Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, I believe they cost 1200 resources baseline and reward 9 BoS with 200% bonus for an overall gain of 600 resources. They are worth doing if no gold missions are up.

With the hotfix it is not worth doing but it is not that significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    With the hotfix it is not worth doing but it is not that significantly better.
    Huh? What are you referencing here? It's like you are speaking in riddles :P

If it's in reference to Bloods of Sargeras you still come out ahead with resources.

Deleted
    You can always avoid that BoS mission. Most of every other 950 mission cost like 200 to 400 resources, some even 100 and that is joke.
    Argus gold missions are best - most award around 1k base + 1 750 and often there are at least 2 per day(abuse phone app people).

However if you use the new gear properly, like giving follower that can counter Hazzard with 40% Hazzard+50%Hazzard+30% flat bonus, you can run 1 mission with 1 follower with up to 150% success chance as long as it counter at least 1 thing in the mission. And in most of the cases you can pair that follower with one of the new troop types (in the example given above Hazzard counter is 75%) and you get 40+50+30+75=195+10% (for the follower itself) = 205% by just countering that.
    I often manage to run 6 missions at 200% (still using combat ally with juicy WQ legendaries), but the only problem is maintaining good amount of order resources.
    The bad thing is you need a lot of resources for the new troops. I found that you need 4 of each 3 types every week in order to do always 5+ missions running at 200%
    So around 10k resources weekly only for that. Add the weekly seals of 3k and the amount needed to run the missions itself - lets put roughly 20k resources needed a week per toon...

I am tooo burned during the week to do WQs on Broken Shore and Argus doesn't offer much OR quests, so around the end of the week I am broke. And then comes Saturday morning (god bless) and I am able to catch up some on that. If we had OR missions it would have been the same as WoD at this moment - log, collect, resend.

Yes, if you run 6 missions concurrently cycling multiple times per day with the app you'll run out of resources very quickly. But the only reason to do that is to maximize artifact power. This thread is about maximizing gold income.

My two cents about this. I have been running argus missions with 12 alts. I have to say that I still have couple alts who dont have all the followers with 3 slots or best equipment setup. But still right now I'm managing around 700-800k from the missions only.

From my experience the best gear setup for followers is -25%-30% and trait counter (hazard,minion or spell) which is dependant on the trait that the follower is countering. Meatball is the exception to this rule since it doesn't counter any traits, for this I use shorter than 8 hours counter. This setup has one really big advantage. With argus the missions expire in 6 hours so even if you cant do all the gold mission in 6 hour duration in one go, you can complete one set of mission before the others run out. This allows you to do all the gold missions without missing anything out. The only drawback of this setup is couple 950 two follower elite missions that you cant get 160% without meatball. 160% because with meatballs power balls you can get 200% with them.
    With this setup I have managed to get all the missions to 200% that I have wanted to do. There is also special bonus with this setup on the broken shore command center missions. You can get those missions under 12 hours so they wont take days to complete.
    One extra tip for the missions too, you dont have to complete missions to get new ones appear anymore, the missions refresh every 6 hours except all the special mission (raid,dungeon,pvp etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    You can always avoid that BoS mission.
    Why would you though? Doing it at 200% gives you resources, not lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I am tooo burned during the week to do WQs on Broken Shore and Argus doesn't offer much OR quests, so around the end of the week I am broke. And then comes Saturday morning (god bless) and I am able to catch up some on that. If we had OR missions it would have been the same as WoD at this moment - log, collect, resend.
    We do, it's called Blood of Sargeras missions. Sure it's only about +600 resources, but still a gain. Classes that have insta-WQ token can gain resources too. Depending on which resource WQ you do or if you do a 4+ Blood one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Huh? What are you referencing here? It's like you are speaking in riddles :P

If it's in reference to Bloods of Sargeras you still come out ahead with resources.
    True BoS is still worth it and probably six months from now.

Personally I just follow this spreadsheet. May not be optimized for "gold", but I 200% everything with reduction on time on damn near everything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=369676051 Credit to @Polarthief
    Last edited by maxiixam; 2017-10-31 at 05:58 PM.

Yep, guy does really nice work on theorycrafting / planning for multiple classes, he has a main thread in Druid sub-forum I'm checking here and there, the idea to use at least 1 mission time reduction item per champion with blue/epic Argus equipment did wonders for my main, many missions went from 18-24h bracket to 6-8h so I don't lock champions for too long.

You can't really send every mission possible, you'd probably run out of resources, you'd also have to camp mission table / companion app, I don't really enjoy that idea, so I assume we get so many missions so we can pick and choose what to prio: gold, AP, argunite for gambling, bloods / sargerite for crafting? It's up to each person what they want to focus on.

Previously I only kept up 3 of my 12 toons for Argus missions but I started to realize that because old missions refresh every 1.5-2 days, the frequency at which you're getting gold mission is much lower than when you have 6 hour refresh like argus missions. Most of the gold missions range from 100 to 400 Order Hall resources. As long as you don't burn through Argus troops too fast on classes that do not have vitality recovery, I think it's worth it to unlock the new missions for everyone.

So currently with 12 alts, not all followers optimized, and only a few fully opened Argus, I'm pulling in about 150k a week running missions (average over last 3 weeks).

As I finish getting my alts followers leveled to titled with Argus equipment, I expect that to go up pretty nicely.

Current gearing strategy is +40/50 to counter and +30 overall.

For followers with mission reduction/long mission bonus, I'm using +50/under 8/over 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

That's about right. I average ~165k/week with 12 characters. Main's followers are at 950 and fully kitted-out and all alts are at 900 and kitted out pre-argus. I don't have any mission time reduction items equipped at all, as I only care about gold missions.

I have been seeing more gold missions on my main, so I may end up doing Argus on the 5 alts with daily WQ complete OH talents to easily maintain resources. That would leave me with 6 argus gold makers and 6 pre-argus. Might split up any diminishing returns on gold returns too, if such a thing exists in Legion.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-11-01 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    9 toons 60-90k/day!

shuffle eq, prio mission reduction below 6h, login evry 6h for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by maxiixam View Post
    Personally I just follow this spreadsheet. May not be optimized for "gold", but I 200% everything with reduction on time on damn near everything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=369676051 Credit to @Polarthief
    *bows* Thanks for crediting me!

As for optimizing for gold, it greatly depends how much effort you want to put in. Maximum effort involves keeping up with resources, going ham on Reduction, and checking your order hall multiple times a day (at least 4 or 5), probably with the app. Some people only check once a day, so Reduction isn't necessary. I personally only check my 11 pre-Argus alts once a day, while my Druid (main) I check probably around 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, guy does really nice work on theorycrafting / planning for multiple classes, he has a main thread in Druid sub-forum I'm checking here and there, the idea to use at least 1 mission time reduction item per champion with blue/epic Argus equipment did wonders for my main, many missions went from 18-24h bracket to 6-8h so I don't lock champions for too long.
    *blush* Thank you! That said, I actually sorta hijacked someone else's thread. I really should get my own TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You can't really send every mission possible, you'd probably run out of resources, you'd also have to camp mission table / companion app, I don't really enjoy that idea, so I assume we get so many missions so we can pick and choose what to prio: gold, AP, argunite for gambling, bloods / sargerite for crafting? It's up to each person what they want to focus on.
    All missions of every reward type? Yeah not only will you run out of resources, but it's virtually impossible to do with how quickly missions expire and come up. You'd need to at least 100% (or gamble with lower percentiles) with 3x reduction on every champion. Good luck 200%ing anything with that kind of setup.

For anyone who hasn't seen my spreadsheet (already posted by Maxiixam), feel free to check it out and ask me anything you'd like. I frequently visit this thread over here on the Druid forum, and despite being on the Druid forum, I do talk about non-Druid OH stuff too. I also have all my contact info (MMO-C, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and even BTag/Druid Main in WoW) posted on a tab there. You can also @Polarthief me on any thread and I'll appear, eventually

Best of luck with the gold-making!

PS: Without another @ mention, I probably won't respond to anything written after this post. Feel free to @ me if needed, or contact me elsewhere.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    So how do you guys deal with the new troops that cost like 900 resources? I have all 12 classes capped, and i really don't want to do WQ's on all of them. On my main i got enough bloods to cover all costs pre 7.3, but with the new troops it aint happening.
    I just get the first one on all my characters, the one that costs 150 resources. With those characters with a lot of resources i take 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    So how do you guys deal with the new troops that cost like 900 resources? I have all 12 classes capped, and i really don't want to do WQ's on all of them. On my main i got enough bloods to cover all costs pre 7.3, but with the new troops it aint happening.
    Not sure if everyone knows the trick, but half the classes can cheapskate on the troops and keep them alive forever as long as you always counter the "kill troops" danger type.

You just need a specific champion that provides you healing items, and use these items on Argus troops when they have 1 hp to bring them back to 2 hp, rinse and repeat. It's beneficial to keep a stack of healing items (max 5) and keep sending the champion who produces them as much as possible.

The list of classes and champions who can do it:
    Demon Hunter - Kor'vas
    Shaman - Nobundo
    Druid - Sylendra
    Priest - Ishanah
    Mage - Meryl
    Warlock - Kira

Rogues have Valeera who works slightly different, and I never tested her, so can't really say how reliable it is.

Also less efficient, but still saves some troops are the champions who have 50% chance to revive a dead troop back to 1 hp. Obviously the downside is not only it's 50% chance but also that champion needs to be send on that mission, which might not always be the best choice.

These champions are:
    Paladin - Aponi
    Druid - Brightwing
    Priest - Yalia
    Death Knight - Whitemane

Also on a side note, when you have champions with epic equipment sometimes they add similar or equal success chance as an Argus troop. 3-slot missions I often send without countering Argus Elite and it still goes 200%. 2-slot are harder ofc.

And of course, if you can't afford it, don't send the mission on some backwater alt - bloods / resources are an opportunity cost after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    9 toons 60-90k/day!

shuffle eq, prio mission reduction below 6h, login evry 6h for profit.
    Seriously? Hats off to you if true, that's much more than I believed remotely possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not in touch lately, so please tell me.

I know i can now upgrade my followers to 950 ILvL. Is there any new gold missions in that ILvL and how much gold gives?

Yes there are, they only reward a couple hundred gold more but refresh faster.