Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's actually a pretty cool logo. Probably fake, but there's always that chance.

I do think the title itself is too narrow of a focus, not good enough for an expansion name, but who knows.
    This. An expansion based on one small marine city, doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless Kul'Tiras is now a massive landmass of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Last I checked this was a speculation thread, mate.

The Burning Legion existed to combat the void, the void is worse as it’s corrupting even in small doses. We have a legion of warlocks and demon hunters who aren’t evil, despite being infused with potentially massive amounts of fel energy.

High Elves hate Blood Elves because they used a small amount of fel energy and a technique taught to them by a demon hunter (Illidan) to keep themselves alive. Some of these very same high elves supposedly turn to the void instead, for powers own sake, still hating the blood elves all the while? That makes them hypocrites.

Also void elves have an untextured model in the game files. It’s likely they’ll play a role in the future, even if they’re not playable.

You seem to be arbitratily deciding that the void is worse, just like Sargeras did. Sargeras was the hypocrite. He was ready to kill everything in his path to stop the void from taking over and making a universe void-based.

Again, High Elves didn't even hate Blood Elves back then. They disagreed with the fel usage, sucking magic from living things. That's all. What caused the hostilities to increase was the fact that Blood Elves exiled them and left them to die by themselves. It was the political and faction mess created by Blood Elves that split the two groups.

And, another again, void doesn't come from sucking it from a living thing, killing it in the process. Void is similar to light in that sense. It can come from nowhere, with nothing but the casters own will forcing it to manifest. Or it just seeps into a place and you make use of it like the Ethereal do.

They would not be hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
    It would provide more variety. The Horde already has blood elf models in blood elves, so mixing things up with a more night-elven model is far more exotic, and vice versa. If these subraces are a thing, giving players essentially more of the same isn't very interesting.

While it's a fun thought, currently those two races are tagged as the factions you'd expect them to be, at least as far as the creation screen data.
    Yeah i like to have "skinny" elves in Alliance and "strong" elves in the horde for a little diversity but..how blizzard gonna implement that? in theory there are not new races but "sub-races", i mean this new system are a personalization from the base races from what we now, and with the void elfs for example, we are talking from a race totally different to Night elfs, Taurens and Draenei sub-races dont have this problem because the "change" its more from tatoos or something like that, the base model its the same, but with Nightborne and Void elfs we are talking about totally differents models.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah yes, the good ol' "sideways shot of a monitor taken with a shaky webcam from 2006" aesthetic.

You're probably right, but I hope they do look more like Allertia's void form, just pure void, instead of being a purple-eyed High Elf. It could be very interesting.

That, or it becomes like a worgen form where the player can toggle in/out of it. Maybe they toggle into it automatically for combat, too.

Regardless, my biggest pref would just be that the subrace itself is voidy. Then again, you could also make the level of void influence optional, from nothing but purple eyes, to some patches or tattoos that glow with void, to an entirely void body. Only time will tell, but my preference goes out to them looking like Alleria's void form at all times.
    Pure void is a trash concept, wtf are you talking about. Did you even see Alleria in the dungeon? She looked silly, it should be a form you can opt in and out of and not forced into even in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    No difference between being fel touched or void touched. it's still a corruption that is applied collectively. The fel corruption of the blood elves at least made some sense, they were a bit in the blind. That The High elves would suddenly abandon all of their morals and convictions after all that has happened makes them into the worst hypocrites on Azeroth and that's saying something. It makes absolutely no sense at all. They refused to obey the new establishment and thus were exiled. They refused to follow the evil prince. But now suddenly they'll blindly follow someone with even less authority, that has been missing for years and did not share their hardships and plight? To do what they previously refused to do?

Any High elf that has lived on Azeroth since the Third War and does this are hypocrits. But if it's Allerian Rangers that has been Void touched during the thousand year time that has gone in the Nether then it makes more sense. But they are not the same people as the high elves that has survived since the Third War.

There are several named high elves of that expedition that are missing.
    Personally, I don't like the idea that high elves would just turn to another form of dark magic to sate themselves., but I'll wait the actual story before judging it, as we don't know the specifics. For instance, it may not end up being a choice. Or may be a safer method than we are considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    This. An expansion based on one small marine city, doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless Kul'Tiras is now a massive landmass of it's own.
    Unlikely, but not entirely impossible. I hope it isn't a continent of its own, but the Kul Tiras quest armor was labeled exactly that. Usually, they name quest armor in the files after the continent they're from, not the specific zones.

But then again, the Armored Raptor that was found encrypted definitely indicates something like Zandalar for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Pure void is a trash concept, wtf are you talking about. Did you even see Alleria in the dungeon? She looked silly, it should be a form you can opt in and out of and not forced into even in combat.
    Void Elves > Blue-eyed Blood Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't "Scourge of Kul'Tiras" a name someone on here suggested yesterday as a possibility?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    I feel like there are three layers here...

Increased Customization: Highmountain Tauren / Lightforged Draenei
    Swapped Races: Nightborne [H] / Void Elf [A]
    New Race: Tortollan

And we'll probably see other races gaining customization options as well.
    Tortollan is just a fucking retarded meme. They're not actually ever going to become a thing.

If we get a new race for this expansion, it'll be some sort of a dragon race that Wrathion created or the naga.

Remember the name... World of Warcraft: Torrential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Unlikely, but not entirely impossible. I hope it isn't a continent of its own, but the Kul Tiras quest armor was labeled exactly that. Usually, they name quest armor in the files after the continent they're from, not the specific zones.

Void Elves > Blue-eyed Blood Elves.
    Void elves is basically just a blood elf spriest with a crazier shadowform effect, that's all there is to it.

So no, they're not even remotely better.

Tortollan is just a fucking retarded meme. They're not actually ever going to become a thing.

If we get a new race for this expansion, it'll be some sort of a dragon race that Wrathion created or the naga.
    Where's that coming from, lmao? For someone who's so judgmental about others' ideas and preferences, you sure have silly concepts yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilat View Post
    I like how everybody that posts these bad leaks have already forgotten about The WOund already, lol. It hasn't even been that long!
    It's more like they don't really know how to incorporate it into the story. I mean I put it into my very first fake leak, but that's all.

Void elves is basically just a blood elf spriest with a crazier shadowform effect, that's all there is to it.

So no, they're not even remotely better.
    Yeah they are, because High Elves are nothing but Blood Elves with everything culturally interesting about them taken away and replaced with a fondness for human bootlicking. Oh yeah, and they have blue eyes instead of green.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmog View Post
    Remember the name... World of Warcraft: Torrential.
    I already forget it

The wound is like 55% chance to be what we use to get rid of Artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Maybe "void" elves are being made up by Blizzard because subraces probably won't have different racials than the parent race. Maybe they differ in name/visuals, but not on effects. As such, how would they justify high elves suddenly being able to Shadowmeld, have some kind of wisp form or having different bonus during day/night?

So, they are considering (or already decided) to make void-touched high elves. They could assume some Voidstep instead of Shadowmeld; os a shade form when dead, and so on.

If that theory is right, I think "void elves" (which may not be the final name for the race) may be just void-touched for some reason, instead of having control over void energy like Alleria does. Maybe Alleria finds out she can suppress their magical addiction, so they undergo this process and become void-touched?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they'll be "voidy" like Alleria's void form. She can control that, after all.

But I'd expect purple eyes or maybe other shadowy effects around them.

Maybe tatoos/painting/voidy patches in their skin (akin to Alleria's body painting)

I think this Tyrande skin from HotS may be very similar to what a void elf will be:

Yea, those are my thoughts. Just to have a good reason to differ them from the other. Lightforged, Void Elf, Nightbourne and Highmountain Tauren. Each one has their own peculiar "biology", which justifies keeping them apart and developing unique lore for each one. Also justifies unique aesthetics, or else they would feel exactly like the other group and lack in any form of unique design, y'know, contributing to a feeling that "oh this isn't new! it's just a horde race dang it!"

But I don't think the idea is to make Void Elf into some generic Night Elf, with the same racials, as a sub-race. If they're added, it will be as a unique group.

And, yes, I think that Tyrande skin might a foreshadowing of these "Void Elves". They might adopt another name, much like Blood Elves did. Same thing seem to have happened with Jaina and all these evil doppleganger from other universes she got in HotS and Hearthstone. What better way to hype the playerbase into an expansion that focus on Jaina's character?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    That's actually a good possibility. It's a huge wound that would otherwise possibly end up killing Azeroth.

That, or we lose them in the cinematic in order to take Argus/Sargeras down or help the Titans take him/them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    Yeah i like to have "skinny" elves in Alliance and "strong" elves in the horde for a little diversity but..how blizzard gonna implement that? in theory there are not new races but "sub-races", i mean this new system are a personalization from the base races from what we now, and with the void elfs for example, we are talking from a race totally different to Night elfs, Taurens and Draenei sub-races dont have this problem because the "change" its more from tatoos or something like that, the base model its the same, but with Nightborne and Void elfs we are talking about totally differents models.
    I mean, Blizzard can and will do whatever Blizzard wants. Subrace is a convenient term for this possibility because its been frequently referred to in the past, but it might confuse things a little. If they do have a 'swap' of sorts, it could just be an extreme side of race customisation as a Blizzard-y touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Is this something you suppose or something your PM source told you?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We just got Tortollan pet. I doubt they'll be a race in the same expansion.
    Would be rather silly to include a tortollan pet with an expansion that doesn't feature them at least somewhat heavily.