7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Perhaps this means that the Puzzle Box of Yogg Saron will finaly be open-able come 8.0?

Oh, the implications...
    Opening it would beat the purpose of it. It's not meant to be opened, it's meant to be make the owner mad by the futility of trying. Which I guess it's succeeding in doing, as people are still doing these weird experiments, and desperately looking for clues where there are non, diving to the bottom of the ocean. Lorewise it's just a box, meant to drive the "wielder" insane tickling his or her's curiosity until they cannot take it anymore.

In this case, Blizzard are the Old God's and most likely laughing their asses off by all the discussion surrounding the Puzzle box, trying to figure out the whispers, thinking they are clues and what not. It will never open, it leads nowhere, guaranteed. But keep going, that way it serves it's purpose
    Last edited by KingSapmi; 2017-11-01 at 02:09 PM.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    ...wait, what.

How do those two things connect logically?

Staaaahp, I'm getting excited and then disappointed.
    It does a lot of whispers so I guess he assumed if the Old Gods are returning, that thing might be relevant(Probably not it was made in Cata).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

...wait, what.

How do those two things connect logically?

Staaaahp, I'm getting excited and then disappointed.
    They don't really logically. This was a location that people thought might be related to one of the lines from the box and that reaching it might allow you to open it. It was a 'thing' for a while on a Forum That Shall Not Be Named. The thread might even be there after all these years too.

7+ Year Old Account
    A friendly reminder to all that:

1. The faction war has very little reason to exist anymore.
    2. The faction split is just an excuse for Blizzard to make half the content and charge you the same amount.
    3. I can be called a carebear, but at least I'm not a thin-skinned child who derives their self-worth from fictional nations of stereotypes.

(Not referring to you, Shadochi, it's just a common-ass thing people complain about)
    Tbh, the faction war never had any too great of a reason to exist in WoW (WC era was a bit different), other than the events of Theramore or maybe some other such events. Most of the stuff that cause faction outbursts ends up being influenced by a third party (dreadlord etc). Now, while some fight between factions do exist for a reason (Sylvanas vs Greymane has a pretty strong backstory for the conflict) there currently isn't an all out faction war, which is good.
    Now the lack of faction wars doesn't mean that factions should unite, because even in the real world we have plenty of countries that aren't at war, but aren't united. And the factions can stay even without a war (if you look more into the WoW lore, there is A LOT MORE factions than just the 2 playable).

What I was talking about more with that joke wasn't some kind of faction conflict, but helping Azeroth be rebuilt after years of war and dealing with some smaller threats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    -snip-.

I meant more like dealing with all sorts of smaller threats across Azeroth, helping all the minor factions rebuild their cities, etc. No faction conflict.
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2017-11-01 at 02:13 PM.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

2. The faction split is just an excuse for Blizzard to make half the content and charge you the same amount.
    Actually, they need to do twice the content whenever there is faction specific stuff.

Removing factions would lessen their burden in content creation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturTheKing View Post
    Opening it would beat the purpose of it. It's not meant to be opened, it's meant to be make the owner mad by the futility of trying. Which I guess it's succeeding in doing, as people are still doing these weird experiments, and desperately looking for clues where there are non, diving to the bottom of the ocean. Lorewise it's just a box, meant to drive the "wielder" insane tickling his or her's curiosity until they cannot take it anymore.

In this case, Blizzard are the Old God's and most likely laughing their asses off by all the discussion surrounding the Puzzle box, trying to figure out the whispers, thinking they are clues and what not. It will never open, it leads nowhere, guaranteed. But keep going, that way it serves it's purpose
    Confirmed HP Lovecraft is the founder of Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Actually, they need to do twice the content whenever there is faction specific stuff.

well they pretty much stopped faction specific questlines with legion anyway, theres pretty much zone questlines that are the same on both sides, only difference in legion is the stormheim introduction but after 5 quests ur all on the same questline again

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Maybe then we wouldn't end up with stuff like the Broken Shore 'questline'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noram54 View Post
    That wasn't really the problem.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A friendly reminder to all that:

1. The faction war has very little reason to exist anymore.
    3. I can be called a carebear, but at least I'm not a thin-skinned child who derives their self-worth from fictional nations of stereotypes.

(Not referring to you, Shadochi, it's just a common-ass thing people complain about)
    The faction war is a huge backbone of the story that compliments the standard major threat present in every expansion, in addition to personal grudges between some of the major characters.

Taking out the conflict would take out almost all the faction identity and would eventually make the Alliance and Horde obsolete, in which case a huge part of the WoW model becomes inexistant. It would be viable in some Warcraft 4 RTS or a MMO set into the far future or the past.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-01 at 02:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Me right now, not being able to focus on studying cause I'm too damn hyped:

That's why I studied for most of my exams last week. Now I'm just learning Python on 1 screen (not Uni related) while browsing this thread on the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noram54 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That wasn't really the problem.
    Yes it was, since instead of doing 1 longer questline they split it into 12 questchains for classes and needed to add filler stuff for the Broken Shore itself.
    Same thing happens with when they decide to do faction specific stuff, it's just less noticeable since it's split into 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it was, since instead of doing 1 longer questline they split it into 12 questchains for classes and needed to add filler stuff for the Broken Shore itself.
    Same thing happens with when they decide to do faction specific stuff.
    12 classes

2 factions. I think they could handle it better

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, logged in and ready to read leaks. Let's do this!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Confirmed HP Lovecraft is the founder of Blizzcon.
    He waits dreaming...

...In Anaheim for friday, when the star's are right again.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Not subbed or I'd look. I guess maybe I could use the PTR. Does Far Sight even still exist in game?
    I used Far Sight to get out there and poke around, here's some screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/lbfja

Not sure about the rock structure but the bones and pearl were definitely already there (see video that was linked earlier) and seem unchanged

7+ Year Old Account
    12 classes

It's exactly the same, just less noticeable if it's split into 2 since a player experiences a much larger fraction of the total. (Also, 7.2 might've even been split into 24 depending on how you look at since there was the campaign questchain + mount questchain).

So it's basically the, just that when the variable of how many parts it's split into gets higher, it's easier to notice it.

12 classes

This.

Also Aeluron, I only just now realized your avatar is The Flash. I always saw an older man with slanted eyes(the dark part under Flash's eyes) wearing a hotdog suit...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Okay, logged in and ready to read leaks. Let's do this!

Good morning!
    https://imgur.com/t72MgQn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It's exactly the same, just less noticeable if it's split into 2 since a player experiences a much larger fraction of the total. (Also, 7.2 might've even been split into 24 depending on how you look at since there was the campaign questchain + mount questchain).

So it's basically the, just that when the variable of how many parts it's split into gets higher, it's easier to notice it.
    That's my point, there'd be more content for the regular player on the Broken Shore if it wasn't split up into pieces and thus more satisfaction.

This.

Also Aeluron, I only just now realized your avatar is The Flash. I always saw an older man with slanted eyes(the dark part under Flash's eyes) wearing a hotdog suit..

O.o

Warrior-Magi