Thread: McCain VS Trump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Him killing trump care raised him up in my eyes. I however disagree with the fact that he think we need to be the worlds leader. We should take care of things here first than worry avout others.
    Taking care of ourselves sometimes means being the world's leader - we have to look out for other nations and their transgressions because those dramatically affect our well being as a nation.

Now on topic if McConnell had a spine he'd be having a vote to impeach trump. He to unpredictable and driven by ego.
    Agreed. McConnell needs to read Of Mice and Men.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Forever. These people don't understand how beneficial the US' leadership in the world has been to the US. It's why the US has stayed the richest, most powerful, nation in the world. The US uses things like foreign aid and peacekeeping missions to secure resources and economic markets for itself, and deny the same to those it dislikes. That's literally how the Cold War was won, the US was able to successfully limit Russia's economic power by encircling it with countries allied to the US. That's how we got things like the Taliban and Saddam Hussein in the first place, the US put them there to keep Russia out.

What scares me is that the US conservatives tend to fall back on the idea that they will just declare nuclear war with the entire world if there's any indication that another country may surpass the US in influence. That's their only method of foreign relation, "Do as we say or be nuked". It's like they get off at night to dreams of WW3.
    i would prescribe them civilization 6 for their urges, so they can be more "reasonable" at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ain't that an understatement. McCain is a fucking war hero and he's fighting off brain cancer.
    Jesus Christ you people really grovel to your military.

McCain is not a war hero. He is, frankly, an idiot. He crashed his planes five times. If that was me, you'd be saying "what an idiot". Or any one else, you'd be saying "what an idiot". Tough, but true. Idiots keep breaking things because they are stupid.

McCain was subsequently captured. He was then tortured. He then heroically broke under torture. I am not criticizing him for not escaping or resisting torture-I imagine most people wouldn't have either, but there was nothing particularly heroic about anything he did. He was just a pilot in an immoral war which the US lost, got tortured, caved in and then came home. It is a serious devaluation of heroism to imply that at any stage he was heroic. Even if you agree with these fucking stupid wars the US keeps fighting and losing, you'd have to acknowledge there is a major difference between jumping on a grenade to save your comrades-in-arms and what McCain did.

McCain now has brain cancer. Very sad-or at least it would be if his party wasn't committed to denying millions of Americans treatment for cancer and various other agonizing ailments. So fuck him, I hope he dies slowly and painfully like those who cannot afford treatment.

Of course he may look heroic and intelligent and everything else standing next to Trump, but that is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    An ungrateful planet does not deserve one more US dollar or one more drop of American blood shed for its sake. Without the US, the world would now be saluting one of these 3 flags: the swastika, the hammer&sickle, or the rising sun.
    Bullshit.

Firstly Hitler had no desire to invade and take over the biggest empire at the time. Just get them to "Come to their senses." so to speak and fight the soviets with him or just stay out of the way. Even before the US entered the war he was trying to get Britain to sign a peace treaty that would essentially keep british empire in tact because it was in his (albeit very fucked up) interests.

Soviet Union could never survive for too long without reforms. Kruschev realised it and tried to start them, ousted and replaced by Brezshnev who stagnation was the main reason for the Union's death, which was the cause of Gorbachov being the only following leader to last more than 2 years to rush through the reforms which in turn had hardliners rebel and Yeltsin pull the rug from underneath. USSR was going to die out with or without America being there.

As for Japan it would have over extended in China sooner or later and once the Chinese got their act together would have shoved the Japanese out. Japan early victories were mostly due to Europe first view of UK/US/USSR. Any major push by either against Japan would have knocked it down because Japan couldn't produce at a level the other three could.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Jesus Christ you people really grovel to your military.

McCain is not a war hero. He is, frankly, an idiot. He crashed his planes five times. If that was me, you'd be saying "what an idiot". Or any one else, you'd be saying "what an idiot". Tough, but true. Idiots keep breaking things because they are stupid.

McCain was subsequently captured. He was then tortured. He then heroically broke under torture. I am not criticizing him for not escaping or resisting torture-I imagine most people wouldn't have either, but there was nothing particularly heroic about anything he did. He was just a pilot in an immoral war which the US lost, got tortured, caved in and then came home. It is a serious devaluation of heroism to imply that at any stage he was heroic. Even if you agree with these fucking stupid wars the US keeps fighting and losing, you'd have to acknowledge there is a major difference between jumping on a grenade to save your comrades-in-arms and what McCain did.

McCain now has brain cancer. Very sad-or at least it would be if his party wasn't committed to denying millions of Americans treatment for cancer and various other agonizing ailments. So fuck him, I hope he dies slowly and painfully like those who cannot afford treatment.

Of course he may look heroic and intelligent and everything else standing next to Trump, but that is an illusion.
    Just so you know, everything you've said above is a lie. In case you care about the truth, try learning something other than from what our Deplorable-in-Chief tells you.

For example, McCain was offered to be released early from his capture/torture, and declined. You should look it up - it'll keep you from looking like what you accuse others of being.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Just so you know, everything you've said above is a lie. In case you care about the truth, try learning something other than from what our Deplorable-in-Chief tells you.

For example, McCain was offered to be released early from his capture/torture, and declined. You should look it up - it'll keep you from looking like what you accuse others of being.
    No, everything I wrote was clinically accurate, if it hadn't been you would have provided a contrary source. You haven't.

The "he could have been released" thing makes McCain look more stupid. He could have been released and chose not to. That's a stupid thing. If people are torturing you in prison and let you go, then go.

It would have been brave if he'd offered to stay in his comrades stead. He didn't. He just stayed there. He is a fucking idiot.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, everything I wrote was clinically accurate, if it hadn't been you would have provided a contrary source. You haven't.
    No, it wasn't. And with no source of your own (did you notice you didn't source your own stuff? MAGA!) my word is as good as yours. But here's two seconds of searching on Google so you can stop looking like an idiot: FACTS ARE COOL!

The "he could have been released" thing makes McCain look more stupid. He could have been released and chose not to. That's a stupid thing. If people are torturing you in prison and let you go, then go.
    And here's where you demonstrate your hyper level of ignorance - you don't even know why he refused release. You're claiming McCain's an idiot without having one iota of actual information about him. Who's the idiot again?

You can almost see the exact point where you realized you didn't know jack-shit about McCain and decided to google it. Gotta love armchair factologists.

It would have been brave if he'd offered to stay in his comrades stead. He didn't. He just stayed there. He is a fucking idiot.
    Your opinion. Some people call that honor (eschewing privilege) - but at least you've stopped lying, that's a start.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-10-19 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He crashed his planes five times.
    Oh, I can't wait to see you back that up. Go ahead. List the crashes, and how they were all McCain's fault. Because I'm pretty sure #4 is the time he was shot down in a bombing run over North Vietnam. And #3 was when a missile went off and hit the plane next to his while his plane was on the flight deck, and during the ensuing fire that killed 134 people, McCain jumped over flaming jet fuel, took three pieces of shrapnel, was thrown fifteen feet by a bomb explosion, and rescued a fellow pilot who was on fire.

You want to walk back anything you said yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I can't wait to see you back that up. Go ahead. List the crashes, and how they were all McCain's fault. Because I'm pretty sure #4 is the time he was shot down in a bombing run over North Vietnam. And #3 was when a missile went off and hit the plane next to his while his plane was on the flight deck, and during the ensuing fire that killed 134 people, McCain jumped over flaming jet fuel, took three pieces of shrapnel, was thrown fifteen feet by a bomb explosion, and rescued a fellow pilot who was on fire.

But, could he do any of that with bone spurs?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted

No, I want to go considerably further. I am being extraordinarily charitable.

In case it wasn't obvious, I would expect enemy fire to be associated with crashing one's plane in the case of military pilots. You still have to get hit, and good pilots don't. Not five times anyway.

In any case, for the benefit of brainwashed militarists like yourself: there was nothing heroic about Vietnam. The US invaded a sovereign country. It committed horrendous atrocities comparable to some of the worst atrocities ever performed in human history. It lost.

You still have to get hit, and good pilots don't.
    Ah, so you're of the same "war heroes don't get captured" school of douchebag assholery as our president. No wonder.

Deleted
    Maybe thier mutual friends at Davis Manafort can reconcile them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No
    I guess we can wrap that up then.

I'm being very, very nice but at some point I fight back and it won't be pretty
    Haha, oh man... Everybody watch out, once his "good brain" puts a couple of words together, its not gonna be pretty! Lets all just wait until he actually has something to say, but don't clear your calendar, just, go about your business and I'm sure he'll let us know when its time for him to transition from juvenile stalling to juvenile insults and fabrications.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Ah, so you're of the same "war heroes don't get captured" school of douchebag assholery as our president. No wonder.
    He's not a war hero. People who drop chemicals and bombs on villages are fucking scum.

Both McCain and Trump are cunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case it wasn't obvious, I would expect enemy fire to be associated with crashing one's plane in the case of military pilots. You still have to get hit, and good pilots don't.
    So now, it's a pilot's fault that, when they follow orders and bomb a guarded target, that they get hit. Is it a cop's fault for being shot when breaking up a robbery? Is it a firefighter's fault for being injured when the burning house they're in collapses?

You sicken me. You went from "he is an idiot who crashed his plane five times" to "that time he was shot down in the line of duty makes him a bad pilot". You have no respect for the men and women who put their lives on the line to defend our way of life. Maybe McCain should have stayed home crying about mythical bone spurs? Would that have made him smarter?

And I can't help but notice you skipped the part where "crashed his plane" somehow involved a missile going off and hitting his plane while it was on the flight deck. AND I can't help but notice you didn't list five crashes at all. Good luck with that. You're lying.

Deleted

You sicken me. [/I]
    I sicken you? Good. I don't really value the opinion of people who think dropping explosives, napalm and agent orange on children is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    So McCain made a speech at Philadelphia yesterday, calling out recent politics, but without mentioning any names.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...us-nationalism

Then Trump fires back. Maybe it was about him, maybe it wasn't.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41655116

Then McCain responds with "I have faced tougher adversaries."
    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...er-adversaries
    John McCain is walking, talking Washington gridlock. He has never met an idea he didn't want to become law, or one worth casting his vote for. He is a stuffed suit, with little or no intellect that one would expect from a man of his prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    John McCain is walking, talking Washington gridlock. He has never met an idea he didn't want to become law, or one worth casting his vote for. He is a stuffed suit, with little or no intellect that one would expect from a man of his prominence.
    Donald Trump is walking, talking Washington gridlock. He has never met an idea he didn't want to become law, or one worth casting his vote for. He is a stuffed suit, with little or no intellect that one would expect from a man of his prominence.

Of those two statements, you think John McCain fits the description better?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Donald Trump is walking, talking Washington gridlock. He has never met an idea he didn't want to become law, or one worth casting his vote for. He is a stuffed suit, with little or no intellect that one would expect from a man of his prominence.

Of those two statements, you think John McCain fits the description better?!?
    Yes. McCain is a swamp monster who represents everything that is wrong with Washington: Lies, grand standing, grid lock, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Lies, grand standing, grid lock, you name it.
    Are...you sure you're not talking about Trump? Because this is Trump to a T (huehue).