Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i don't know about instantly dying, but I never seem to hear people talk about Forza games once they are released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Yep, it used to be (and still can) with single player games you could buy it, play it for a month or so and complete now. Now online multiplayer games have a much, much longer life in them, which in theory provides better value.

It's like WoW and MMOs, when a 'new' MMO came along (conan/warhammer/SW:TOR) etc, WoW players looked at them, but all the time and energy put into WoW meant people stuck with what they knew and had invested it.

Blizz have done it again with Overwatch. Made the biggest and 'best' hero-based shooter out there. So all the games like it, wether or not they copied it can't easily compete at all.

I played Battleborn on one of their beta weekends. It was 'ok' but nothing compared with Overwatch. If i'm choosing to spend my time, I'm going to stick with what I enjoy most.
    Sadly it costs others too i personslly preferred battleborn.

That said you hit on another reason i feel things are changing an emphasis on multiplayer competitive especially.

It pushes companies to try to monetize it while sadly it is becoming a very dominant playstyle in alot of AAA games. Not all by a decent amount but still alot.

And then actual co op against pve is exceedingly rare. Also probably pushing some kf this.

All in all people only have so much time and money. So i guess the online saves both on paper buuut also means more time and money invested meaning less likely to jump ship.

Going to say something that's probably going to fall on deaf ears, but what im about to say is the truth.

Look at the NFL. People are tired of X and refuse to purchase or watch games, this causes people who financially support the NFL (Fans/Advertisers) to pull their funding, which in turn causes the NFL to attempt to correct it's mistakes. That said, the NFL is poorly managed and shouldn't be in that mess, but lets not divert to politics, the concept is the point.

People need to STOP buying the next CoD clone, STOP buying day 1 DLC games. STOP buying games with microtransactions. STOP BUYING GAMES THAT DO NOT BENEFIT THE GAMER.

It won't be an instant turnaround which is likely why gamers are unable to stop buying these products (Most gamers are instant gratifications people, to be honest). But this is the only way to fix the problem. Use your wallet, it actually works.
    Last edited by rosebull; 2017-11-02 at 04:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that Quake Champions doesnt follow the steps of Lawbreakers, as the game is great, if a bit cluncky. Lawbreakers needed to be f2p. Now, it's dead.

Looks like Gigantic is the next skull on the pile.

NBA Live. Not sure why they keep bothering at all.