Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Naga as Next Playable Race

Naga has a decent possiblity of being the next WoW playable race

Why this is possible:

-Next expansion likely to be south seas/kul tiras based, which is perfect opportunity for this sea based race
    -Naga have been an established race since vanilla
    -Naga have recently been our allies, not just enemies
    -Can speak unlike murlocs

Concerns:

-Hard to make gear make sense, they no feet/legs
    -Everyone hates swimming in WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDayYouMay View Post
    Never see this as a issue.
    Most Demonhunters hide there shoulders so that there tattoo shows.

I think most ppl that would like to play a Naga are not going to bitch that they dont see there leg or boot items on there Naga characters.

The biggest issue is mounts in my opinion but i see ways to get around this with: illusion (Highbourne form spell out of combat to mount) or Naga get a travel/flying form druid style and cant use mounts, ofc there is a harder ways to solve it but this is the big issue with Naga.

---

Naga is not my first choice for a new race but i can see it happen.

They have been an established race since TFT*

I don't think Naga in the Horde would happen before Ogres, and they definitely won't be in the Alliance. The reason they would fit into the Horde lorewise is that the Coilskar faction of Naga have camaraderie with the Sunfury Blood Elves who have reintegrated into the Horde.

Sounds great.

;-)

/absorbed into the Light

Deleted
    Sure. Alliance can have the naga's as long as horde gets ogres.

Concerns:

-Everyone hates swimming in WoW
    Hide pants/boots on them.
    They wouldn't have to swim any more than any other playable race and when they did swim, they'd probably have a racial that makes them better at it.

Now give me my playable naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladivostok View Post
    Sure. Alliance can have the naga's as long as horde gets ogres.
    I agree. Can't wait to pummel that stupid oversized herring with my club

10+ Year Old Account
    -Naga have recently been our allies, not just enemies
    When have they been our allies? And aren't Night Elves still racist against them?

10+ Year Old Account
    short answer: no.

long answer: go check the other 55 thousand threads on this EXACT SAME TOPIC. NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    When have they been our allies? And aren't Night Elves still racist against them?
    The Coilfang Naga. although they don't serve the Illidari, it's merely....Cooperation.

How would they mount a horse?

7+ Year Old Account
    How would they jump? There are some things in the game, that requires jumping and the current form of their jump, which in they just launch into the air, will not go past the first stages of design.

The whole not having legs thing is a problem and the solutions are few and have an impact on other areas.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

yeah can we please lock and delete this awful thread and use the other 90000 threads we have on this waste of time topic

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    How would they jump? There are some things in the game, that requires jumping and the current form of their jump, which in they just launch into the air, will not go past the first stages of design.

The whole not having legs thing is a problem and the solutions are few and have an impact on other areas.

The naga debate possibly the only argument more annoying than the people who keep begging for tinkerers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Talking about something being goofy as hell xD It would be fun to see them jumping with their arms

But yeah, it might work, but it does not look that good. Try imagining them as Demon Hunters and double jumping. Talking about something looking really wierd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    The naga debate possibly the only argument more annoying than the people who keep begging for tinkerers.
    The "more elves" crowd is worse.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    What if they didn't need to jump?
    Read: What if they can simply slide across jump-able walls. That would be their perk in opposition to what DHs get as double-jumping.