don't tell me its not a major headline because it didn't happen in the US - the MSM in america constantly puts breaking news headlines for minor things in other countries, but something like this is never reported

Its terrible that this happened. It seems like people will look for any excuse to do shitty things. If it wasn't for religion they would find some other excuse to hurt people. I just don't understand the reasoning behind terrorist attacks. Why harm people that have nothing to do with your gripe?

Hashtags are useless though.

Deleted
    A lot of atrocities get overlooked in parts of the world we don't regularly interact and engage with. It usually takes a movie for people to take notice for 5 minutes before they go back to their own world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    So because some 3rd party says "You bend to the expectations of the area you are in", they have to bend? Well flash news: they don't have to. You literally said that "for some people is worth spending emotions and for some don't" and casualties are casualties. And there you have it, whole soccer team doesn't have to spend emotions to which they find not part of their culture either.

You can't expect someone to be fair if you are not treating everyone equal in equal situations.
    I never said you HAVE to bend, i just say, that you proberly should. There is always something expected off you if you want to make a good inpression, not just for people of power, but everybody. This is why you just don't go into a unknown location, in a foreign country, without learning some culture and getting to know what you do without offending anyone. I think that most people in the world want to get along with each other and would use atleast a small amount of energy to uphold that relationship. Showing empathy with a local devastation is a thing, that is expected, especially when there is an open event where you can show that empathy.

So yeah, the soccer team should proberly have followed the local culture and showed empathy about a terror attack/accident, that people around them was affected by. I don't think there is a single culture in the world, that is culturally or religiosly limited from having a moment of silence.

You should be able to expect, that cultural foreign people follow the norm in the country/area they are located in, especially when it comes to death and loss.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Very few media are talking about it, no twitter hashtags, no prayers, no flags over Dubai towers or Eifel tower ...

Terrorists killing Muslims, right ?

This is a sad event for families and the country trying to recover from a civil war.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41621660
    What will hashtags solve? They are retarded, no matter the use. Thoughts and prayers don't stop violence or gain freedom for people. The fuck is the point of this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You are mad cuz there isn't a hashtag trending for a tragedy?

I hate my planet.
    I share the sentiment.

Illuminati funds the terror grps in Somalia, why? Excuse for involvement in Somalia so they can take the oil.

infracted - forbidden topics

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's just another week over there. This shit happens all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch the news so I am ignorant about current events unless this or others forums bring it up, and a sI don't have social media, the world is actually a very quiet place
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Very few media are talking about it, no twitter hashtags, no prayers, no flags over Dubai towers or Eifel tower ...

Terrorists killing Muslims, right ?

This is a sad event for families and the country trying to recover from a civil war.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41621660
    Well yeah, its sad and all but it happens so much. Too much. If we give attention to every single attack, than we can pray/hashtag and plant flags on top of our buildings all year round.

Best thing is just the media ignoring these strikes while the western world drone bomb the living hell out of them until all the terrorists are destroyed -genocide style.

We really should downgrade Japan to "Well, that's life" or at least, "Shit, that's sad." I mean, after a couple of days, most of the coverage was about "Is their nuclear waste going to ruin our beach season?"

In general though, things are more tragic relative to how white the victims are, in the public eye.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You went far from what I originally said even though this what you are saying now is mostly fine.
    Cool Good to hear
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tragedy for sure, but a fucking hashtag is not going to fix that region of the world, nor will it fix any other catastrophe.

You think a wild fire and hurricane reads twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    A tragedy for sure, but a fucking hashtag is not going to fix that region of the world, nor will it fix any other catastrophe.

You think a wild fire and hurricane reads twitter?
    But but but, it shows everyone that i care and feel sad and and and i am a very good person!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could care less about a breeding ground for terrorists like Somalia. There is a country that is so morally and politically screwed up that it will never fix itself. That is why people don't care, these systemic issues have existed for decades and they are all too dumb to pull their heads out of their own asses and fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    But but but, it shows everyone that i care and feel sad and and and i am a very good person!

Pretty much this.

Deleted
    Good. Let them wipe out the disgusting muslims.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-10-16 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Bad things happen there all the time. Events like these are expected and unremarkable.
    Right? I felt kind of the same way about Vegas... Americans shoot themselves every day, they totally brought it upon themselves.

News covered it here. I think the worse part is that when terrorists manage to get such a successful hit, it boosts their morale, their recruitment... And innocents who already live miserable lives have even more added fear and pain, maybe reaching a point of no return, and with maybe nothing to lose they may perform their own atrocities, fueling a cycle of hatred and destruction. These events are huge step backs for the good people trying to build something and improve their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Bunch of hypocrites.. human life should matter no matter the skin color or ethnicity.
    Have fun with succumbing to stress if you care about every person in the world. You'd be unable to function if you did.

abc news just showed the Eiffel tower going dark
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22