Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Gary was the reason we raided org...Gary is dead...by the hands of green jesus at that. I don't see where any revenge needs to take place. Fanbois got slutvanis
    Is this sylvanas thread ?

If it weren't for game mechanics the draenei would probably move to AU Draenor, leave Azuremyst as a small outpost on Azeroth, and leave the Alliance to not be dragged into the faction conflict. Velen seems concerned about a future war against the void lords, so going to Draenor and build more spaceships and preparing 2 dimensions of draenei and the lightforged seems reasonable. Leaving the Alliance also does since the war will require all of Azeroth's help, not just the Alliance. Then again, the Legion did too and the Horde helped the draenei anyway.

Of course, none of that will happen because game mechanics require draenei to be on Azeroth and part of a faction.

I would hope Blizzard would update their zones to have an actual proper city at some point. And they really, really need a compelling reason to remain in the Alliance, but I'm not really sure what that would be other than Horde going full evil mode again.

The Draenei's next plot clearly deals with a loss of faith/ more pragmatic view on the light, as hinted by Velen and Illidan's interactions in 7.3 perhaps this could cause conflict between them and the lighforged, or perhaps they will all together have their belief in the light challenged.

Elves still have Azshara and to adapt to a 10 000 years older azeroth

Orcs should just sleep for a few more expansions, but they basically will end up going over the wc3 plot again, finding once more their shamanistic roots et al.

End of Antorus Dialogue with Illidan suggests Malfurion and Tyrande will lead the fight in the next expansion, Malfurion and Tyrande are the only NPCs with a connection to Azshara. They will be important characters in whatever expansion she appears in.

Dranei story will most likely be done until the Void is a bigger threat, with Velen becoming important again.

Orcs and Humans probably won't be relevant for a while. Velen and Anduin will probably disappear for a while and return with the Void.

Genn and Sylvanas will keep spicing up Alliance and Horde relations.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-27 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

- for the Orcs, their primary antagonist was the Legion and Alliance. With the Legion defeated, a "chapter" in Orc history has finally come to a close.
    Thats a joke right? For years, since warcraft began, the legion has been tied to the orcs story since its inception, they faught the humans because of the legions manipulations, and the orcs have long since either been fighting due to the legion, of fighting against it. One of the most emotional scenes in wc3 came from groms death freeing the orcs from the legions control. And yet, in the final battle against the legion on its own home base, blizzard couldn't even have a single orc hero or representative character joining the army of farts against the legion.

So much could have been resolve, just having the satisfaction of having someone representing the races effected by the legion, the orcs, the blood elves, the night elves, but blizzard just went 'NOPE, GONNA JUST BE DRAENEI, HERP DE DURP!"
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Space goats I imagine will focus on truly making Azeprth their home. Argus-form the azuramyst isles and bloodmyst isles bringing in species from Argus and macree

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see orcs wanting to go back to their roots, maybe reconnect with their Outland clans / throne of the elements / rituals. (introducing mag'har and maybe other orc clans as playable/skin colors/tatoos).

What I don't want to see is anything that connects Alternate Draenor with our lore again, it might suck to leave them behind, but it is what it is, you can't just go to alternate worlds unless some insane emergency measures wiped out most of our factions.

--

I hope Nightborne and Blood elves learn to cure all their magic addictions, mana fruit being grown in Quel'thalas, And Zones/Silvermoon updated accordingly.

--

Maybe in times of "peace, Tauren get more connection with their Yaungol/Taunka/Highmountain brethren, maybe form some councils.

--

Odyn, searching, finding more vrykul from northrend to his cause, and the other keepers finally at peace, protecting azeroth after we dealt with most of the naga/old god threat and the players go off world sometime later.
    --

Locus Walker, uniting the Consortium and remaining ethereals on Outland if we need a greater army against the void & off-world ethereum/shadowguard clans , and their prisons (both hostile ethereal clans use bubble prisons and portals nearby, so I think we can assume there are prison planet(s).

Maybe he might not teach them all void tricks, but techniques to prevent them to go mad, eventually leading to a playable group of Ethereals, still lead by Nexus Prince Haramad.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-28 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Iron Horde, while very obviously antagonistic, didn't really get up to any of the atrocities conducted by the Old Horde.
    That is only because this time around they were resisted by Azeroth's forces assisting the draenei/Frostweolves, otherwise it would've ended up the same way it did in the past, while only the means would be different; the draenei would've been driven to extinction through iron and Azeroth would've been invaded through iron too.

Their intentions were the same, but the means through which they wanted to accomplish them weren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That is only because this time around they were resisted by Azeroth's forces assisting the draenei/Frostweolves, otherwise it would've ended up the same way it did in the past, while only the means would be different; the draenei would've been driven to extinction through iron and Azeroth would've been invaded through iron too.

Their intentions were the same, but the means through which they wanted to accomplish them weren't.
    That would be difficult to impossible to say. We know that the demon blood heightened the violence and cruelty of the Old Horde - but without it, the Orcs are more even-keeled and while still brutal they are methodical in their brutality. The Iron Horde would've likely beaten back the Draenei until they were no longer a legitimate threat and could be contained in their lands - you wouldn't get atrocities like the Path of Glory in Hellfire Peninsula with non-corrupted Orcs in all likelihood.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That would be difficult to impossible to say. We know that the demon blood heightened the violence and cruelty of the Old Horde - but without it, the Orcs are more even-keeled and while still brutal they are methodical in their brutality. The Iron Horde would've likely beaten back the Draenei until they were no longer a legitimate threat and could be contained in their lands - you wouldn't get atrocities like the Path of Glory in Hellfire Peninsula with non-corrupted Orcs in all likelihood.
    There would be no Path of Glory in Hellfire nor would there be a Hellfire Peninsula, but all those draenei would've surely been dead either way. It would be a "less attrocious and quicker" genocide than it was in the MU. Shadowmoon Valley questlines on the Alliance side show this, including the sacking of Karabor, death of Velen in Karabor and the death of all the draenei there.

The only draenei capable to survive would be the rangari that would hide in the wilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There would be no Path of Glory in Hellfire nor would there be a Hellfire Peninsula, but all those draenei would've surely been dead either way. It would be a "less attrocious and quicker" genocide than it was in the MU. Shadowmoon Valley questlines on the Alliance side show this, including the sacking of Karabor, death of Velen in Karabor and the death of all the draenei there.

The only draenei capable to survive would be the rangari that would hide in the wilds.
    That would also be a product of a Void-corrupted Ner'zhul - not really a good comparison for uncorrupted vs. corrupted Orcs. WoD was always going to play out like a fractured fairy-tale version of the original story, but I think the point still stands: the Iron Horde would not have committed the atrocities or the gone to the excesses of the demonically corrupted Old Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    funny when the orcs don't have a single token character to see their primary antagonist, the legion end, not even one to show up in the kil'jaden death or to show up in the draenei space ship, only damn elves and space goats are worth time

fucking blizzard screwing the lore

i just hope they let the night elves and the orcs kill each other, #forthewarsongclan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Gary was the reason we raided org...Gary is dead...by the hands of green jesus at that. I don't see where any revenge needs to take place. Fanbois got slutvanis
    that damn raid fuck up our lore and Dismantled our horde, fucking hate that piece of crap

They give the tittle of "orgrimmar invader" to alliance fanboys, our wolves as mount and our iconic weapons as heirloom, jesus fucking Christ how can someone say that is a horde biased expansion, and now we have a dead elf as warchief.

Sure there is a need of revege here, with urgency

Orcs: Retake Outland. Legion is not the biggest threat anymore and they now have tech enough that restoring Outland might be viable. Even if it's no longer their home I can assume plenty still see it as something they want back.

Night Elves: The whole bearpit that is Elune and the Void is going to be their big thing I think.

Draenei: Rebuilding on Argus will be a minor thing, I think the focus for them will be army of the light and the Void as well.

Orcs: Oh wait, probably outland by now also overrun by Void.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Yeah the orcs kind of got shafted this expansion. I know orc-hatred is popular right now, but considering orcs are second to draenei in suffering at the Legion's hand, it would make sense for at least one orc to journey to Argus.

Hell, Blizzard has killed off most good orc characters and out of the few that are left, most of those aren't even in the main timeline or are too old to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yeah the orcs kind of got shafted this expansion. I know orc-hatred is popular right now, but considering orcs are second to draenei in suffering at the Legion's hand, it would make sense for at least one orc to journey to Argus.

Hell, Blizzard has killed off most good orc characters and out of the few that are left, most of those aren't even in the main timeline or are too old to do anything.
    Excuse me ? I think you are forgetting something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Excuse me ? I think you are forgetting something.
    In terms of playable races that have suffered from the Legion, it's Draenei > Orcs > Night Elves > Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    In terms of playable races that have suffered from the Legion, it's Draenei > Orcs > Night Elves > Humans.
    That's 2 misses in a row. Think about something else. About someone who suffered the most.

That's 2 misses in a row. Think about something else. About someone who suffered the most.
    Humans.

As in players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Humans.

As in players.
    That....would a good contender to 2nd spot. But there is someone who suffered even more. Someone whom legion forced to *gasp* 10k years of confortable live without ever trying to face their problems. Who could it be ?

That....would a good contender to 2nd spot. But there is someone who suffered even more. Someone whom legion forced to *gasp* 10k years of confortable live without ever trying to face their problems. Who could it be ?
    Hey, maybe the city of Suramar had claustrophobia? That would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.